Date: 27-04-24  Time: 12:18 pm

Author Topic: Oil level warning light  (Read 1412 times)

1967fazer

• Club Racer
  • Its not a Rossi rep!
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Oil level warning light
« on: 13 May 2013, 11:14:35 pm »
Ok I know its been discussed before, but at the time wasn't worried about it. Now however, my warning light is coming on all the time, which is really annoying! Oil level is ok by the way, but I need to know what to do to sort it now. Any ideas, thoughts, suggestions?
Cheers  :D

ghostbiker

• Muck Spreader
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - GSX600F Katana
    • View Profile
Re: Oil level warning light
« Reply #1 on: 13 May 2013, 11:51:35 pm »
Even on when topped up to the top of the glass?
I know mine needs to be just above half way or the light comes on. Like it did today on way home (still gives me a oh shit moment LOL)
But often hear of others that need to be as high as upper level mark to stop it or even higher.
Just need to remember its a level light not a pressure light, if your level is ok then everything should be fine.

As to fixing it, well if its caused by a dodgy switch or connection maybe a change would help but don't know how easy that is to do or if it will solve it.

mikelockyer

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 14 May 2013, 12:02:28 pm »
Hi Keep your oil topped up to the top of the glass. The oil level light is very sensitive. Had this episode some years ago but not since I took the advice of a Yamaha mechanic. Regards Mike
Mike Lockyer

1967fazer

• Club Racer
  • Its not a Rossi rep!
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 14 May 2013, 12:29:01 pm »
Will check and make sure the level is bang on the mark, pretty sure it is tho. It used to come on briefly every now and then, which is how I became aware of this issue, but now it comes on lots, usually when the bike is just cruising and if its been ridden enthusiastically its not a problem. I check my oil everytime I go out on the bike so a lack of oil isn't a worry, its more annoying than anything else!

mikelockyer

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 14 May 2013, 03:38:08 pm »
Hi I am not being petty but make sure the sight glass is at least to the maximum level mark or even better completely covering the window. Ignore the maximum and minimum levels quoted in the book. Best of luck. Mike
Mike Lockyer