Date: 20-05-24  Time: 10:13 am

Author Topic: Will ITV / C4 pick up the ball?  (Read 1701 times)

Farjo

• Consultor de administración
  • GP Hero
  • Admin alumni
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
Will ITV / C4 pick up the ball?
« on: 25 November 2013, 01:14:14 pm »
ITV shows BSB on ITV4 a few days after the racing and C4 has only a short show comprising mostly of fat men watching monitors.

But with MotoGP gone to pay TV there will be a load of fans that want to watch racing but, for whatever reason, won't take out a BT Sport subscription. So there is an opportunity for these channels to pick up new viewers. They are after all both great racing.

Is there any news on their plans for next year? Are they going to make them more prime-time or will they waste this chance and leave their schedules as-is?

Skippernick

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
Re: Will ITV / C4 pick up the ball?
« Reply #1 on: 25 November 2013, 05:05:45 pm »
God i hope so Farjo.

I don't own a telly so only really watched Motogp on iplayer. I'm hoping someone will take up the slack even if they just show the race and no build up. I'm not aware of anyone doing this yet.
The only way i can see at the moment is through motogp.com, and paying 60 squids for a season video pass.
Red Heads - Slowly taking over the world!!!

Farjo

• Consultor de administración
  • GP Hero
  • Admin alumni
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 25 November 2013, 05:16:13 pm »
:agree no telly here either. Not too bothered about losing it, I'm sure there'll be something on the web. But it would be good if the other 2 were developed. Best of all worlds :)

ajmes1

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 14 December 2013, 12:01:50 pm »
I think, but don't quote me on it, I read a while ago that bbc will still show some races, similar to f1.

Wouldn't surprise me as bt and bbc have teamed up to buy rights to other sports.

headgonekneedown

• FOC-U Boris Yeltsin Impersonator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - ducati monster s2r
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 19 December 2013, 08:39:46 pm »
bbc struggled to show the moto gp when they had all the ace,s
so don't hold your breath.
just get bt broadband for a tenner.
watched the live feed on sky through bt channels of the Valencia test. and it was really good.

Lazarus

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 20 December 2013, 11:42:53 am »
im going to swap over to BT broadband. current supplier (Pipex - Now Talktalk) are "ok" but having some issues.

Broadband infinity just being rolled out in my area - to BT customers first.

in the new year, going to make the change and will get the racing along with it.
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - strawberries in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming - WOO HOO! What a Ride!"

* Crash.Net racing newsfeeds

MotoGP

World Superbikes

British Superbikes

RSS to JavaScript