Date: 17-05-24  Time: 23:28 pm

Author Topic: Hi from Newbury  (Read 1385 times)

Mowjoe

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      Fazer8
    • View Profile
Hi from Newbury
« on: 15 November 2013, 08:01:47 am »
Greetings Peeps

Just traded my 09 Street triple for a 1year old beautiful  black Fazer8. I don't normally ride in winter so only been out on it for a 40 mile spin and now the gritter truck has been out! Quite impressed so far, the build quality is certainly good and the ride more comfortable due to softer suspension and more upright position. I have cranked the rear shock pre load up 2 clicks to 7th notch having read about the soft rear and I must say this feels fine. Intend to do some European touring next year so the Striple had to go, great bike though and missing it's engine already!

Mowjoe

farmer giles

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZ8 11-
    • View Profile
Re: Hi from Newbury
« Reply #1 on: 15 November 2013, 02:39:13 pm »
Hi.

Im new here and also from Newbury..

I was considering buying a street triple before I bought my FZ8. Decided I just could not live with the awful looks of the rear end of the triumph and the Yamaha was newer, cost less to buy and insure and looked 100 times better IMO.

I posted a thread in the FZ8 section about the mods I've already made to mine. It's the first 'naked' style bike I've bought after years of riding Kawasaki sports bikes and so far I'm lovin' it..

Also some good advice on here even though it seems FZ8 owners are a bit thin on the ground.. 
« Last Edit: 15 November 2013, 02:40:07 pm by farmer giles »

Mowjoe

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      Fazer8
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 15 November 2013, 06:14:34 pm »
Just fitted the Optimate lead and parked up in garage. If they keep gritting i'm defo note taking her out! I also had reservations about the Street Triple looks but they look better with different silencers. The Fazer8 silencer is the only thing I don't like so will replace that next spring but other than that a cracking looker!

Loz

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - 918 Blade
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 15 November 2013, 06:44:16 pm »
Hi both of you, i dont have an 8 but Hi anyway  :lol  not too far from you in Poole, maybe in the spring we can organise a meet in the south  :)

Mowjoe

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      Fazer8
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 15 November 2013, 08:32:47 pm »
Hi Loz

I spend time riding routes west of Newbury and around Salisbury plain so Poole sounds like a good excuse  to get out!!  :) [size=78%] [/size]

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
  • FOC-U official topiary expert
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 15 November 2013, 09:08:47 pm »
Newbury is not far from me (Carterton, Oxon). Must get together for a ride out sometime. Salisbury Plain easy for me. My own hunting ground has tended to be more north and west since moving here, but a south coast run sounds appealing.... :)

farmer giles

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZ8 11-
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 15 November 2013, 10:04:02 pm »
Just fitted the Optimate lead and parked up in garage. If they keep gritting i'm defo note taking her out! I also had reservations about the Street Triple looks but they look better with different silencers. The Fazer8 silencer is the only thing I don't like so will replace that next spring but other than that a cracking looker!

An optimate it also on my list..  maybe Father Christmas will bring me one, along with some new levers and a seat cowl... 

The only nice exhaust on the street is the Arrow lowboy IMO and that's a £900 + option along with PC and mapping where as all the stuff I've done to mine has come in around £300..

I usually end up in south Oxfordshire around Thame and Aylesbury when I ride out but more than happy to venture further south..

Mowjoe

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      Fazer8
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 16 November 2013, 01:49:37 pm »
Some of the Pipe Worx silencer look pretty cool and well priced. They also state no remapping required. How was the SP project silencer to fit? Needed a remap or not, how do you know if required?

FAZER600Ash

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 04 December 2013, 03:31:06 pm »
Hi, Noticed the post, Also from Newbury just got back on my bike got a 98' Fazer600, moved back into Newbury fairly recently :) Also lived in Carterton a few years back!! You guys do much in Newbury on the bike scene??