Date: 30-04-24  Time: 14:56 pm

Author Topic: Introduction  (Read 1090 times)

Sprocket

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Introduction
« on: 09 January 2016, 09:19:07 am »
Morning all,

Thought I'd say hello. 04 Fazer 1000 is my first Yam. It's been well looked after, but had a few teething probs. First an undisclosed slow in the rear Avon, second a really stiff ignition barrel, third fitted Renthals that are way to high and wide for me.
   Other than that, very impressed. I haven't explored the power yet.
There seems to be an intermittent rattle from the radiator fan area ? This one's on 40000 - no recent service history. Is valve clearance checks a priority, what do you think ?

Thanks in advance for any pointers - looking forward to the Fazer thou' experience.

Andy.

Exupnut

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Re: Introduction
« Reply #1 on: 09 January 2016, 11:45:10 am »
Hi Sprocket and welcome ....pukker Name.....rattle near the front?....yup ...shims or cam chain tensioner.
Just flapping about on this stagnant little pond on the outer rim of the internet.....yup....  :-))

eddie

• FOC-U Lost Boy.
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 14 January 2016, 08:56:06 am »
Rattle... check cables to exup valve too,,they rattle if sleek, adjustment points are under tank throttle side, see link  http://www.cartestsoftware.com/fz1/index.html

Sprocket

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 17 January 2016, 03:47:45 pm »
Thanks for the replies - have managed to sort with your help. The bikes just over 40 thou' smooth as a turbine, obviously well looked after.

Unfortunately, no service history - wise to check valves and change/flush coolant system ? Anything else you can think of ?

Positions all wrong for me - need rear sets ( Valter moto ? ) and lower narrower bars - so some tinkering needed before I'm happy to let rip, can't wait.
Will post a couple of shots - it's a pretty standard grey thou'

Stay warm.