Date: 01-05-24  Time: 05:11 am

Author Topic: which jet kit or fzs 600 fazer 2000  (Read 1381 times)

davidh

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • - 2001 black FZS 6OO JUST BOUGH
    • View Profile
which jet kit or fzs 600 fazer 2000
« on: 25 June 2020, 05:32:04 am »
Hi . I have a bit of a problem with her . She pops farts and stutters below around 4 thou . Trying this stuff you put in the tank . Going out this morning with a rev ceiling of 4 thou . As i think the pilot jets are dirty so will keep it under 4 as this is where the pilot jet works I THINK ??? Not sure if fuel is past through the jet at higher rpm ??? Looks more likely carb strip . SO while they are to bits would be a good time to fit a jet kit as i have KN in stock air box and an open pipe Scorpian full stainless system with baffles out so would think running quiet weak ??? .
Not sure which way to go Dynojet OR ivans the later cant find UK supplier . Anyone know who sells ivans jet kits ???? dynojet plenty available .Or are there other alternatives  to these . Also will fit stainless allen screws . Get my stainless from a local guy STIG at Darlington who is  very reasonable .
Any help/info appreciated .

Gnasher

• Foc-u Brake Doctor
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - ZX10R, XJR1300, X10, GSF1000GT
    • View Profile
Re: which jet kit or fzs 600 fazer 2000
« Reply #1 on: 25 June 2020, 08:27:16 am »
Hi . I have a bit of a problem with her . She pops farts and stutters below around 4 thou . Trying this stuff you put in the tank . Going out this morning with a rev ceiling of 4 thou . As i think the pilot jets are dirty so will keep it under 4 as this is where the pilot jet works I THINK ??? Not sure if fuel is past through the jet at higher rpm ??? Looks more likely carb strip . SO while they are to bits would be a good time to fit a jet kit as i have KN in stock air box and an open pipe Scorpian full stainless system with baffles out so would think running quiet weak ??? .
Not sure which way to go Dynojet OR ivans the later cant find UK supplier . Anyone know who sells ivans jet kits ???? dynojet plenty available .Or are there other alternatives  to these . Also will fit stainless allen screws . Get my stainless from a local guy STIG at Darlington who is  very reasonable .
Any help/info appreciated .

This is an old , old, old one.  ;) There is no jet kit for the UK spec Fazer, yes they're advertised but you don't need them, they're are for countries with lower (at the time) emission standards.  You can fit a K&N and an end can without rejetting, the bike runs a little rich as standard :)   and doing so will clean up the low/mid range throttle response All aftermarket downtubes are slightly flowing than stock and also don't require any jetting, that's said I've not got any experience with Scorpian, but I'd be amazed if they did.   

Providing the bike was running fine with no other fuelling/running issues before this?  Your issue of no power above 4k is not the pilot circuit, what you're describing is a symptom of jammed open enricher circuit (choke) plungers.  It's common for one or all to stick, there's a large amount of freeplay in the operating linkage which allows the plunger to stay open even though you've shut off the choke lever.  It only take one to stick open and you'll a drastic loss of power above 4k ish. 

There're other possible reasons but this is the mostly and simple to check and fix.  ;)         
Later

BBROWN1664

• Administrator
  • GP Hero
  • Should get out more!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tracer 900
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #2 on: 25 June 2020, 08:32:46 am »
:agree

The FZS600 just needs standard jets all the time. Not going above 4K could be carbs or coils. I would start with the carbs as directed by Gnasher
Another ex-Fazer rider that is a foccer again

davidh

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 25 June 2020, 08:41:54 am »
Cheers .it has nowt BELOW 4 k . i have been running it on Profi fuel-max additive FOR OVER 300 miles . Went out this morning for a couple of hours didnt go above  3k as i think the pilot jet works to around 3/4k ?? Seems slightly better . But still has a fluff when you hold it at 3k . Maybe a good strip and clean will do the job . Cheers for the helpful info . I thought the fzs ran on the weak side that is why i was going to rejet . If they run rich as you say should be ok .I have a Zaddoz exhaust sounds cracking but took it off as i thought it was suited to the bike flat below 3k but the Scorpian isnt any better . So after clean out will put it back on .

Gnasher

• Foc-u Brake Doctor
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 25 June 2020, 11:00:17 am »
Cheers .it has nowt BELOW 4 k . i have been running it on Profi fuel-max additive FOR OVER 300 miles . Went out this morning for a couple of hours didnt go above  3k as i think the pilot jet works to around 3/4k ?? Seems slightly better . But still has a fluff when you hold it at 3k . Maybe a good strip and clean will do the job . Cheers for the helpful info . I thought the fzs ran on the weak side that is why i was going to rejet . If they run rich as you say should be ok .I have a Zaddoz exhaust sounds cracking but took it off as i thought it was suited to the bike flat below 3k but the Scorpian isnt any better . So after clean out will put it back on .

Mate your original statement was
Going out this morning with a rev ceiling of 4 thou.

Your latest info is reverse, in which case yes this will more than likely be the pilot jets.  :)  I've never heard of Zaddoz, most cans work very well, one of the best IMHO is Quill.   
Later

bald_pig

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 25 June 2020, 12:51:47 pm »

Your latest info is reverse, in which case yes this will more than likely be the pilot jets.  :)  I've never heard of Zaddoz, most cans work very well, one of the best IMHO is Quill.

It's badly written, but it runs crap under 4k, and he's gone for a ride keeping the revs under 4k to force the additive through the pilot jets.

OP, I wouldn't bother with additives myself, it may even contribute to the running issues. strip and clean the carbs and jets with carb cleaner, and go for a ride with fresh fuel, without adding your own additives.

Gnasher

• Foc-u Brake Doctor
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 25 June 2020, 01:56:00 pm »
he's gone for a ride keeping the revs under 4k to force the additive through the pilot jets.

If the pilot/s are blocked, no additive alone is going to clear them, that I know of.

OP, I wouldn't bother with additives myself, it may even contribute to the running issues. strip and clean the carbs and jets with carb cleaner, and go for a ride with fresh fuel, without adding your own additives.

Yep that's the way to do it ;)
Later

davidh

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 26 June 2020, 04:49:22 am »
I have got a set of stainless screw for the carbs off Stig fastners at darlington £3 for 32 stainless screws and washer's good value . Should have the gaskets and new filter tomorrow . I am going up my mates garage Tuesday . I will remove the carbs .And he will clean and rebuild them . trying another additive over the w/e to see if it will clear the problem . Anything to try to save work lol. Any way i will not be posting anymore as my grammer isnt good enough for some folks on here . To me it's a bike forum not an English lesson . Maybe in some cases BADLY READ . I am afraid i was not top of the class for English lol. 2 posts and pulled up both times gives me no confidence posting more of a complex .
So cheers for the info everyone

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 26 June 2020, 08:46:16 am »

Well yeah taken on it's own that would imply something else but for some reason only known to yourself Gnasher, you've chosen to leave out the bit that immediately followed it...
As i think the pilot jets are dirty so will keep it under 4 as this is where the pilot jet works I THINK ???

I've had this issue too and a fuel additive did nowt for me either. Ultrasonic carb cleaning did the trick :thumbup

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 26 June 2020, 08:49:37 am »
Messed up the quotes there :rolleyes ,  but it should be fairly obvious which bits are mine.

ogri48

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - XJR1300 , evo fatty
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 29 June 2020, 10:56:27 am »
hope you get it sorted feller