Date: 01-05-24  Time: 19:03 pm

Author Topic: I might be back  (Read 2475 times)

jackojet

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - 2015 R1 and 2015 speed triple
    • View Profile
I might be back
« on: 06 September 2015, 04:32:52 am »
Hi Guys

It's been a few years since I came here!

I sold my more perfect than yamaha made gen 1 fazer thou 05 plate,  ivanised,  acra full system bike in 2012

I went to triumph speed triple 1050. 2011 and like a daft fool didn't keep the fazer(told you so springs to mind)

Anyway great bike the trumpet was apart from shocking gearbox and heavy clutch.  :(

I then had the hotrod triumph thunderbird storm 1700 with 8ball paint lucifers ride,  amazing kit but too big to get round back of me house.

I traded in for 2015 speed triple r with all the ohlins,  arrows etc,  sweet gearbox and a sound like a Lancaster bomber!

I now also own well on PCP a new R12015. :D

The reason I'm here is I want a project to please my missus,  as she wants the fazer back, she loved that bike,  and more comfy on that than the thunderbird. 

Is there any good ones still left that get sold on?  Looking for 02-06 gen 1. Can't be many that the great Mike ain't ivanised! I saw an 04 for sale at a dealer for 3500 quid but it had crap headers and doubt the exup had ever been serviced.

Just be nice to get some pointers on prices for one in reasonable condition,  miles not a problem as long as full service history.

Anyway hope everyone is well and getting some riding done.  Thought I'd say hello in here again first.

Cheers to all fazerish peeps :)

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
  • FOC-U official topiary expert
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Re: I might be back
« Reply #1 on: 06 September 2015, 11:00:59 am »
Hello, and (maybe) welcome back.
Got mine at a dealer in Gloucester for just over £3k, which I guess is a bit over what they should go for, but it was a truly immaculate bike, local-ish to me, less than 20k miles, full service history etc. So I bit the bullet and went for it. Not had any problems, and is now wearing all the must-haves  :D (It wasn't Ivanised).

SEPTIKANGEL on here got one with 5k miles recently  :eek  and paid less than me (private sale). Think he had to do a little fettling, but nothing serious. Mine an 05 plate, think his is the same. So yes, there are still some good, low mileage bikes out there, wait for the right one. I've had 5 of these now, and none of them were Ivanised when I bought them. Mike needs to pull his finger out!  :lol

Stupid Luke

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - KTM Superduke R
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 06 September 2015, 09:07:08 pm »
I bought a one owner from new 5000 miles 04 (black engine model) for 2.5k in March 2014. Nice to have a totally std mint buke but I am not sure that is the way to go I have since spent:

300 quid Ivanise(Full Monty)
300 quid end can
250 quid on tyres
200 quid fork rebuild
300 rear shock replacement (Nitron)

Those are the essentials, and it still needs braided hoses and probably some better brake pads.

Non essentials

Hot grips
Renthal bars
Pazzo levers
R&G bar ends
R1 forks (not fitted yet)
Givi top box and rack

So my 2.5k bike stands me over 4.5k and likely over 5k before it is finished. It is worth, at best 3.5k and a bit from the saleable parts. I wont get my money back, for sure. Lucky I am keeping it but if you arent planning to, try to buy one that someone has already done the bulk of the work on.

jackojet

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 08 September 2015, 06:02:46 am »
Think I will start looking come the winter and find a good one! After owning mine for 8yrs at least I know what to look for.  Saw a silver one on an 03 at CMC at water orton,  headers focked,  fairly tidy but £3600, don't think so!

Well at least all the old protagonists are still here! Lol

Ivans kit Sir Mike,  R6 Shock Devilsyam,  plus a heap of knowledge and my local mate Karlo will be around sure to help me find one.

Thanks for the replies guys :)

tex

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - tdr 250
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 08 September 2015, 05:20:21 pm »
Looks like ones come up, Bristol banger is selling his!
the night i was born, lord the moon stood a fire red., my poor mother her crying,
she said the gypsy was right, and she fell right dead

jackojet

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 09 September 2015, 05:35:43 am »
Shame need to wait till winter mate,  but thanks Tex

karlo

• WSB Pack Hound
  • By Fazer I Fly!
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Swadlincote, S.Derbys
    • View Profile
    • UK Bikers
« Reply #6 on: 09 September 2015, 07:12:57 pm »
Think I will start looking come the winter and find a good one! After owning mine for 8yrs at least I know what to look for.  Saw a silver one on an 03 at CMC at water orton,  headers focked,  fairly tidy but £3600, don't think so!

Well at least all the old protagonists are still here! Lol

Ivans kit Sir Mike,  R6 Shock Devilsyam,  plus a heap of knowledge and my local mate Karlo will be around sure to help me find one.

Thanks for the replies guys :)

I'm always around somewhere.

hotmetal

• Weekend Warrior
  • Set Fazer to stun
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 16 September 2015, 08:00:31 am »
Ah Jackojet long time no hear. Shame I just sold my 54 plate for a shade over 2k. Dealers seem to not want to take them, but flog them for more than they're worth. I've got a Street Triple r now - small bike big fun.
__
There's no replacement for displacement