Date: 22-05-24  Time: 12:55 pm

Author Topic: Screens  (Read 1097 times)

Yamazer-92

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TL1000S
    • View Profile
Screens
« on: 15 May 2014, 11:56:19 pm »
After my front end damage I need a new screen, I liked the look of my old standard one compared to a lot I have seen but am thinking this may be a good opportunity to try something else. Does anyone have any recommendations? The best one I ever saw was one that was a double bubble, but instead of having the huge bubble which I dont like it was standard shaped and had a small bubble just in the centre of the screen near the top. If anyone knows where I can get one of them that would be great thanks.

jonesthesteam

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Currently Fazerless
    • View Profile
Re: Screens
« Reply #1 on: 16 May 2014, 08:51:12 am »
Hi, if you have no luck getting an aftermarket one I am pretty sure I have a standard one in the garage you can have for free if you can collect (Ottery)

BTW i think you may be thinking of the Fabbri screen, have a look at my photos under recent posts as that is the one I have fitted.

PS: sorry to hear about your "off"

Best, Gareth
« Last Edit: 16 May 2014, 08:52:54 am by jonesthesteam »

jonesthesteam

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Currently Fazerless
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 16 May 2014, 08:54:41 am »
Like this one?.....

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 16 May 2014, 01:22:15 pm »
Here is mine -- as an example of one that you dont want mabe but this one I thing is more like 1 single bubble its a Nuvo screen that i got off ebay second hand about 8 years ago.
If you are thinking that any change will give you more wind protection then they dont, so if you are going to fit one then do it for its looks and not for any protection
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

Yamazer-92

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TL1000S
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 16 May 2014, 02:48:26 pm »
Hi Gareth good to hear from you again, yeah that is the exact one I am on about however I am seriously considering making mine naked now but doing a proper job with single headlight, little brackets similar to what red 98 has made etc. Something I've always been considering, now kind of seems like the ideal time. Cheers for the screen offer though!

Yeah I like that Fazersharp the only double bubble ones I can get on with are the clear / very lightly smoked ones but dont like the dark or coloured ones. As for protection, I actually find that the screen on the Fazer is terrible and turbocharges wind right into my face making motorways awful without earplugs. But yeah like I say unlikely I will be needing a screen now, not fully decided but im strongly leaning towards naked.