Date: 01-05-24  Time: 17:47 pm

Author Topic: Brake disc assembly recommendations anyone?  (Read 993 times)

bludclot

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Brake disc assembly recommendations anyone?
« on: 05 June 2016, 02:03:50 pm »

My Honda CB400 restoration is nearing completion but I am stuck with finding someone to re-assemble my front disks. The rotors and carriers have been drilled part and the carriers stove enamelled but I don't know who to ask for re-assembly.
This is the second attempt, the first discs went to All Bike Engineering (London), I didn't like the obviously blasted to death carriers and the buttons look suspiciously like they've been hammered home with by hand using a ball bearing - plus there's no movement in them at all, not good for semi-floaters.
I found thediscdoctor.co.uk online that look good but delve a little deeper and their reputation on the forums is shot to bits. So can anyone help? This is already an expensive part of this bike...
is it clean enough?

celticdog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
Re: Brake disc assembly recommendations anyone?
« Reply #1 on: 06 June 2016, 08:12:08 pm »
Hi bludclot, these guys near me have a very good rep but they're not cheap- but I suppose no-one is these days.  :\

http://www.powerhouse.uk/content/about-powerhouse/about-powerhouse-sheffield-yorkshire.php

Treat everything in life the way a dog would- if you can't eat it or foc it, forget it.

bludclot

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Re: Brake disc assembly recommendations anyone?
« Reply #2 on: 10 June 2016, 07:16:58 am »

Thank you for that. I called them yesterday but unless I commission an entire custom disc they won't work customer's pieces. Still looking.
is it clean enough?