Date: 20-05-24  Time: 20:30 pm

Author Topic: Konichiwa!  (Read 1235 times)

Fuzzy

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
Konichiwa!
« on: 20 December 2011, 05:21:08 pm »

Hello everybody,

I'm a half Japanese British chap living in London. After a lot of tinkering on my Fazer this year, I finally feel like I can contribute to the forum. Proud owner of a 2000 FZS600 although I have unfortunately not laid eyes on it since the summer... so below is a short story to explain where I am in terms of my ownership of this bike.

In late 2010 I had an accident which involved me and my Kawasaki ending up in somebody's wall. The bike was destroyed and I broke a few bones etc, most notably a clean break of my left collarbone. At the end of the initial 3 months of recovery time, it turned out that my collar bone had not recovered properly - the bone did not unite.

However, I was able to ride again and I bought a silver Fazer that was a bit rougher round the edges than it first appeared. Rode it & tinkered with it for 6 months. It then had to be put away due to a follow up bone graft op to correct the collar bone.

That brings me to where I am now. My shoulder is improving and hopefully I'll be swinging my leg over my bike again in February. During my time off the road I've been steadily gathering parts & various bits and bobs for my Fazer.

I recently had all the plastics (beautifully) painted too - all credit to D-lucks in Brighton. Below is a photo of it half way through the painting process.

Looking forward to sharing progress on my Fazer with you all & being part of the forum. If you ever need a little help with Japanese manuals and the like, I'd be happy to help too  :)

Fuzzy

Silverdream

• Weekend Warrior
  • Live it - Ride it..
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Re: Konichiwa!
« Reply #1 on: 20 December 2011, 11:23:23 pm »

Welcome buddy..

Hopefully your collarbone heals as it should and all is well for some decent riding next year..

You will have to pop some more pics up when your painting is finished...

It look like a very cooool colour going on there...  8)

Silverdream