Date: 28-03-24  Time: 09:37 am

Author Topic: Old FZ1 nearly a goner  (Read 1195 times)

lew600fazer

• GP Hero
  • There is only one form of racing, road racing.
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - 2017 MT-09 Tracer ABS
    • View Profile
Old FZ1 nearly a goner
« on: 08 September 2016, 04:04:26 pm »
Anyone been reading about or watching the fires that have been going on in Spain? This lot has been going on for nearly a week now. Anyway the lad I sold my old FZ1 to was evacuated from his home and they thought they had lost the lot bike included. Just had a post from him on FB thankfully his home is safe and better still the FZ1 is undamaged Phew close call though. Fires were started by a couple of gobshites for fun. Police have lifted them and knowing the Gaurdia Civil they will be none to gentle on how they handle these wee bastards. Over 100 homes have been lost and the landscape has been devastated.
MT-09 Tracer for those who no longer can handle a BIG boy Fazer

BBROWN1664

• Administrator
  • GP Hero
  • Should get out more!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tracer 900
    • View Profile
    • My website
Re: Old FZ1 nearly a goner
« Reply #1 on: 08 September 2016, 04:29:32 pm »
My mum used to have a half share in a villa in Rafalet. Wonder if that's still there.
Another ex-Fazer rider that is a foccer again

lew600fazer

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 08 September 2016, 06:21:54 pm »
My mum used to have a half share in a villa in Rafalet. Wonder if that's still there.
Just hit the old google maps to see were Rafalet was, good chance it is fecked mate  It is not so far  from Pinosol and that lot has been well toasted. I used to play bowls at the INN ON THE GREEN and that whole area is badly affected also. Wee bastards were being paid to do it as it turns out. There is a law in Spain that land that has been damaged by forest fires can be then deemed to be considered for housing development. As you can imagine that all the prime sites will have been well built on by now, so there is a shortage of prime sites. So let's go and burn down a forest or two, ah!!!!! look at that now we have hundreds of acres of prime building land.

maddog04

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Pan ST1300
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 09 September 2016, 10:56:36 am »
hope they chuck the book at them, arson with intent (to endanger life) if lucky.....would see them go down for a good stretch
fire never sleeps

BBROWN1664

• Administrator
  • GP Hero
  • Should get out more!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tracer 900
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #4 on: 09 September 2016, 11:01:01 am »
Just hit the old google maps to see were Rafalet was, good chance it is fecked mate  It is not so far  from Pinosol and that lot has been well toasted. I used to play bowls at the INN ON THE GREEN and that whole area is badly affected also. Wee bastards were being paid to do it as it turns out. There is a law in Spain that land that has been damaged by forest fires can be then deemed to be considered for housing development. As you can imagine that all the prime sites will have been well built on by now, so there is a shortage of prime sites. So let's go and burn down a forest or two, ah!!!!! look at that now we have hundreds of acres of prime building land.

If she ever speaks to me again I will have to ask her if her friends still owned it.

lew600fazer

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 09 September 2016, 10:49:06 pm »
If my mum speaks to me anytime soon it will mean I have crossed the bar.
BBrown 1664, life is to shirt, if there is a rift with yer mam do your best to sort it. I lost me Dad when I was 18 and me mam when I was in my early 40's. There again just tell me to feck off and mind my own!!!!!!

BBROWN1664

• Administrator
  • GP Hero
  • Should get out more!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tracer 900
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #6 on: 10 September 2016, 03:49:32 pm »
:agree Lew

The problem with her is her problem. For years she hasn't spoken to my brother. Last year his daughter was diagnosed with a serious and life shortening illness. My mum was told about it and a year on she still hasn't contacted my brother. As a result, I have not spoken to her for a year. Her loss, not mine.