Date: 21-05-24  Time: 05:56 am

Author Topic: What is the most stupid thing you've seen another driver do . . . .  (Read 25058 times)

Skinbeatersam

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Kawasaki ZZR 600
    • View Profile
Re: What is the most stupid thing you've seen another driver do . . . .
« Reply #50 on: 25 April 2012, 03:41:07 pm »
Loving the stories. My favs today in the rain, are the ones who can't decide what they are are doing.

'Turn Right . . . . . . . . NO LEFT!!. . . . . . No probably right. . . . .No Left!!! Emergency stop, then accelerate fast and repeat'

All the while I am trying to bloody pass safely!!

AdieR

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 25 April 2012, 06:04:22 pm »
Saw one in a BMW reading a broadsheet newspaper in heavy traffic.

A young lad in a tarted up Corsa belting past on my RHS when I'd indicated and positioned for it (the rest of the traffic passing on the left might have been a clue if his IQ was higher than his finger count).

A 4x4 coming the wrong way up a one-way road.

The one that amused me wasone I saw on my local news a while back - muppet following his twat-nav the the letter, twat nav took him off the road, and he nearly drove the car over a cliff. Another twat-nav fail was the wagon driver who followed the bloody thing blindly and got wedged between 2 buildings!

JZS 600

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - VFR 1200 FD
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 25 April 2012, 07:55:15 pm »
Applying mascara whilst on the way towards the Backwall Tunnel in morning rush hour.

"Lady" in a rather large Merc.

Looney tune

• Cartographic Pickpocketing Foccer
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • - FZS 600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 26 April 2012, 12:43:12 am »

Buy a nissan micra
Better to stand and look a fool than speak and prove it !
If it aint broke, I'll fix it till it is !!

splurter

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - dt175,km90,sr500,ossa 250 mar
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 26 April 2012, 09:19:48 am »
One of the most stupid things i seen a driver do was nearly knock my 6ft 5 19 stone mate off his bike,he then proceeded to stick two fingers up at him and drive off even more stupid.
His stupid mistake was soon corrected when he got stuck in traffic and my mate squeezed through his window grasping hands full of his neck. :lol

Skinbeatersam

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Kawasaki ZZR 600
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 26 April 2012, 09:57:40 am »
Brill, anyone got any good confrontation stories??

My mate, rugby prop on a bicycle, was nearly knocked off by knob in an Audi TT who wasn't looking when emerging from a junction. Called my mate a foccin twat, and then sped off. Of course my friend caught him up at the lights, took his keys from the car and then, basically made him apologise. Funny thing was, his passenger was siding with my friend, and helped convince this guy, that he was just a little rich boy twat.

:-)

Phil TK

• GP Hero
  • up yer..
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 26 April 2012, 10:15:47 am »
Once saw a floozie driving a sports Merc run a red and nearly take out on a despatch rider in Tower Hill, his reaction was to simply laugh and shake his head. At the next set of lights he still kept his cool and pulled alongside to gently explain how stoopid she was but she wound up her window and gave him the finger. tsk
  The despatcher responded by spitting a really massive nasty green gob on her windscreen and rubbed it all over nicely, the look on her face was a picture. Fantastic, and of course mopsy tries to wipe it off with her wipers making visibility through the screen nil. As the lights changed she couldn't move off, the last I saw was her getting out of her car armed with a tiny hanky to the sound of an angry horns from everyone behind.

:evil :lol

DILLIGAFF

• Muppet

Plucking foccer
    Official FOC-U Saga Lout
    Kock Leeper
  • GP Hero
  • Leeper of cocks
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 26 April 2012, 12:01:03 pm »
Saw a bloke in a BMW race an unmarked police car up the A3............................ oh no. That was me  :car
I used to not give a foc, then I discovered Red Bull and now I don't give a flying foc !!!

Skippernick

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 26 April 2012, 01:06:55 pm »
Following a twat in a car who started to indicate left with a left turn approaching, all good so far.
He started to slow down for the turn and then stopped in the road, fortunetly i avoided him with my thumb firmly pressed on the horn.
Red Heads - Slowly taking over the world!!!

Chillum

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Currently bikeless
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 26 April 2012, 01:07:51 pm »
I had a confrontation riding into London one morning, the A12 junction down to Charley Brown's roundabout. Some wanker is a beaten up piece of shit decided to cut in at the last minute because he thought he saw a gap, except that I was in it - I managed to swerve to one side and slow down in time (just) but I was a bit red-misty - so I booted the side of his (crappy) door and left a big boot mark down it.

I proceeded to filter down towards the roundabout, slowed down slightly by another biker in front that wasn't all that brave about squeezing through (it gets a bit narrow down the middle as you get down the off-ramp).

Anyway, a check of my mirror showed me that the bloke who's door I'd booted had abandoned his car at the top of the ramp and was running down the middle after me waving an effin' great iron bar. He looked like a wrestling version of side-show bob, so I shit meself.

I was mentally urging the guy in front to hurry the foc up, and I admit to a small flutter of panic as this guy was rapidly approaching my back. Luckily a coach had blocked the way ahead a bit (trying to stop the bikes filtering) but had left a 1 ft wide gap the other side of him, so I managed to get round the coach and ahead of the other biker - hoping to $deity that he didn't get a clobber in my stead.

I got away, but I learnt a valuable lesson that day - always check your escape route!

Skinbeatersam

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Kawasaki ZZR 600
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 26 April 2012, 04:09:13 pm »
I don't even gesture any  more, just cos you don't know how mental that other person might be.

Seriously thinking about getting a helmet cam. That way I can just shop them all to the cops, and they can deal with it. :-)

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
    • Affordable Leather Products
« Reply #61 on: 26 April 2012, 05:22:54 pm »
Coming out of a T-junction onto a larger road, I see a woman in a car opposite clearly about to pull out in the direction I'm going. She totally fails to check her blind spot and pulls out to receive a blast on my horn.

She winds down her window and utters the immortal words "Sorry, I didn't see you". I look down at my headlamp and Hi-Viz and remark "That's because you didn't *LOOK*!"

Ok, I wasn't in any danger because I had been watching her, but hopefully she'll remember that so the next biker who isn't watching so carefully when she's pulling out doesn't get knocked off.

Fazerider

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 26 April 2012, 07:24:15 pm »
I don't even gesture any  more, just cos you don't know how mental that other person might be...
... or how well equipped.
A couple of years back a friend of mine arrived at work somewhat shaken after a minor cutting-in incident escalated to him having a handgun pointed at his face. :eek

rjd1

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 26 April 2012, 08:03:45 pm »
i got hit by a new shape vw beetle about 7 yr ago she pulled right into the side of me sending me into a bus stop full of people, managed to stay on the bike turned out it was a woman doctor on the phone
she took the full blame
i got a descent payout for me an the bike

was black an blue from ankle to shoulder

she got banned for 2yr silly cow

JZS 600

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - VFR 1200 FD
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 26 April 2012, 08:36:52 pm »
Chased a bloke up the road some years ago in Canning Town who had the audacity to turn right at a T junction across me whilst swinging my bike lock chain over my head. Red mist moment.....

Anyone who knows Canning Town will instantly realise the foolishness of this action.

Skinbeatersam

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Kawasaki ZZR 600
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 27 April 2012, 12:13:08 am »
I used to live near Canning town. I understand.

I quite like the idea of a biker swinging his chain like a mourning star. Awesome!!

I've recently got really into watching peoples vlogs. They are pretty interesting. Here is a couple.

[size=78%]
I love Taxi Drivers
[/size]

[size=78%]
Argument With White Van Man
[/size]

This amuses me.

:-) 

pitternator

• "I'll be back"
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 27 April 2012, 07:13:23 am »
I think its avery valid point - you just do not know who is that other driver. Twice in the last 2 yrs I have experienced 2 incidents where the other driver totally exploded into road rage. Its funny now, but hey, who knows if either had a gun or machete...could have been tricky ! each time I was in my trannie, so was  quite easy to see...
One was  a taxi driver who cut straight in front of me( I pipped my horn , as much a reflex as deliberate),who then followd me for a half mile sounding his horn shaking his fist , even driving on the path to try to cut into me- incredible reaction  in a quiet daytime street...I just laughed at the asian tosser, especially as he had  a fare in the back ( poor sod! ), not very professional was he !  :rolleyes  ...... and the other was a car driver overtaking me while I was stationary  at traffic lights at well over the limit , passing so close its untrue.I was quite shocked cos he only just squeezed through the gap ...This utter loon then slowed right down after about 400 yards, drove at  normal speed for bit,slowed right down, then let me overtake, then overtook back and cut straight in front and emergency stopped trying to make me run into him.Then he drove off, indicated left then turned right , trying to again get me to run into him... All this at 10am..this ( caribbean) mans face was absolutely boiling. He must have been on drugs( fair assumption) cos his reaction was just so OTT for the incident.I turned off cos he just looked so mad a chat at the roadside was only ever gonna end up with one of us getting a thump or worse.I had no real axe to grind, and so I simply turned off  and  I let the twat go, but he could easily have caused  a quite bad accident for his lunacy. And yet people say its white van men who are bad drivers !  :lol
But on a serious note, I was unarmed, not in any sort of a rage, but the other drivers were so mad, if armed , would easily have used them.I try to avoid  such conflicts cos whatever the outcome its serious waste of time if the cops get called, or a possible jail if I ended up injuring or  killing the feckers with their own weapons, or hospital/ worse  if they got me !  :\ ... all for simple daft incidents on a  local road on the way to a job ! Maybe I have more sense these days ?? A few  years ago I would have jumped out the van and got stuck into both the idiots...

Chillum

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Currently bikeless
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 27 April 2012, 08:46:50 am »
The cyclist in that first vid must end up reporting an awful lot of people, either that or he just likes to wind people up - he seems quite confrontational and seems to be completely belligerent. He also ignores the cycle lane quite a lot.

DILLIGAFF

• Muppet

Plucking foccer
    Official FOC-U Saga Lout
    Kock Leeper
  • GP Hero
  • Leeper of cocks
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 27 April 2012, 11:21:33 am »
I soon learnt during my brief spell as a London motorbike courier that black cab drivers are far from the tourist image of the knowlegable gentlemen road users.

It is a prerequisite of their licence application to have all sideways motion of their heads disabled, presumably to facilitate use of their phones and remove the distraction of wing mirrors.
I used to not give a foc, then I discovered Red Bull and now I don't give a flying foc !!!

breadlord

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 27 April 2012, 11:42:41 am »
Not another driver, but this happened last night:

Coming home up Brixton Hill and the lights ahead are red so I'm filtering at maybe 15. The way the reds work is that it stops traffic in both directions so the other bit of a cross junction gets flow. As I pass a transit van an iditotic woman RUNS out, PUSHING A BABY CARRIAGE... I slam on the brakes, nearly overbalance and pull a muscle keeping the bike up. Front wheel pushes the pushchair maybe three inches back and I crap myself.
I eff and blind at her for being an idiot.
She gives me the finger and continues on like nothing's happened.

Arrrrrrrrrrgghh!

steeeve66

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - KTM SD 990, CBR600FS, CB500
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 27 April 2012, 01:32:23 pm »
another 'not a another driver' - man walks across road outside Aldgate East tube this morning, pissed as a fart (at 8:30am?!) didn't look once; that's 5 lanes of belligerent rush-hour traffic to negotiate without looking up!...

i'm amazed he made it.
Someone sent me a postcard picture of the earth. On the back it said, "Wish you were here."

Steven Wright

chris.biker

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Hornet 600
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 27 April 2012, 05:37:38 pm »
As a cyclist I think all this money spent on cycle lanes is a waste, if you use them you soon find out they have painted them were ever the road is wide enough and then they just stop where the road gets narrow  and harder to negotiate. In the case of the cyclist in this video he is travelling at a good speed and going past many cyclist in the cycle lane. I think he is to wound up but I think the road users giving him hassle are wound up and seem to think that he has to be in the cycle lane.
Where I live the cycle lane into town is on the pavement the surface is bad and there are traffic sign posts smack in the middle. I cycled at 17 mph on a pavement past gate ways !

Chillum

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Currently bikeless
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 27 April 2012, 07:00:37 pm »
I cycled at 17 mph on a pavement past gate ways !

Sounds like inappropriate speed to me :pokefun

Phil TK

• GP Hero
  • up yer..
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 27 April 2012, 08:03:13 pm »
I soon learnt during my brief spell as a London motorbike courier that black cab drivers are far from the tourist image of the knowlegable gentlemen road users.

I used to frequent the steam rooms in Canning Town years ago, this was a popular after-work meeting place for  London cabbies, they made up about 90% of the clientel. There was a 'jokey' sign on the main Steam room door, it said 'No poofs' and this was almost weekly 'defaced' with someone writing 'No coons either' or some other desperately intelligent proclamation against blacks/jews/indians etc.
You get the picture? A lot of them are still like that, you still see them driving past black people who are hailing and stopping for whites just yards further on. Incredible.

chris.biker

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Hornet 600
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 27 April 2012, 08:27:08 pm »
I cycled at 17 mph on a pavement past gate ways !

Sounds like inappropriate speed to me :pokefun

It should have read '' cycled at 17mph. On the pavement NOT!  I cycle on the road leaving the pedestrians safe.