Date: 30-05-24  Time: 18:55 pm

Author Topic: Union power  (Read 10222 times)

Exupnut

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Re: Union power
« Reply #25 on: 08 February 2014, 02:16:58 am »
Lew....... U got some miner issues.... Lol and not even a mention of the poll tax... Go on son... Let it out....we all here ya...
Just flapping about on this stagnant little pond on the outer rim of the internet.....yup....  :-))

slimwilly

• GP Hero
  • I love to ride them hills
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 08 February 2014, 06:33:50 am »
Haha, we are all entitled to an opinion  :) , whether it is shared is another thing,dont get to mad or personel,remember there are us employers who have to work hard for the jobs we create ,and we are in favour of self enterprise,if you want it , go and get it, learn to make your own oppertunities.

Employers have to bend over backwards to comply with the law for employees, some of the recent rights are a bit of a piss take and sometimes you have to ask is
it all worth it.
An ageing test pilot for home grown widgets that may fail at anytime.

locksmith

• FOC-U Official Selfish Bastard
    A bit of a cheapskate
    imageJune 09
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT-09 :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 08 February 2014, 09:20:00 am »
and sometimes you have to ask is
it all worth it.

Yep I downsized years ago and got rid of full time staff. Got fed up working my bollocks off to give thousands of pounds to staff.

Nowdays, overall I have less stress and more money in my pocket!

I'm self employed and my earnings are directly effected by my productivity and bottom line profit.

By striking London Underground are forcing probably thousands more people to lose a days wages as well - not funny.

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
  • FOC-U official topiary expert
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 08 February 2014, 10:22:28 am »
Bit too heavy for my morning read - Christo, where are ya?!  :lol

I do wonder about people who say go and make your own opportunities though. Is it only people who have managed to that say this? Don't the conditions, as well as the individual's attitude have to be right to do this? Oh well, I must just be a thick bastard then.... :\

Us workers whinge about our lot - that's just what we do, it keeps us happy  :)

slimwilly

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 08 February 2014, 06:55:04 pm »
yes nick !!!

then we all hugged and went for a pint

Slaninar

• GP Hero
  • Lookin' like a streak of lightnin'
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
    • BikeGremlin
« Reply #30 on: 09 February 2014, 08:11:03 am »
"Carl Marx believed that there are two major outcomes of prolonged capitalism. The first outcome is the gradual formation of a smaller and wealthier social class (the capitalists). Because the wealth of society continues to accrue to this wealthier class, the increasing wealth of society is controlled by less and less. At the same time, weaker capitalists gradually sink into the lower class of laborers. The second outcome is the alienation of workers. While workers produce more and more wealth, they turn poorer and weaker to the point they become mere commodities."

It will get worse and worse. Perhaps those 19th century Luddites were not so crazy after all. Unions and strikes are the only way for workers to fight for themselves, although Union leaders are often bribed and working for the capitalists actually, while pretending to be fighting for the workers.

Best way to rule is to divide people. I'll always remember when in secondary school some thugs came to beat a guy from our class. We all stood behind him and said - you fight one on one, or we all come in. They gave up.  Some years later, in the army, 5 older idiots were harassing 50 new ones. Without problem. What was the catch? 50 new recruits came from different parts of the country and didn't feel united, connected. So as long as the thugs didn't harass all 50 at the same time, but picked one by one - there was no problem.

So one must make sure to divide people. When train drivers are protesting, make people hate them, for the inconvenience, not support them. Later, when professors start strike, train drivers will remember no support and not help professors get their rights. Make people not feel as one, but divide. Starving in Africa - who cares?! Taxi drivers having problems - just make sure they don't block the streets in protest, I need to go to work. My wage is cut this year in half - no one but me cares, just as long as I don't inconvenience them with my whining...
« Last Edit: 09 February 2014, 08:21:01 am by Slaninar »
Most things done in a hurry need to be done again - patiently.

pilgo

• Club Racer
  • wyrd bio ful araed
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT 09 TRACER
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 09 February 2014, 12:16:21 pm »
a point that seems to escape the 'im alright jack' brigrade is that when us peasant workers go on strike,  we lose a days pay,and so you dont strike willy nilly,you strike after months/often years of shit 'management' and bullying/harasement. the days of red commie wankers getting the workers to walk cos 'someone looked at em wrong' are thankfully long gone,but every strike ive ever been involved with in my 32 years with Royal mail have been long drawn out events that have led to a legal ballot-the fact that every ballot has returned a massive YES vote shows that the cause was true and NEEDED.

yes,strikes cause inconvience to other people but some times in life you have to stand up for yourself and your workmates,cos if you dont no one else will,the post about the classmates standing up for the kid being bullied was spot on.

put it this way,if we was out on a foccers ride out and some cager knocked off one of us,would the rest of you ride round the downed foccer or would you all stop and help? and if that caused the road to be blocked,causing hold ups for the other cagers,would you give a toss? no,your'd be more concerned for the welfare of the poor foccer who's been hurt.its the same to me,you look out for yer mates/work collegue's and if some fuck wit does'nt get it,then sod em  :evil

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
  • FOC-U official topiary expert
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 09 February 2014, 12:30:00 pm »

put it this way,if we was out on a foccers ride out and some cager knocked off one of us,would the rest of you ride round the downed foccer or would you all stop and help?

Suuuuch an opportunity for some shit-stirring here - resist, RESIST, RESIST.....Phew, crisis over!  :evil :lol

pilgo

• Club Racer
  • wyrd bio ful araed
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT 09 TRACER
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 09 February 2014, 06:20:16 pm »

put it this way,if we was out on a foccers ride out and some cager knocked off one of us,would the rest of you ride round the downed foccer or would you all stop and help?

Suuuuch an opportunity for some shit-stirring here - resist, RESIST, RESIST.....Phew, crisis over!  :evil :lol

do it!!  ;)

ChristoT

• Alleged Foc-u Daphnis & Chloe expert
  • GP Hero
  • Fluent in English, French and bullshit!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - Saab 9-3, caravan, hang glider
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 09 February 2014, 09:09:25 pm »

Cough, cough....
The Deef's apprentice

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 12 March 2014, 07:52:50 pm »
We've lost two good Union men in the last couple of weeks,

Mick Abbot - http://www.independent.co.uk/news/obituaries/michael-abbott-9179828.html

Tragically Bob Crow - http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2014/mar/11/bob-crow

And earlier in the year Hugh D'Arcy - http://www.scotsman.com/news/obituaries/obituary-hugh-d-arcy-union-leader-and-bricklayer-1-3283178

Those who slag of the Unions might want to read their obituaries.  If you are getting a decent rate of pay, an eight hour day, paid breaks and holidays, decent welfare facilities, a safe work environment etc etc etc etc etc, well it's probably down to folks like Mick, Bob and Hugh along with all those members whom supported them. 

It is of course particularly sad too loose Bob so suddenly.  I think it's a big loss, we need more trade unionists with the intelligence, wit and negotiating skills that Bob possessed, and of course above all his absolute integrity.

The RMT membership increased from less than 60,000 to over 80,000 during Bob's time as leader.  Speaks for itself really.

A lot of folks will miss Bob. 

esetest

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - MotoguzziV7racer
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 12 March 2014, 08:33:07 pm »
Bob Crow was generally respected and  loved by his members , says it all really . Its a shame there  aren't more people like Bob who was prepared to fight for fair pay and conditions .

lew600fazer

• GP Hero
  • There is only one form of racing, road racing.
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - 2017 MT-09 Tracer ABS
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 12 March 2014, 11:17:52 pm »
Well Boris was on TV saying he was a decent Chap, bet Boris is happy all the same to see the back of him. Agreed we need more like him employers are getting away with murder these days. And all you feckers who moan it is tough being an employer , try getting by on a basic salary.
MT-09 Tracer for those who no longer can handle a BIG boy Fazer

slimwilly

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 13 March 2014, 06:04:11 am »
It is dog eat gog out there,

sad news about Bob,did his job well according to his members.

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 13 March 2014, 07:50:38 pm »
Well Boris was on TV saying he was a decent Chap, bet Boris is happy all the same to see the back of him.

I won't shed one single tear over her death.  She destroyed the NHS and destroyed industry in this country and as far as I am concerned she can rot in hell  - Bob Crow commenting on the death of Thatcher.

Boris is a lying Tory wank.

Hamos

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 14 March 2014, 09:15:40 pm »
This is a quote Boris should have made, " I won't shed one single tear over his death.  He tried to destroy the London Underground and commerce in London, and as far as I'm concerned he can rot in hell"  Boris commenting on Bob Crow's death.  I'm pretty sure that is what he would be thinking!

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 15 March 2014, 06:19:24 pm »
I don't think that's what he would be thinking, Boris might give the impression of being a bit of a buffoon, but it's just an act and a distraction.

The problem with what Boris said, and perhaps Boris thought people would too stupid to notice, is that yes, Bob was indeed an honourable man and one that stuck up for his members.  It's very revealing that Boris should say so, and I do believe he meant what he said.

risticuss

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 15 March 2014, 10:48:23 pm »
Inappropriate topics for dinner conversion,

Religion and politics,

You'll always upset someone...

johnnyg

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 15 March 2014, 11:28:31 pm »
Too true! Religion and politics the biggest precipitants of mass murder in history.

ChristoT

• Alleged Foc-u Daphnis & Chloe expert
  • GP Hero
  • Fluent in English, French and bullshit!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - Saab 9-3, caravan, hang glider
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 16 March 2014, 01:00:49 am »
Too true! Religion and politics the biggest precipitants of mass murder in history.

Oh shit here we go...  :lurk
The Deef's apprentice

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile

slimwilly

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 16 March 2014, 07:22:28 pm »
do any unionists take any notice of what the general puplics veiw is?

esetest

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - MotoguzziV7racer
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 16 March 2014, 08:30:28 pm »
The unions job is to protect its members , not to curry favour with Joe Public .

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 16 March 2014, 08:37:16 pm »
do any unionists take any notice of what the general puplics veiw is?

Trade Unionists are the general public.

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Triumph Speed Trip & Tiger 800
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 16 March 2014, 10:29:33 pm »
Trade Unionists are the general public.

Unfortunately a dwindling proportion .......
Capitalism is about maximizing profit and to distribute it between the owners of the capital. The main way of achieving that is to minimise the cost of production, which in a labour intensive industry means reducing the workforce and suppressing wages.
Hence the need for unions.