Bikes, Hints'n'Tips > FZS600 Fazer

Gearbox removal

(1/2) > >>

Frasier:
Dear experts, I have to take out the gearbox, it seems. The question is: if I take the engine out of the frame, is it possible to remove the lower half of the engine, and take out the gears WITHOUT removing the cylinders, pistons, cyl.head etc.? Thank you in advance.

Gnasher:

--- Quote from: Frasier on 20 September 2023, 02:17:18 pm ---Dear experts, I have to take out the gearbox, it seems. The question is: if I take the engine out of the frame, is it possible to remove the lower half of the engine, and take out the gears WITHOUT removing the cylinders, pistons, cyl.head etc.? Thank you in advance.
--- End quote ---

No.   The bike doesn't have just a gear box, the gear cluster is within the engine casing and there's 2 bolts that sit under the barrel block.  These are either side of the cam chain void and cylinders 2 & 3.

Why do you need to remove the gear cluster?       

Frasier:
English is not my first language - I mean the gears. The reason is the usual: I have to examine the gears, and shifter forks, it randomly jumps out of gears under load.Sooo, a complete engine disassembly waits for me, it seems....

unfazed:
To dismantle the gearbox of the FZS600 you have to do a full engine strip.
The reason: Yamaha put two crankcase bolts under the cylinder barrels and you cannot remove the bottom half of the crankcase without removing those two bolts 

Frasier:
Thank you all.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version