Date: 18-05-24  Time: 19:32 pm

Author Topic: General Election 8th June  (Read 26926 times)

slappy

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT09
    • View Profile
Re: General Election 8th June
« Reply #200 on: 09 June 2017, 10:55:12 pm »
The SNP lose 21 seats, a drop of  13%  of the votes since 2015 and you say it is a resounding victory, foc knows what you would call a bloody loss.

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: 09 June 2017, 11:07:58 pm »

The SNP lose 21 seats, a drop of  13%  of the votes since 2015 and you say it is a resounding victory, foc knows what you would call a bloody loss.
The SNP won 56 out of a possible 59 seats in 2015.  That’s incredible.  Labour had 1 seat, The Tories 1 seat and the Lid Dems 1 seat. 

Nobody expected a repeat result.

Previously the SNP’s best result at Westminster was 6 seats.

The SNP have just won 35 out of a possible 59 seats.

I’m simply stating facts Slappy.  The SNP won the council elections, and yesterday they won the Westminster election.

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: 09 June 2017, 11:13:14 pm »
  But the SNP is the side issue in this.

Ms May, a Prime Minister with a working majority, called a snap general election.  She was looking for and expected a landslide majority, and the countries stamp of approval in moving forward to the BREXIT negotiations.

She didn’t lose the election but she now has no majority. 

There are 27 EU leaders having a wee giggle.

Ms May is holed below the water line.  As is BREXIT.

lew600fazer

• GP Hero
  • There is only one form of racing, road racing.
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - 2017 MT-09 Tracer ABS
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: 09 June 2017, 11:18:16 pm »
VNA be man enough to admit this election was a fucking disaster for the SNP they lost 21 seats ffs, and only hung onto one by 2 votes
MT-09 Tracer for those who no longer can handle a BIG boy Fazer

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: 10 June 2017, 12:10:06 am »

VNA be man enough to admit this election was a fucking disaster for the SNP they lost 21 seats ffs, and only hung onto one by 2 votes
Lew, I’m not a member of the SNP and I’m not an SNP supporter.

No, it was not a great night for the SNP.  They won the election, it was a victory, but not exactly a resounding victory.

The SNP would have been happy with 40 seats, and delighted with 45.

They won.  No doubt about it.  Again, not a good night, but far from a “fucking disaster” Lew

The Conservative Party, however did have a fucking disastrous night.  No doubt about that.

Ms Sturgeon will remain as leader of the SNP.  And, and, I say this as somebody who is neither a member nor a supporter of the SNP, the most disciplined party in the UK will be having a long hard look at why they have taken a step back in popularity.  I expect they will make changes – education springs to mind.  Sturgeon however isn’t going anywhere.

I’ll tell you two things Lew.

Sturgeon will lead her party into the next major election, be that Scottish parliamentary election or Scottish election.  Right now, I put money on her and her party winning again.

Ms May has led her party into her first, and her last, general election as leader.

steve 10562cc

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - KAWASAKI Z1000
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: 10 June 2017, 07:15:12 am »

I don't agree with most of what you say VNA but your spot on Mays days are very much numbered the night of the long knives is not far away.
Wasn't going to comment any more but I will say this the result was a total disaster for the country at this moment in our history we needed a government with a strong working majority whether that was labour or conservative now all we have is 650 gob s**ts that will spend who knows how many months until the next election scoring points of each other rather than governing this country and getting the best deal for us all on brexit.

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: 10 June 2017, 10:17:31 am »

I don't agree with most of what you say VNA but your spot on Mays days are very much numbered.
Nope we don’t often agree with each other, but on May, oh yes, agreed, her days are numbered.

It’s interesting how our political systems work.  At Westminster it’s a first past the post majority system.  In some constituencies it’s often not really worth the walk to the polling station and in reality a general election is only held in a few dozen constituencies. 

When Westminster decided that they would offer Scotland a taste of democracy, well they offered us a Scottish Parliament, but not a first past the post parliament but one based largely on proportional representation. So, what is considered a disaster at Westminster (a hung parliament) is the norm in Scotland.
The reason that we got PR, of course, was precisely so that no one party could ever hold a majority.  In other words, the SNP would never ever win a majority and could never ever win an Independence bill in the parliament – but so far, they have done it twice.

now all we have is 650 gob s**ts that will spend who knows how many months until the next election scoring points of each other rather than governing this country and getting the best deal for us all on brexit.

Maybe the gob shites are going to have to grow up and start to get to grips with consensus politics, you know the kind of politics that grownups practise across a large chunk of Europe.

All a strong working majority means, is that the party that holds that majority can go ahead and do whatever the hell they want without considering or consulting anybody else – something Tories are particularly good at.  Further, that they actually always do so on a minority of the vote suggests, to me anyway, that our first past the post system isn’t particularly democratic. 

I rather like what the English gave us in Scotland.

lew600fazer

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: 10 June 2017, 10:30:46 am »

VNA  will say one thing about Sturgeon at least she seems honourable enough and no doubt she will  lead the SNP into the next election. Sadly the same will happen again in N Ireland were we have a the DUP, a  party who are stuck in the dark ages and this result for the DUP will ensure that Arline Forster (Ian Paisley with tits) will do the same.
Theresa May if she genuinely has the best interests of the whole of the UK at heart should resign and call another election, the EU and Brexit and the Euro 27 nations will just have to wait until we have sorted this shite out,  I am sure they will be happy enough to continue to collect the UK's contributions until we do. How many EU member states do we hear clamouring for the talks to start? two maybe three at the most, all by the way being bullied by the Germans who now see a real opportunity to punish the UK for daring to destroy there 4th Reich.
If May still wants to proceed with the talks she should call in the leaders of all UK parties and simply tell them we are going to Brussels with a team of negotiators made up from a collective group from the houses of parliament which will be drawn from ALL parties and not just her lot. If she cannot do that she should resign, not that she will be there much longer but I am sure you get my gist.

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: 10 June 2017, 10:37:02 am »
"...Ian Paisley with tits..."

:rollin :rollin :rollin
More people are born because of alcohol than will ever die from it.

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: 10 June 2017, 10:57:37 am »
  Ms May is making a mistake in using the DUP, and nor does she need to.

I find it hard to believe that Arlene Foster has not stepped down as leader of her party.

Theresa May if she genuinely has the best interests of the whole of the UK at heart should resign and call another election, the EU and Brexit and the Euro 27 nations will just have to wait until we have sorted this shite out

Well as one EU politician said – for negotiations to be put on hold, well first they would have to actually begin.

Look the Tories offered a referendum on EU membership in order to unite their party so that they could win an election.  It wasn’t for the good of the country or the good of the people.  They did it for their own selfish reasons.  So, confident of winning that referendum and keeping the UK in the EU, David Cameron and his pals didn’t bother to spell out what leaving the EU would actually look like or what it would mean.  Meanwhile a bunch of numpties were free to spread endless lies about the EU and our contributions to it etc.

Oh does anybody remember UKIP?

Having the lost the vote Ms May (leaving the EU would be a disaster she had told us) then suddenly became the most enthusiastic BREXITER in the UK and finally fulfilled her life time ambition of becoming Prime Minister .  She then sensing an opposition in disarray, and of course with the bulk of the mainstream media behind her (plenty of paranoid slanderous Corbyn bashing), for her own selfish and opportunistic reasons went to the country in a snap election (despite having a working majority!).

What is the central theme here?  What’s the real problem here?  Could it be the selfish, opportunistic, looking after the 1% Tory party – perhaps? 

Well anyway, that’s a full 12 months after the BREXIT and all the UK has done is fret about it, negotiations have yet to  take place – a whole year wasted.

As for another election – the people have spoken Lew.  It is for the politicians to work with the result that they have been given.  But to do so, this time they will have to behave like grown-ups. 
« Last Edit: 10 June 2017, 11:00:33 am by VNA »

BBROWN1664

• Administrator
  • GP Hero
  • Should get out more!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tracer 900
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #210 on: 10 June 2017, 11:31:36 am »

(Ian Paisley with tits)

From the pictures I have seen of Ian Paisley, he had tits too. One is just a bigger c***
Another ex-Fazer rider that is a foccer again

lew600fazer

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: 11 June 2017, 01:03:12 am »

:rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin
At least Big Ian had the Balls to call Thatcher a lying cunt to her face when she was spouting out the line , we will not negotiate with terrorists.

The Tory party spent £1.2 million claiming that Corbyn was dealing with the IRA, he never denied it he said he held talks trying to broker a peace.
Mrs May is just about to jump into bed with another pack of terrorists as in the DUP they all have blood on their hands are well known to be a corrupt bunch of tossers.

Oldgit

• foccerwithoutaspacebar
  • GP Hero
  • Old Age & Treachery will Overcome Youth & Skill
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - BMW R1200RS Sport SE
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: 11 June 2017, 10:20:16 am »
Foc the SNP---one trick pony's

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: 11 June 2017, 10:51:46 am »
The Tory party spent £1.2 million claiming that Corbyn was dealing with the IRA, he never denied it he said he held talks trying to broker a peace.
Mrs May is just about to jump into bed with another pack of terrorists as in the DUP they all have blood on their hands are well known to be a corrupt bunch of tossers.

Foc me - I agree with Lew.  A bunch of gun running, terrorist supporting, anti-abortion, anti-gay creationist climate change deniers. 

You can argue that the DUP have moved on from their terrorist supporting gun running days, and yes that’s a good thing, however you can’t get away from the fact that they are backwards looking political dinosaurs.

Sein Fein, the former political wing of the IRA, look positively progressive in comparison to the DUP.

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: 11 June 2017, 11:09:30 am »
  Perhaps now is a good time to review initial post from fazersharp General Election 8th June.

General Election on the 8th June looks like a second EU referendum by any other name.
 Mrs May has had enough of the sniping from the remainders in labour and lib dems and the lords on brexit so she has called for a general election to ask for a mandate on the Governments current brexit path

Mrs May with a strong UK backing will be able to get the best brexit possible, you can not go into negations weak and divided as the euros will sh#t all over us.

So clearly May has not received that mandate.  She, and her BREXIT plans, have been rejected.

Almost everything corbin does makes him look like a blundering fool.

If  Brown,  Mandelson, the Milibands, the Blairite MP’s had of supported the blundering fool, then he would be our Prime Minster right now residing over a thumping majority.

Corbyn is still standing whilst May’s days as leader of the Tory party are numbered. 

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: 11 June 2017, 11:42:40 am »
  Perhaps now is a good time to review initial post from fazersharp General Election 8th June.

General Election on the 8th June looks like a second EU referendum by any other name.
 Mrs May has had enough of the sniping from the remainders in labour and lib dems and the lords on brexit so she has called for a general election to ask for a mandate on the Governments current brexit path

Mrs May with a strong UK backing will be able to get the best brexit possible, you can not go into negations weak and divided as the euros will sh#t all over us.

So clearly May has not received that mandate.  She, and her BREXIT plans, have been rejected.

Yes  -------- and your point is
« Last Edit: 11 June 2017, 11:43:19 am by fazersharp »
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: 11 June 2017, 11:49:02 am »

slappy

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT09
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: 11 June 2017, 04:00:41 pm »
Conservatives got more seats and higher percentage of vote than any other party so if they do not have the mandate who does?

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: 11 June 2017, 05:08:02 pm »
  Ms May went to the country asking for a landslide majority in order that she have the strongest possible mandate for negotiation with the 27 countries of the EU.

Ms May who had a working majority, no longer has a majority.  Ms May who repeatedly slandered Mr Corbyn for alleged links to the IRA is asking for the support of the political wing of the loyalist paramilitaries - The DUP.

And as fazersharp put it;

So my point to fazersharp is slappy;

Clearly May has not received that mandate.  She, and her BREXIT plans, have been rejected.

Personally I think she has made a bit of a James Hunt of herself.
« Last Edit: 11 June 2017, 05:08:53 pm by VNA »

slappy

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT09
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: 11 June 2017, 06:06:00 pm »
Conservatives got more seats and higher percentage of vote than any other party so if they do not have the mandate who does?

Ms May went to the country asking for a landslide majority in order that she have the strongest possible mandate for negotiation with the 27 countries of the EU.

Ms May who had a working majority, no longer has a majority.  Ms May who repeatedly slandered Mr Corbyn for alleged links to the IRA is asking for the support of the political wing of the loyalist paramilitaries - The DUP.

And as fazersharp put it;

So my point to fazersharp is slappy;

Clearly May has not received that mandate.  She, and her BREXIT plans, have been rejected.

Personally I think she has made a bit of a James Hunt of herself.

My question was who has the mandate if the Conservatives don't ?
Just a general question that has foc all to do with the IRA and the DUP.

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: 11 June 2017, 07:12:06 pm »

According to Fazesharp;

you can not go into negations weak and divided as the euros will sh#t all over us.

so she has called for a general election to ask for a mandate on the Governments current brexit path

Clearly the public have rejected her request.

lew600fazer

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: 11 June 2017, 10:21:28 pm »
A poll carried out today has put Labour 6 points clear of the Conservatives.

Dudeofrude

• GP Hero
  • Rude, Crude and Tattooed
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: 11 June 2017, 11:53:48 pm »

Bit late now haha

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: 12 June 2017, 12:00:12 am »

According to Fazesharp;

you can not go into negations weak and divided as the euros will sh#t all over us.

so she has called for a general election to ask for a mandate on the Governments current brexit path

Clearly the public have rejected her request.
And your point is what.
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

lew600fazer

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: 12 June 2017, 09:22:18 am »

Bit late now haha

So what happens if May cannot get her queens speech through Parliament? I may be wrong but she will have to call another election.