Date: 28-03-24  Time: 13:14 pm

Author Topic: stuttering fzs 600  (Read 257875 times)

CRH

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
Re: stuttering fzs 600
« Reply #650 on: 11 September 2012, 05:30:34 pm »
me too! sooner have a ped?...think positive?...IT WILL BE FINE!!...its just got to be? :'( ....like i said ?..got to beat atb to this one ! he,s getting bit to smug for my liking!! :b

CRH

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: 11 September 2012, 08:19:33 pm »
hurry up red?...its getting dark!!...and ade the night owl is lurking in the shadows!! 8) ...bring us some ..GOOD..news!.Pleeeeeeeeeeze :rolleyes ...

ade the blade

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - xl1000v varadero
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: 11 September 2012, 09:09:58 pm »
hurry up red?...its getting dark!!...and ade the night owl is lurking in the shadows!! 8) ...bring us some ..GOOD..news!.Pleeeeeeeeeeze :rolleyes ...
too late, my little dormice....HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT !! :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

ade the blade

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - xl1000v varadero
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: 11 September 2012, 09:13:18 pm »
afternoon all you young foccrs :) .....iam i the oldest foccer in town ?
 k+n filter arrived yesterday and looks fantastic  :D  will fit tonight and have a play with the colour tune  ;)

in the meantime  ;) ,all you foccers out there start thinking about what iam going to do next if this fails, as i think iam now out of ideas  :\
SAND YACHTING ?.......BEACHES ARE QUIETER NOW :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin  oop, i`m shouting :lol

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600,CB400/4,X7,CB250
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: 12 September 2012, 12:29:59 pm »
hard day at work yesterday  :\  got in at 6 had dinner and thought i would watch the news before fettling the fazer  ;) .......................woke up at 9 .45  :o :o .......will try again tonight  :)
One, is never going to be enough.....

ade the blade

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - xl1000v varadero
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: 12 September 2012, 07:44:51 pm »
hard day at work yesterday  :\  got in at 6 had dinner and thought i would watch the news before fettling the fazer  ;) .......................woke up at 9 .45  :o :o .......will try again tonight  :)
dinner............where i live its called tea. is that because you`re a toff or am i just gutter scum?  :\

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: 12 September 2012, 07:46:34 pm »
straight out to the garage tonight,no slouching on the sofa  :rolleyes ....fitted the k+n air filter :)  an excellent fit,very snug around the top rim  ;)  the old filter had a good 6mm gap and relied on the top cover to hold it in place  :rolleyes  (its a pattern filter about £23 i think)
 took no4 plug out and fitted the colour tune.....start the old girl up and i can see straight away shes running weak ;) [size=78%],blue flame , what i was expecting,mixture is set to 2.5 turns so turn the mixture screw anti-clockwise (out) until i get blue/yellow flame,edging towards yellow as the fazer is designed to run rich[/size] :) ........before i started adjusting the mixture they were set at 4 turns out and had been like that for 30,000 miles with no problems.......now  with the colour tune and k+n filter.....................5 turns out  :eek :eek
 need to set the other cylinders now and then test ride...work permitting  :rolleyes

Andy FZS

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: 12 September 2012, 07:48:12 pm »
Maybe got in at 6am had DINNER and then a decent nap until 9;45 :lol
Andy

nickodemon

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Aprilia tuono V4
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: 12 September 2012, 08:17:08 pm »
Just acquired a fzs 600 1999. It seems to run fine sometimes and other times it feels like its running out of fuel and hesitates about 5000 rpm usually when gassing it to overtake :eek . I find if i hold the throttle open it hesitates then clears. It has a micron race can and standard air filter. Any help appreciated :(
If it's broken, it's not fixed.

ade the blade

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - xl1000v varadero
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: 12 September 2012, 08:50:38 pm »
straight out to the garage tonight,no slouching on the sofa  :rolleyes ....fitted the k+n air filter :)  an excellent fit,very snug around the top rim  ;)  the old filter had a good 6mm gap and relied on the top cover to hold it in place  :rolleyes  (its a pattern filter about £23 i think)
 took no4 plug out and fitted the colour tune.....start the old girl up and i can see straight away shes running weak ;) [size=78%],blue flame , what i was expecting,mixture is set to 2.5 turns so turn the mixture screw anti-clockwise (out) until i get blue/yellow flame,edging towards yellow as the fazer is designed to run rich[/size] :) ........before i started adjusting the mixture they were set at 4 turns out and had been like that for 30,000 miles with no problems.......now  with the colour tune and k+n filter.....................5 turns out  :eek :eek
 need to set the other cylinders now and then test ride...work permitting  :rolleyes
:wall ............not good :\

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #660 on: 12 September 2012, 09:02:34 pm »
no,not good.....not standard........i`ll carry on with the other cylinders and see what happens on the test ride  ;)

CRH

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: 12 September 2012, 09:10:16 pm »
dont you think it may be better running it up to temp b4 u set mixture?...i would have thought that just might make a diff?

Dead Eye

• GP Hero
  • What doesn't kill me, will only make me stronger.
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: 12 September 2012, 09:52:35 pm »
Everybody is probably thinking it, but carbs (and engines in general) are still not fully sussed in my mind. So; the mixture screws increase / decrease the amount of fuel that is being drawn by the carbs (or something to that effect) so wouldn't increasing the jet sizes have the same result as turning the mixture screws out? Of course you are still running a standard can and it shouldn't be necessary but...

My other random thought is, what if fuel pressure is low? Could a half faulty pump or filter be restricting the fuel flow and preventing enough from getting through? It's a bit of a twist on the same theme that has been followed with fuel starvation...

So much has been discussed but its like 20 pages back and I don't want to go re-read this entire thread - it would take all night :P

ade the blade

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - xl1000v varadero
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: 12 September 2012, 10:29:42 pm »
Everybody is probably thinking it, but carbs (and engines in general) are still not fully sussed in my mind. So; the mixture screws increase / decrease the amount of fuel that is being drawn by the carbs (or something to that effect) so wouldn't increasing the jet sizes have the same result as turning the mixture screws out? Of course you are still running a standard can and it shouldn't be necessary but...

My other random thought is, what if fuel pressure is low? Could a half faulty pump or filter be restricting the fuel flow and preventing enough from getting through? It's a bit of a twist on the same theme that has been followed with fuel starvation...

So much has been discussed but its like 20 pages back and I don't want to go re-read this entire thread - it would take all night :P

hmmmmmmm........lots of the above post sounds familiar :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin only one word is important here.......and that word is good `ole FUEL. either the delivery or mixing of same is the key here....trust me.......i say ya buy one, ya get one free, i say ya buy one , ya get one free. if ya didn`t laff then you`d just shit ya panties :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol  nighty night.

CRH

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: 12 September 2012, 10:36:54 pm »

hmmmmmmm........lots of the above post sounds familiar :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin only one word is important here.......and that word is good `ole FUEL. either the delivery or mixing of same is the key here....trust me.......i say ya buy one, ya get one free, i say ya buy one , ya get one free. if ya didn`t laff then you`d just shit ya panties :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol  nighty night.
....soz ade?...just cant trust a bloke in high heels!!!! :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: 13 September 2012, 12:48:04 am »
Still not happy with my bike between 2000-3000rpm, so it's booked in to PDQ Monday week.

It WILL get sorted, albeit the issue of a small fortune, but the man who deals with it is a genius, so i'll report back when it's done and  let you know what he found!
More people are born because of alcohol than will ever die from it.

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: 13 September 2012, 08:11:56 am »
dont you think it may be better running it up to temp b4 u set mixture?...i would have thought that just might make a diff?

yes ......did that crh........adjusting the mixture with the engine hot and running is no fun  :eek :eek

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: 13 September 2012, 08:15:34 am »

good point on the fuel pump and filter  ;) ....i bench tested the pump and all seamed fine :D  could change when its under pressure though  :\ .....filter was clear and again seamed fine.but as they are cheap will probs replace  :)

Lawrence

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - CBR1100XX Super Blackbird
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: 13 September 2012, 10:08:29 am »
Just acquired a fzs 600 1999. It seems to run fine sometimes and other times it feels like its running out of fuel and hesitates about 5000 rpm usually when gassing it to overtake :eek . I find if i hold the throttle open it hesitates then clears. It has a micron race can and standard air filter. Any help appreciated :(
Mine was the same, would hold back for a second or two and then start pulling.  New air and fuel filters fixed it.  About £13 and £5 respectively from Wemoto.

nickodemon

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Aprilia tuono V4
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: 13 September 2012, 06:06:37 pm »
Just ordered a fuel filter to see if it helps. Thing is sometimes it runs fine, so i would be more inclined to think its electrical, but for a fiver it's worth a punt.
If it's broken, it's not fixed.

CRH

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: 13 September 2012, 09:23:22 pm »
com on then red?...put us out our misery !!!!! :rolleyes ......did it work or do i owe ATB a blow job???????? :\

ade the blade

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - xl1000v varadero
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: 13 September 2012, 09:26:02 pm »
com on then red?...put us out our misery !!!!! :rolleyes ......did it work or do i owe ATB a blow job???????? :\
we are waiting mate.... :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes

CRH

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: 13 September 2012, 09:29:22 pm »
we are waiting mate.... :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes
....ile warn you now matey?....if i do lose the bet?..you paying me petrol down t yours!! or i keep me fuckin teeth ...IN!!!! :b

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: 14 September 2012, 07:50:19 am »
no time to play last night as working late,busy today aswell and i think iam working this weekend too  :\ .....nice to have the work.....but i want to sort the 600 aswell  :\ :\ :\ :\ :\

CRH

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: 14 September 2012, 10:09:31 pm »
Try not to be too long mate?.....got him who wears the high heels"..scratching on me top box lid!! :\ ....itching to fill me tank for a filthy night of gobbleygooch!! :rolleyes .....he soooo wants me to be wrong?...i can feel it in me lycra pants!! ;)