Date: 28-04-24  Time: 04:50 am

Author Topic: **SOLD** - Universal Motorcycle Side Stand Prong  (Read 673 times)

Peanut

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
**SOLD** - Universal Motorcycle Side Stand Prong
« on: 18 June 2023, 07:55:13 pm »
I purchased this recently in an attempt to make using the side stand on my FZ6S easier. Every other bike I've owned has always had a little prong welded on near the foot of the stand, and I've found it a bit awkward twisting my foot to get a toe or heel in the right place to flick the stand down in one swift/smooth movement, especially when wearing my Alpinestars boots. Anyway, this prong works a treat, but on the FZ6S, the bracket of the prong catches on the centre stand, preventing the side stand from fully retracting. So not ideal, and hence it's for sale.

However, it really does make a difference if you find it difficult to put the side stand down, or up, whilst sitting on your bike, especially if wearing sports-style boots, it's just more suited to bikes without a centre stand fitted.
The item is listed on eBay (£8.00 inc P&P):
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/325673445350

« Last Edit: 20 June 2023, 03:51:39 pm by Peanut »
Back on a bike again!

BBROWN1664

• Administrator
  • GP Hero
  • Should get out more!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tracer 900
    • View Profile
    • My website
Re: For Sale - Universal Motorcycle Side Stand Prong
« Reply #1 on: 19 June 2023, 05:40:13 pm »
as it is bolted on, does it work better the other way round? i.e. with the "prong" in front of the stand instead of behind as in the picture?
Another ex-Fazer rider that is a foccer again

Peanut

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
Re: For Sale - Universal Motorcycle Side Stand Prong
« Reply #2 on: 20 June 2023, 03:50:19 pm »
Hi. I tried it in all directions, but it was actually the bracket which was catching on the centre stand, rather than the prong bit. Good thinking though  :D
Back on a bike again!