Date: 30-04-24  Time: 17:08 pm

Author Topic: screens  (Read 8426 times)

Tmation

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Re: screens
« Reply #25 on: 30 July 2013, 03:52:33 pm »
I have tried nearly every make of screen and they all have drawbacks, but basically the fairing is too far away from the rider and changing screens doesn't make that much different.
[/size]
[/size]These are my personal opinions, but as stated it depends on your size and what you are wearing that makes as much difference.

[/size]
[/size]For day to day normal riding I like the shorter street fighter screen its like riding a big naked (no noise or buffeting but 80 max speed).
[/size]
[/size]The standard screen put air on to my chest which the goes up into my helmet making my eyes water (I am 5'10")
[/size]
[/size]Most double bubbles make my head shake at above 80-90 mph, some so much I couldn't see, and they just get worse as speed increases.
[/size]
[/size]Not tried a Givi touring but most people like them, other touring screens including Yams own one just make more noise.
[/size]
[/size]MRA Vario, good idea but main screen same as standard so too short, mostly just makes more noise.
[/size]
[/size]Tech 7 (cross between DB and Flip) not bad and only cost £20 in Busters sale)
[/size]
[/size]I am now using a Puig DB with an MRA X-Creen fitted. Just returned from 1800 mile trip to Germany, with blade right up I can cruise at 120 on autobhan  without too much buffeting although it is noisy. Form normal riding I put blade down but angled away from screen and it allowed 90 without problems.
[/size]
[/size]Puig DB
[/size]
[/size][size=78%]
[/size][/size][size=78%]
[/size]Puig DB with X-Creen (extra height of DB helps)
[/size]
[/size][size=78%][/size] [/size][size=78%]

Tech 7 Screen

Zero Gravity screen, I had to cut sides off as the handle bars fouled on them, it was also the worst (for me) in terms of noise and buffeting.

solorider

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Re: screens
« Reply #26 on: 31 July 2013, 10:32:38 pm »
I modified a standard blackbird screen which I just had collecting dust in the garage, the screen is a low screen but is a lot wider than the fazer screen, the outcome is no buffeting at all, but you do still get wind noise as you do get on the standard screen, but it was a lot more comfortable than the original screen, im goinf to try a spoiler on top to see if I can push the air over my head.