Date: 17-05-24  Time: 09:10 am

Author Topic: argh! perfect timing!!  (Read 1057 times)

Leonidas

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
argh! perfect timing!!
« on: 22 June 2012, 07:49:30 pm »
my mate came to buy my fzs 600 (2000) model today and it for the first time start! totally dead not even instrument lights! it jump started and ran allright but the speedo clock was going crazy :( after a 10 minute run I stopped the engine and the instrument lights had afaint glow, it had to be jump started and was ok unless you knocked he lights off, it would then sound rough and stutter a bit. I had just washed it.

Battery?
Water?
Both?

Please help :(

What matters is not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog

Fazer Jake

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
Re: argh! perfect timing!!
« Reply #1 on: 22 June 2012, 07:52:06 pm »
May have got water on the HT leads, all bikes do it, mine ran on 3 cylinders for a while as they were wet.

Give it a good 50mile rideout

Leonidas

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 22 June 2012, 09:43:11 pm »
May have got water on the HT leads, all bikes do it, mine ran on 3 cylinders for a while as they were wet.

Give it a good 50mile rideout

Just got back from tying your suggestion mate, the clocks are bck to normal now ad all runs fine. when I turned it of and back on all the lights came bck strong, I tied starting iand it just made a whiring sound for 5 ten everything started fading away and getting dim and then dead, sounds lke the battery??

What matters is not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog

ghostbiker

• Muck Spreader
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - GSX600F Katana
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 23 June 2012, 01:36:27 am »
Sounds battery related to me. Give it a good charge up.