Date: 26-04-24  Time: 08:16 am

Author Topic: Is an LED flasher relay unit on a Gen 1 required?  (Read 3003 times)

CharlieDee

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
Is an LED flasher relay unit on a Gen 1 required?
« on: 22 May 2014, 09:52:20 pm »
Evening Foccers...

Looking at putting LED flashers on my gen 1... will i need to get a new flasher relay thats compatible with these? ta very muchio...  :smokin
I am the Nightrider. I'm a fuel injected suicide machine. I am the rocker, I am the roller, I am the out-of-controller!

FuZzBoM

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Re: Is an LED flasher relay unit on a Gen 1 required?
« Reply #1 on: 22 May 2014, 11:50:40 pm »
Yes you will unless you fit in line resistors to make the current draw up to the same. They will either flash very rapid of just stay on.

I think I ordered this one from memory when I fitted my LED indicators.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LED-BLOCK-OEM-MOTORCYCLE-INDICATOR-FLASHER-RELAY-YAMAHA-WRELED03-/221324837649?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item3387fd0311

by the way some of the cheap LED indicator kits are crap.. really dim and can hardly see them. I went with the genuine Yamaha ones
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-GENUINE-YAMAHA-BLACK-LED-INDICATORS-FLASHERS-R1-R6-FZ1-MT-09-YMEW07890000-/380908124352?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts_13&hash=item58afe4b8c0

that way I knew they would work well. expensive but they are good.
Should be safe with Oxford and the like though.
Lord,
Grant me the WD-40 to move those things that are stuck, the Duck tape to fasten those things that are loose, And the wisdom to know the difference.
Amen

keithfzs1000

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 23 May 2014, 08:30:32 am »
mine aint dim and cost 15 quid lol our lasses on the kwak aint dim ad cost 12 quid you sure you not on commission from yamaha lol  ;) ;) ;)
"Dont confuse my personality with my attitude My personality is who I am. My attitude depends on who you are..."

FuZzBoM

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 23 May 2014, 02:12:05 pm »
I did say 'some'.. For me it was just peace of mind they they are CE approved and the correct colour etc. for Mr Plod and MOT man not bothering me.
Also they do look very cool and suit the Gen 1 well I think. But then I am sucker for buying OEM where possible.

Lord,
Grant me the WD-40 to move those things that are stuck, the Duck tape to fasten those things that are loose, And the wisdom to know the difference.
Amen

CharlieDee

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 24 May 2014, 08:02:25 am »
I did say 'some'.. For me it was just peace of mind they they are CE approved and the correct colour etc. for Mr Plod and MOT man not bothering me.
Also they do look very cool and suit the Gen 1 well I think. But then I am sucker for buying OEM where possible.

Cheers FuZzBoM much appreciated!! Could you bang a piccy up of your gen 1 with a close up of the flashers so I can see what they look like??  :lol :smokin
I am the Nightrider. I'm a fuel injected suicide machine. I am the rocker, I am the roller, I am the out-of-controller!

Super_Monkey

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Harley Chop built by me
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 24 May 2014, 08:33:33 am »
Strange one this, as on my last fazer 1000 I had to buy a LED flasher relay to sort out quick blinking, I did the same with the the new Fazer I bought as a precaution - I hooked up the new LEDs before the relay arrived and turns out that I didn't need it?
I like bikes....ALOT!!

keithfzs1000

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 24 May 2014, 08:38:19 am »
might already had one and the previous took off the led indis and sold them or put them on his next bike leaving you with the relay and the oem indis on
"Dont confuse my personality with my attitude My personality is who I am. My attitude depends on who you are..."

FuZzBoM

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 24 May 2014, 10:22:35 am »
please ignore the state of my garage that is today's mission lol.

Lord,
Amen

CharlieDee

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 24 May 2014, 01:21:34 pm »
please ignore the state of my garage that is today's mission lol.

They look wicked!! looks like im making a purchase this arvo!! Cheers for the advice FuZzBoM!!  :smokin

Krezi

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 24 May 2014, 06:31:01 pm »
those look great. I've been about changing mine as well. Fazer 1000 looks modern even by today's standards apart from the indicators! those are straight swap? No fairing cutting needed etc

Cheers
Paul

FuZzBoM

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 25 May 2014, 09:46:32 am »
No fairing cutting but you will need adapter plates to fill the hole up a little.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/YAMAHA-MOTORCYCLE-INDICATOR-SPACERS-FIT-YZF600-YZF-R6-FZ600-FZ1000-YZF-R1-Y01-/321210124629?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item4ac99d8955

You do get in the indicator kit from Yam resistors and some adapter plates, but the supplied ones are too small for the Gen1.
Lord,
Amen