Date: 20-05-24  Time: 04:18 am

Author Topic: Carbon Fibre Fairing Insert Panels - Interest in Group Buy?  (Read 30202 times)

Falcon 269

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Yamaha R1 1999
    • View Profile
Re: Carbon Fibre Fairing Insert Panels - Interest in Group Buy?
« Reply #25 on: 14 October 2011, 12:46:36 pm »
Zero Limits have offered an additional discount on the radiator covers. Normal retail price is £59.99 but they will do them for £49.99 as part of the group buy.

Delivery will be 5 - 6 weeks from placement of the order and receipt of deposits, so if you're interested please e-mail me soon.  A few of those who've already signed up are hoping for a pre-Xmas delivery so the order will need to go in fairly promptly.

Mike

nickodemon

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Aprilia tuono V4
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 18 October 2011, 04:56:43 pm »
Phoned today regarding my order (9th sept) I have been told that they are hoping to have my order mid next week (Imported), so i SHOULD get them a week this friday 28th oct. (Here's hoping!). I believe that is 49 days (7 weeks) :( . When they arrive i will check out quality and post pics (Someone will have to let me know how to post pics on this site, as i had problems on the old site. If i'm stuck i can post them in the gallery section, because i managed to put up pics of my bikes :lol .Cheers for now,

Nick.
If it's broken, it's not fixed.

Falcon 269

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Yamaha R1 1999
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 19 October 2011, 04:50:03 am »
Thanks, Nick.

I've had a look around t'interweb for other reports on Zero Limits and their products.  Found a group buy thing for the TL1000S forum guys which was delayed by a fire in the overseas production unit.  All stuff delivered in the end, though, and the reports and photos on quality were very good.

Looks to me like Zero Limits contract out orders to the Far East so there's always the potential for delays at the factory (ZL have no direct control over the production line) and shipping snags.

For the price and the reported quality, I'm willing to go ahead and be patient if necessary.  smiley: smile

mickdel

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 19 October 2011, 05:48:14 am »
Mike

I've got most of what I need, but would be interested in the rad parts.     Also,  do you have any idea on how much the fairing would be?   Just a ball parky?
Head Focced

Falcon 269

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Yamaha R1 1999
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 19 October 2011, 06:01:50 am »
Hi Mick

Rad parts, no problem.  However, Zero Limits don't offer a complete fairing.  Devilsyam confused the issue by posting photos of stuff produced by another company.  Sorry.

Mike

mickdel

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 19 October 2011, 09:53:21 am »
Hi Mike

Thanks for clarifying.     I'll get in touch with Devilsyam a bit later about the fairing.    In the meantime,   I might just spray it matt black,  as I think it blends better with carbon.   I have all the infills, and the other bits, and a tail unit too.

In't meantime,  can you put me down for the rad kit.   When do you need some cash.   The mother has crossed my palm with the currency of the realm,  so I'd like to spend it (just about enough) on something that's going to last,  rather than the usual bottle of scotch.     Is it a straight replacement for the two bits of plastic either side of the rad?  Duh - of course it would be wouldn't it.   My first irish moment of the day :)

Hope you're keeping well.    I should be back on the road fairly soon,  but after a long layoff,  I really don't fancy commuting this year, especially as the cold is supposed to be something else this year.  And also because commuting in and out of London really kills all interest in biking after a while, not to mention the daily near misses,  and red mists ruining the ride.    I almost gave up at one point after a merc did a u-turn in front of me, and i caught it amidships in 06.  That cost me £2k alone.     In future, when its seriously cold,  I'll be getting muffs for the bars,  and some of those snazzy heated socks.     I'm especially envious of your location at this time of year.   In fact,  I'm envious of any biker living in Spain, at any time of the year.     

What are the fuel prices like over there?   I've not seen much mention of it here,  but it must be very expensive commuting now, whereas before it was cheaper than the train.    I've read some horrendous prices for hooning around in the various bike mags I got brought when I was in the cardiac ward a couple of weeks ago.   Fine for the journos,  but the average hooner on a thirsty engine usually doesn't have pockets full of wedge to splurge for brief adrenaline spurts,  and it must have curtailed the full Sunday three figure pleasure trips.    Depressing.   When I get the fazer back (deefer has it under wraps in his workshop until I'm ready to take it back - he really saved my bacon after my difficulties)  I doubt I'll be using its full  performance much for a long, long time.

All the best

mick

ps - I've got a few questions for you about general bike stuff and that.  I'll shoot you a pm when I can remember them all later.   I'm off to Ireland in the morning for ten days - taking the kid over at half term so she can spend time with her dog.  Long story!

pps - apologies for the  :hijack
Head Focced

nickodemon

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Aprilia tuono V4
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 26 October 2011, 04:33:45 pm »
Still waiting..................... :( If they are in the order about to be dispatched from far east and not the one still to be made..  i may get them by the end of next week (10 weeks).  They are now saying that the company only send out items when the order is big enough. They will run out of excuses soon me thinks.. I believe that this company are a couple of people who are buying stuff cheap from the far east adding there 'commission' and selling on for a profit. 'basically they have no control over shipping time and quality. I dread to think what would happen if i had to return stuff !!! :'( Keep you all posted when 'if' they arrive.

Falcon 269

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Yamaha R1 1999
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 26 October 2011, 07:15:30 pm »
I can't dispute that Zero Limits' supply chain is a bit flakey.    However, if they come through in the end and the quality is acceptable, it's up to folks here to decide if the budget price is worth the wait.

A TL1000S group buy in the USA also suffered from delays in the production process but the guys eventually got the parts and were more than pleased with them.

Thanks for the update, Nick. :)

cable tie

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 26 October 2011, 09:12:12 pm »
Still waiting..................... :( If they are in the order about to be dispatched from far east and not the one still to be made..  i may get them by the end of next week (10 weeks).  They are now saying that the company only send out items when the order is big enough. They will run out of excuses soon me thinks.. I believe that this company are a couple of people who are buying stuff cheap from the far east adding there 'commission' and selling on for a profit. 'basically they have no control over shipping time and quality. I dread to think what would happen if i had to return stuff !!! :'( Keep you all posted when 'if' they arrive.

I placed my order a week after yourself now when i rang em for a update nearly 3 weeks ago they stated they will be there within 15-20 days, obviously from what you state above it dont sound like the case so ill be calling them 2mo to ask if my items are ready for collection as i stated in was important i got my items this week and if they could not guarantee id take my business elsewhere ie to germany and they promised me they would be there sounds like fookin pack of lies and if so ill be having money back 2mo morn.

nickodemon

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Aprilia tuono V4
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 26 October 2011, 10:00:28 pm »
I just hope the quality is good. I could have bought the air box covers cheaper from France (Fleabay), but the rad guards were a lot more expensive. I decided on this company thinking they were British, so if there was an issue with quality i could return them with no problems. I bought carbon fibre stuff for my gsxr 1000 k6 from a company called world of carbon. The quality was shockingly bad. They had to send 3 replacements before i was even vaguely happy, bubbles in complete lacquering etc.... Here's hoping the quality is much better and the wait was worth it!!!!!

cable tie

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 27 October 2011, 07:00:13 pm »
I called em 1st thing this morn i let them dig a hole with excuses there was a few  :wall  before i stated its not what you told a member of the fazer forum that placed a order with yourselfs the phone went silent,  than i was told the boss will call me back later, later came and the same female called me and said we dont know when the stuff is coming as it has to clear thro customs and we not sure what is in the consignment  :eek , i than asked for my money back thay gladly said no problem BUT than i was told the machine is down and should be back up 2mo .

Anyway ive now placed my order with a germany company see the pictures that luke stuck up on this thread thats the same company ive had my stuff from now, they confirmed thay have all in stock and is being sent out 2mo by dhl i paid via paypal so have some security only downside its cost £70 more.

and to zero limit carbon  :finger

I wish all you chaps good luck with ya order's   

Falcon 269

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Yamaha R1 1999
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 28 October 2011, 07:56:43 am »
I wish all you chaps good luck with ya order's

In the light of all the evidence, I won't be ordering. 

When a company is too incompetent even to maintain a constant line of BS to their clients, it doesn't give me any faith in their ability to manage the proverbial in a brewery.

If anyone here still wants to take the risk of ordering through Zero Limits, I'll remain engaged to ensure the forum discount that's been negotiated but it will be entirely at your own risk.

Sorry it's worked out this way, chaps. 

Mike

PS.  Good luck to Dave and the others waiting for parts or refunds.

Tmation

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 28 October 2011, 08:36:03 am »
Well my fairing panels were supposed to have been sent to me on Tuesday morning (25th), as yet nothing has arrived  :\ , I ordered them on the 11th of Aug.

On the plus side I have received the 20% discount they offered for late delivery.

Tmation

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 28 October 2011, 10:41:13 am »
Panels have just arrived, quality seems good and I will try to get some pictures taken and posted up (may take a few days)  :)

Falcon 269

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Yamaha R1 1999
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 28 October 2011, 11:07:08 am »
That's good news, at least. :)

Look forward to seeing the photos next.

Mike

cable tie

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 28 October 2011, 07:28:26 pm »
Tmation, glad you got your stuff at least, shame it took 3 months  :eek   its a poor way to run a business excuses , excuses surely they wont last and even today i never got a call back about my refund so i rang em 4pm was told the machine down cant do refunds, so they have supposedly transfered my refund into my bank account.

So i placed my order with the ebay sellers www.superbike24.eu last night (thurs) and this morn (fri) i was sent the dhl tracking no for the items that have been sent ill report and post some pics when they arrvive.

Dave  :)

nickodemon

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Aprilia tuono V4
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 28 October 2011, 09:27:17 pm »
I'm with cable tie on this one. Shocking customer service etc... Hopefully they will arrive by the end of next week and they will be great quality and i won't care about the very very long wait!!!!!! :rollin If i didn't laugh i would :'( Time for some nice vino :b  ................burp.........

thecert

• About as funny as a
    wasp in your helmet.
  • GP Hero
  • Now on a new ride but still love the thou'
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Triumph T120
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 30 October 2011, 10:05:09 am »

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the light of all the evidence, I won't be ordering. 

When a company is too incompetent even to maintain a constant line of BS to their clients, it doesn't give me any faith in their ability to manage the proverbial in a brewery.

If anyone here still wants to take the risk of ordering through Zero Limits, I'll remain engaged to ensure the forum discount that's been negotiated but it will be entirely at your own risk.

Sorry it's worked out this way, chaps. 

Mike   
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi Mike and fellow carbon seekers,
thank you for posting your unfortunate experence only I was very strongly considering ordering several items from Zero Limits and have even pointed others in their direction. As a result though I have now decided to give them a miss and by the looks of things save myself a lot of agro.
When the going get's tough the tough get going.

cable tie

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 30 October 2011, 06:21:49 pm »
Yeah you probably have saved ya-self alot of hassle,  pi55 poor co tbh and to make matters worse the fookers have not put the money back into my account like thay said they would, im glad i never paid the full amount as they suggested i do, i only offered a deposit due to the fact the waiting time and the fact id not used them before  >:  .

jackojet

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - 2015 R1 and 2015 speed triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 31 October 2011, 01:01:26 pm »
well i was really keen to order the fairing inners, glad i waited to see what you guys reckoned, seems i made the right choice to hold back .:(

had a similar with Busters for a titanium top yoke nut , took 6 months to come ! and i only found out that it was made in spain and the back log from the spanish summer hols caused the delay . Why do these companies advertise items for sale , when they know full well it will take yonks to arrive? and why dont they say when its of stock or special order?

hope it all works out for those that have ordered.:)

justy1

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - fzs 600 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 31 October 2011, 02:35:19 pm »

mr jackojet

coz it all boils down to one thing.... "MONEY" they're only interested in getting their hands on ya money! they don't really care coz they know your gunna wait for the item. ok your gunna phone um every other day & moan but they can live with that coz they've already got ya money.

prime example, you waited 6 months for a nut! bet they didnt offer any money back for making you wait!?

why do you think this country & every other country are in the sh*te??? "MONEY" & "GREED" 

justy1000
« Last Edit: 31 October 2011, 02:37:08 pm by justy1 »

nickodemon

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Aprilia tuono V4
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 31 October 2011, 04:55:04 pm »
Panels have just arrived, quality seems good and I will try to get some pictures taken and posted up (may take a few days)  :)

Any joy with the pics? Tried calling zero limits today, phone was engaged for over an hour and gave up. :(

nickodemon

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Aprilia tuono V4
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 31 October 2011, 05:16:08 pm »
Finally got through using ringback... Apparently my stuff is at customs and should be delivered to zero limits tomorrow or wednesday. The guy checked the order of stuff at customs and said my stuff was in the boxes. They bl**dy better be!! :evil  Hopefully i will have them by the end of the week... Let you know how i get on. If i don't get them this time i will have to give up and get a refund.. never mind the 20% discount for fooking me about. 

Tmation

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 31 October 2011, 05:55:19 pm »
Hi no pictures just yet, I am back at work in Saudi so have to wait for my dad to send them on to me.

cable tie

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
PICTURES
« Reply #49 on: 01 November 2011, 08:41:50 pm »
Right as you all know i took my business to a germany seller after zero limits pi55 poor service, so i placed my order friday night with the germany comp, i got email from the company sat morn stateing items sent via DHHL today the posty delivered my box of goodies, now thats how you do business take note zero limits..

Whats in the box.

Quality is by far the best ive seen and im very fussy.

So lets see if they fit and if they need any mods.

The fit is 100% perfect no mods-drilling bigger holes ect everything lined up perfect i was very impressed.

COST;  i asked the sellers if they did any discount as i wanted 3 items and this was there reply
Ebay listed prices.
1x 180743308662 219euro
1x 400246259765 149euro
1x 400243312378 179euro
togehter = 547euro +20euro shipping with DHL = 567euro we can make = 399euro can pay with paypal.

Worked out £350 with shipping and i would think more you buy bigger the discount so maybe GROUP BUY may be of interest !!

absolutely brilliant service kept me upto date and sent dhl track no.

Dave  :D