Date: 28-03-24  Time: 15:10 pm

Author Topic: stuttering fzs 600  (Read 257930 times)

CRH

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
Re: stuttering fzs 600
« Reply #250 on: 31 May 2012, 09:47:41 pm »
ever thought of getting yourself a fazer???????????????? :rolleyes ........traitor!!!!!!!!!! :evil

ade the blade

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - xl1000v varadero
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: 31 May 2012, 09:56:37 pm »
ever thought of getting yourself a fazer???????????????? :rolleyes ........traitor!!!!!!!!!! :evil
Clive mate, i`ve tried them all over the years. twins, triples , in-line fours and of course the brutal single `thumpers`  :'( , but i`ve always had a soft spot for v-twins. the torque is phenomenal. `course, mines tweaked to sh&t and back. all the usual suspects ( power commander etc ) but still had me work cut out today in all fairness. so, to answer your original question. sorry, no :lol

CRH

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: 31 May 2012, 10:00:34 pm »
yea?..got  to admit? nowt sounds better than a v ......... ;) .......had a firestorm for a short while? loved it?? but fk did it guzzel :eek

ade the blade

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - xl1000v varadero
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: 31 May 2012, 10:16:57 pm »
yea?..got  to admit? nowt sounds better than a v ......... ;) .......had a firestorm for a short while? loved it?? but fk did it guzzel :eek
the one before this was the sp-2...........jeeeeeeeeeeeeez that was quick. got rid as i need my licence for my job :rollin :rollin :rollin . of course the lump in me vara now is just a detuned firestorm. all the vtr`s are nice ;) . another good twin i had was me tl1000r. lovely sound to that. had scorpions fitted  :lol :lol :lol :lol

CRH

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: 31 May 2012, 10:22:29 pm »
if it hadnt been such a guzzler i may have kept it??.....but saying that?...i was riding it like a twat?...and i think it was just a matter of time?..before..... :z :z :z :z :z :z :z ...permanently.......

CRH

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: 31 May 2012, 10:27:21 pm »
i have in storage though a very nice norton commando 850 interstate!!!! bought it brand new in 1977.....just over £900 on the road!! only done  13000....one day i will ride again ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

ade the blade

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - xl1000v varadero
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: 31 May 2012, 10:31:08 pm »
mmmmmmmmmmm..........i think i still ride too quick for me age now, cos obviously my reactions etc are a tad slower and i do find myself getting caught out from time to time going in too hot on certain bends.......silly old sod  :lol :lol :lol but inside i`m still 17!!!!!!!

ade the blade

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - xl1000v varadero
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: 31 May 2012, 10:34:45 pm »
i have in storage though a very nice norton commando 850 interstate!!!! bought it brand new in 1977.....just over £900 on the road!! only done  13000....one day i will ride again ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)
get it out on the road and ride it...........don`t wait till you reach the ` if only / what if ` stage !!

CRH

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: 31 May 2012, 10:36:10 pm »
yea me to??....think its just experiance that keeps us alive??....plus the fact we know how to fall off ?? :lol :lol

CRH

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: 31 May 2012, 10:39:33 pm »
you know what?...every year i tell meself its time to sort her out?...then something crops up? and its then shelved for another year!!! :\

ade the blade

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - xl1000v varadero
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: 31 May 2012, 10:45:08 pm »
yea me to??....think its just experiance that keeps us alive??....plus the fact we know how to fall off ?? :lol :lol
:rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600,CB400/4,X7,CB250
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: 01 June 2012, 06:36:51 am »

welcome to the club..............

dont worry about the posts not making sense....they dont make sense to us either  :rollin :rollin :rollin ........iam still struggling with my stutter and am 90% sure its a carb problem,if you`ve been reading the thread you will know what ive been doing to try to trace the fault.....ive rebuilt the carbs with some second hand items and this has made no difference also checked the electrics and found nothing wrong.......as your a newbie i can strongly recomend that you get yourself a haynes manual you can find them on ebay.....manual no 3702....
 start a new thread describing the fault and also what you have already tried and we shall try to help  :D   

good luck matey  :) ........let us know how you get on .........

Well, to add my 5 eggs or whatever, I can tell you now, I have just had a whole new set of carbs put in, so that may not be what is causing it.

I do have a haynes manual, however, all of that doesn't make any sense to me either, and I don't have a garage to leave a project half finished, cos I live in London.

I am going to be going to Oval Motorcycle Centre though.

If I find anything, I will let you know.
One, is never going to be enough.....

Skinbeatersam

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Kawasaki ZZR 600
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: 01 June 2012, 08:33:07 am »
My mate suggested that it might be the ignition coils. Has anyone checked this yet??

ade the blade

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - xl1000v varadero
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: 01 June 2012, 09:40:13 am »
mmmmmmmm
« Last Edit: 01 June 2012, 09:45:38 am by ade the blade »

clayt74

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: 01 June 2012, 02:23:05 pm »
try taking it back to the basics, if Ade got his sorted by larger jets (due to K&N filter and poss non stock exhaust) and the fact that Sam has had NEW carbs (which would have standard jets) have either Red or Sam got any form of mod to air filter, air box or can??
it sounds like you both have stutters at higher revs trying for max torque which really sounds like they are leaning out (too much air rather than too little fuel)
only my thoughts, good luck guys

Skinbeatersam

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Kawasaki ZZR 600
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: 02 June 2012, 12:19:18 am »
Mine has just the stock end can, no mods at all . . . . . .

In this video took earlier today, you can see how it doesn't wanna go, UNLESS you rev it above 7k, and even then it's not happy about it (and you get to hear me swear at it lots . . . . . . .)

Earlier on today the throttle was fully open, in first gear, clutch totally engaged, and my speed?? 15MPH!!!! I had lorries overtaking me.  :eek

I WAS HOLDING UP LORRIES!!!!!  :'(

Swearing at your bike when it won't work!!

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: 02 June 2012, 06:44:52 am »
try taking it back to the basics, if Ade got his sorted by larger jets (due to K&N filter and poss non stock exhaust) and the fact that Sam has had NEW carbs (which would have standard jets) have either Red or Sam got any form of mod to air filter, air box or can??
it sounds like you both have stutters at higher revs trying for max torque which really sounds like they are leaning out (too much air rather than too little fuel)
only my thoughts, good luck guys

clayt74.....this has been in the back of my mind since day one....the only non standard part on my bike is the AIR FILTER,changed just before the stutter started...cheap pattern one but it did look like standard,i cant understand why it would make so much difference but there was a chap on here who had the same fault,he put the origanal filter back in and solved the problem  ;)

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: 02 June 2012, 06:50:05 am »
Mine has just the stock end can, no mods at all . . . . . .

In this video took earlier today, you can see how it doesn't wanna go, UNLESS you rev it above 7k, and even then it's not happy about it (and you get to hear me swear at it lots . . . . . . .)

Earlier on today the throttle was fully open, in first gear, clutch totally engaged, and my speed?? 15MPH!!!! I had lorries overtaking me.  :eek 

good video SBS.....fully understand you swearing .....i did that at one point,made me feel better but didnt cure the problem  :\ :\ .......your stutter is worse than mine and iam certain yours is a carb problem....if you had new carbs fitted at a garage, if i was you i would take it back,any deacent garage would`nt have returned the bike to you in that condition  :eek

I WAS HOLDING UP LORRIES!!!!!  :'(

Swearing at your bike when it won't work!!

Dead Eye

• GP Hero
  • What doesn't kill me, will only make me stronger.
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: 02 June 2012, 11:25:22 am »

welcome to the club..............

dont worry about the posts not making sense....they dont make sense to us either  :rollin :rollin :rollin ........iam still struggling with my stutter and am 90% sure its a carb problem,if you`ve been reading the thread you will know what ive been doing to try to trace the fault.....ive rebuilt the carbs with some second hand items and this has made no difference also checked the electrics and found nothing wrong.......as your a newbie i can strongly recomend that you get yourself a haynes manual you can find them on ebay.....manual no 3702....
 start a new thread describing the fault and also what you have already tried and we shall try to help  :D   

Well, to add my 5 eggs or whatever, I can tell you now, I have just had a whole new set of carbs put in, so that may not be what is causing it.

I do have a haynes manual, however, all of that doesn't make any sense to me either, and I don't have a garage to leave a project half finished, cos I live in London.

I am going to be going to Oval Motorcycle Centre though.

If I find anything, I will let you know.

If its had new carbs its time to look at the air and fuel mixture. As someone has suggested before (I have no idea which thread :P), take the bike out for a spin for 5 mins or so to get the engine warmed up then get back home and little it idle for about another 5 mins. Wait until its cooled down a bit and then remove one of the spark plugs. If its sooty then it may be over fuelling. If this is the case, check the air filter. You'll need to remove the tank and the air filter box is just infront of the battery.

This shouldn't take too long and is easily done with some basic tools plus you don't have to pay labour to the garage ;)
« Last Edit: 02 June 2012, 07:48:02 pm by Dead Eye »

Skinbeatersam

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Kawasaki ZZR 600
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: 02 June 2012, 05:33:02 pm »
I have taken it back to the garage, and they are fixing it free of charge, but it seems to be a recurring problem.

I am looking for a different one now . . . . Shame cos I loved that Fazer . . . .

CRH

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #270 on: 02 June 2012, 11:09:45 pm »
ade!!,have you heard owt off red?? not been on today?....got some info for him off road race mech!! bt the sttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttter?? :rolleyes ...trouble is going to have to ring him?? else ile be typing f,evermore on here??.....then if it gets sorted he can share it on forum??? ;)

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: 03 June 2012, 08:50:11 am »
I have taken it back to the garage, and they are fixing it free of charge, but it seems to be a recurring problem.

I am looking for a different one now . . . . Shame cos I loved that Fazer . . . .

good news sbs........let us know the outcome  :) :)

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: 03 June 2012, 08:54:36 am »
ade!!,have you heard owt off red?? not been on today?....got some info for him off road race mech!! bt the sttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttter?? :rolleyes ...trouble is going to have to ring him?? else ile be typing f,evermore on here??.....then if it gets sorted he can share it on forum??? ;)

morning crh..............awwwwwwww iam all excited now....welcome to ring me or pm if thats any easier....what ever the outcome will post  on here as might help others  :D

ade the blade

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - xl1000v varadero
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: 03 June 2012, 09:51:48 am »

morning crh..............awwwwwwww iam all excited now....welcome to ring me or pm if thats any easier....what ever the outcome will post  on here as might help others  :D
be rude not to ya little tart consideringi told the world and his dog what the fix for the bosses bike was. :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

marksfazer

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: 03 June 2012, 09:59:56 am »
I'm sure this has been probably covered, but can't be bothered to look through 11 pages, is your fuel tank rusty inside? Sucking bits of crap into the carbs?