Date: 28-03-24  Time: 16:26 pm

Author Topic: stuttering fzs 600  (Read 257981 times)

ade the blade

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - xl1000v varadero
    • View Profile
Re: stuttering fzs 600
« Reply #225 on: 29 May 2012, 10:03:54 pm »
dont trust him ade  :eek ...........wheels look splendid  :D
thank you my friend...........many many many hours of graft went into them. thats one reason i was glad to see the bike again. :) dont worry, i`m streetwise me ! hey, spot of bad luck with the puncture. all these things are sent to test us mate ;)
« Last Edit: 29 May 2012, 10:06:39 pm by ade the blade »

CRH

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: 29 May 2012, 10:09:26 pm »
thanks!!...and i thought ...blood!!..was thicker than water?? :( .....how wrong was i?. :\ :\ :\ :\ :\ :\ :\ :\

CRH

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: 30 May 2012, 08:35:14 am »
red!,...i never travel anywhere without a tin of quick fix tyre rep!!...i use wynns only £4.00 tin...saves the old pins!!...also use a tyre plugger kit!!....fixed car tyres with that as well?.....and they will fitt under your seat???????? ;) ..

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600,CB400/4,X7,CB250
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: 30 May 2012, 06:21:37 pm »
red!,...i never travel anywhere without a tin of quick fix tyre rep!!...i use wynns only £4.00 tin...saves the old pins!!...also use a tyre plugger kit!!....fixed car tyres with that as well?.....and they will fitt under your seat???????? ;) ..

yes good idea....might invest in a tin for the thou.......tyres need replacing anyway so better now than any other time  :) ....had i been further away form home it would of been a right pain,at least getting a puncture at work i had somewhere secure to leave it overnight  ;)
One, is never going to be enough.....

CRH

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: 30 May 2012, 06:28:35 pm »
red? going to ask ron haslam about your prob with fazer?...if he dont have a idea ?...no fkr will?...if hes about either tomorro or friday!!!...ive known him for years?....he only lives round corner from me??..... ;)

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: 30 May 2012, 08:16:43 pm »
wow....top man....thats got to add value to my bike...tell him i`ll buy him a magners  :D

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: 30 May 2012, 08:20:58 pm »
took my trailer to work today and bought the bike home,need to order two new tyres but looks like the bank holiday weekend will slow delivery  :\ ..........if anyone needs their bike moved,iam happy to help with cost of fuel and a little bit for my time....iam in the south bucks area  :)

CRH

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: 30 May 2012, 08:35:20 pm »
you got a thou havnt u?? been offered a 51plt solen recovered!!....needs front wheel plus discs, fairing, tank and seat??? oh and locks cus no keys?? :rolleyes ....what u think its worth??

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: 30 May 2012, 08:53:16 pm »
yes,had it a couple of weeks now...54 plate,just over 20,000 miles paid £2200 for it private sale and was advertised for £2800...lots of hard haggling and got myself a bargain...theres a piccie of it in the thou corner...........how many miles on the stolen bike ? is it a private sale ?.....add up the cost of replacement parts before you put in an offer and add a little on top because its bound to need a few other bits....also check the log book to see if its been recorded as cat c or d (insurance write off ) as this will affect the price,are you able to start and ride the bike without the keys ?.....if your not sure how to just ask the local toerags they will get it going in a jiffy  :rolleyes ....could be a good buy.........oh one final thing....go in low as you can always go up but not down  ;) 

CRH

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: 30 May 2012, 09:04:18 pm »
ok?...high on miles..56,000...full service history tho??..private sale, not recorded!!...still got tax /mot...not sure what mot? but 5months tax!!..like a rusty red colour,  ...cant start it?, so cant here it running??...old bloke got it,66? ...offered it me for.....£750.00

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: 30 May 2012, 09:20:24 pm »
mmmmmmmmmmmm.......£750 sounds good starting point  :rolleyes ...shame you cant start it but another haggling tool,dont know a great deal about thou engines but i have see lots of high milers.so would`nt worry about that....old bloke got it,another good point in my book,only used it once a week to collect pension from post office and fsh....i would go for that , parhaps start dealings at £500 .... :D

CRH

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: 30 May 2012, 09:28:48 pm »
you recon??...ile try him tomorrow ,...he did say if".i was to give him what he was asking? he would throw in all his touring luggage??? plus a 2 month old ...nolan full face!!!...

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: 31 May 2012, 06:27:50 am »
at £750 that does sound like a good deal,hard to tell without seeing the bike...always worth a polite low offer to start as you can always increase it.....luggage would be handy but not a fan of secondhead helmets .......good luck and let us know how you get on  :)

CRH

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: 31 May 2012, 03:55:46 pm »
red. went to have a closer look at that thou?....its in decent nick!!...and only bit of damage i can find is wiring ripped out of ignition?...right fkn mess they made!!...(he never mentioned that ?)....to me it looks like hes had someone have a go at hot wiring it??..because he told me that when it was nicked he,d left keys in?>>and thats why insurance wouldnt pay him out?????? hes had it from new and paid cash for it!!..seen reciept??....chkd over docs?..everthing ok there?....ive made him a offer of....£ 575.00...and he,s going to lett me know in morning?...i recon using second hand parts, i  could poss fix it up for around...£350>>400....what you think??.... oh he showed me all reciepts etc to it, and totaled cums to over £1550...over last 10yr......he was going to sell it before he got it nicked cus he got arthritis and couldnt handle it any more!!...and was asking £2200....

ade the blade

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - xl1000v varadero
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: 31 May 2012, 05:14:40 pm »
confused now....................if he left keys in bike, why did the scum trash the ignition etc? :wall

CRH

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #240 on: 31 May 2012, 06:19:01 pm »
hi, ade....no when the old guy got it back?...there where no keys?...and i think either the old fella himself tryed t hotwire it? or someone tryed to do it for him??....that"..to be quite honest is the gamble ime taking buying it :rolleyes .....it could be fkd as far as i know??...but he seems a good old fella and assures me it ......DID..?...run spot on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!......i suppose if i do get it for that money ...as is?....then i could make more out of it breaking it...if it should go tits up?????????? :\ .....what i havnt costed out though? is the price of a new lock set? :eek ....and we know what they cost dont we?? :\

Skinbeatersam

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Kawasaki ZZR 600
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: 31 May 2012, 09:02:36 pm »
Hi Guys,

I ALSO have a stuttering Fazer. I have been reading these threads, and to be honest, as a newbie biker, they don't make any sense to me cos I don't know what most of the things actually are.

Has anyone worked out why this is happening yet??
Mine has been in and out of the garage over the past 7 months with this problem, has had new air inlets, new seals, new rubber tube bits, and now, a new carb. STILL, bloody stutters, and I am running out of money.

I am tempted to sell, scrap etc etc cos I am at my wits end with this. It hasn't been a reliable bike and with only 26,000 on the clock I am incredibly disappointed.

Any advice (in basic newbie language) would be greatly appreciated. . . .

CRH

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: 31 May 2012, 09:06:06 pm »
red!!!! quick?....you now have a triplet?? :eek .......he,l be along shortly mate!! ;) .....

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: 31 May 2012, 09:22:51 pm »
Hi Guys,

I ALSO have a stuttering Fazer. I have been reading these threads, and to be honest, as a newbie biker, they don't make any sense to me cos I don't know what most of the things actually are.

Mine has been in and out of the garage over the past 7 months with this problem, has had new air inlets, new seals, new rubber tube bits, and now, a new carb. STILL, bloody stutters, and I am running out of money.

I am tempted to sell, scrap etc etc cos I am at my wits end with this. It hasn't been a reliable bike and with only 26,000 on the clock I am incredibly disappointed.

welcome to the club..............

dont worry about the posts not making sense....they dont make sense to us either  :rollin :rollin :rollin ........iam still struggling with my stutter and am 90% sure its a carb problem,if you`ve been reading the thread you will know what ive been doing to try to trace the fault.....ive rebuilt the carbs with some second hand items and this has made no difference also checked the electrics and found nothing wrong.......as your a newbie i can strongly recomend that you get yourself a haynes manual you can find them on ebay.....manual no 3702....
 start a new thread describing the fault and also what you have already tried and we shall try to help  :D   

ade the blade

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - xl1000v varadero
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: 31 May 2012, 09:28:12 pm »
Hi Guys,

dont worry about the posts not making sense....they dont make sense to us either  :rollin :rollin :rollin ........iam still struggling with my stutter and am 90% sure its a carb problem,if you`ve been reading the thread you will know what ive been doing to try to trace the fault.....ive rebuilt the carbs with some second hand items and this has made no difference also checked the electrics and found nothing wrong.......as your a newbie i can strongly recomend that you get yourself a haynes manual you can find them on ebay.....manual no 3702....
 start a new thread describing the fault and also what you have already tried and we shall try to help  :D
:rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: 31 May 2012, 09:29:32 pm »
red. went to have a closer look at that thou?....its in decent nick!!...and only bit of damage i can find is wiring ripped out of ignition?...right fkn mess they made!!...(he never mentioned that ?)....to me it looks like hes had someone have a go at hot wiring it??..because he told me that when it was nicked he,d left keys in?>>and thats why insurance wouldnt pay him out?????? hes had it from new and paid cash for it!!..seen reciept??....chkd over docs?..everthing ok there?....ive made him a offer of....£ 575.00...and he,s going to lett me know in morning?...i recon using second hand parts, i  could poss fix it up for around...£350>>400....what you think??.... oh he showed me all reciepts etc to it, and totaled cums to over £1550...over last 10yr......he was going to sell it before he got it nicked cus he got arthritis and couldnt handle it any more!!...and was asking £2200....

i think your a little low with your estimate of £350/450....i would put another £100 on that,hard to tell without seeing the bike though....if hes thinking about your offer your not far away from what he wants and iam thinking this is still a good buy.......but...............the only thing we dont know is if the toerags who stole it have done any enging damage .........see what he says when he gets back to you and dont forget to let us know  ;)

Skinbeatersam

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Kawasaki ZZR 600
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: 31 May 2012, 09:31:37 pm »

Well, to add my 5 eggs or whatever, I can tell you now, I have just had a whole new set of carbs put in, so that may not be what is causing it.

I do have a haynes manual, however, all of that doesn't make any sense to me either, and I don't have a garage to leave a project half finished, cos I live in London.

I am going to be going to Oval Motorcycle Centre though.

If I find anything, I will let you know.

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: 31 May 2012, 09:32:57 pm »
Hi Guys,

:rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin

yes i said WE ade  ;) .....remember the bikers code  :D

CRH

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: 31 May 2012, 09:40:36 pm »
now,now, girls?? :rolleyes ..........yes red thats whats bothering me?....he can poss vouch for motor before it went but what bt now?? :\ ..with not knowing how long it had been gone? and how theyd ragged it etc?????  :\ :\ :\ :\ :\ :\ :\ :\ :\ ..

ade the blade

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - xl1000v varadero
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: 31 May 2012, 09:41:53 pm »
 :rolleyes .............mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm oh, go on then :lol . went out today with the boss today for a bit of a break from the workshop and bugger me, i really had to work me vara to keep up with her. those jets have definitely done some good :evil . why does everyone suddenly need new chains and sprockets all of a sudden? :)