Date: 19-04-24  Time: 11:06 am

Author Topic: I'm here.  (Read 1214 times)

polecat 1

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - 350lc
    • View Profile
I'm here.
« on: 18 November 2015, 01:49:38 pm »
Hi all, my name is Kev, polecat on a few other forums, from Scarborough. Current bikes are a 350lc, YPVS, 250F, 250F special in the making and a Fizzy. Last big bike I had was an FZR1000exup, but didn't really enjoy riding it as I always felt like I was just waiting to get either hurt or banned. As much as I enjoy riding the little two strokes I miss having something a bit bigger, and dare I say more reliable, for longer journeys, so, not wanting a missile but wanting a Yamaha of some sort, I have decided a 600 Fazer fits the bill. I much prefer the look of the earlier ones so it's likely that that is what I will be getting at some point. I'll let you know when it happens.

Kev.

Robbie8666

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Triumph NightStorm
    • View Profile
    • RNVMCC
Re: I'm here.
« Reply #1 on: 18 November 2015, 02:31:04 pm »
Welcome to the mad house!
obviously been around bikes enough to know how these forums work,
you'll find loads of useful info and loads of banter!
It ain't what you ride, it's who you ride with!!!

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 18 November 2015, 02:32:44 pm »
Hey Kev, welcome along

I get a bit of stick for downgrading to a trx.....but same thing i was scaring myself on my previous FZ1....never crashed it but had a few high speed near misses and always felt like i was pushing myself a bit too much.......niw im flat out everywhere with the throttle on the stops in every gear......yet when i look at the speedo im doing more normal ish speeds.

The old fazers are great bikes, i loved mine....only thing stopping me get another is variety & so many other bikes id like to try.......last year or the year before there were quite a few really nice ones for sale on here but i havent seen too many recently.......if i was to get another id look for a low mileage box eye that has had its sprocket nut upgraded, R6 shock mod already done and maybe some uprated springs although tbh i had good fun on that bike with the standard suspension.....oh and id look for braided lines and the fzs1000 rear blue spot caliper upgrade too.......apart from that even standard you easily do a few hundred miles a day. 8)
Easiest way to go fast........don't buy a blue bike

polecat 1

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - 350lc
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 24 December 2015, 03:04:55 pm »
Managed to get an FZS600, 2001 model, fairly local to me, only done 14000 miles, had it nearly 3 weeks now but not ridden it yet, always seems to be pissing down when I'm not at work.

FirstYamTwm

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - RF900RV+CB400SF
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 25 December 2015, 10:50:06 pm »
and here I was

polecat 1

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - 350lc
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 29 December 2015, 09:59:19 pm »
Here she is, pretty standard apart from the can and h/bars. Don't like the bars, someone has put Renthals on at some point but not keen on them.