Date: 27-04-24  Time: 22:33 pm

Author Topic: FZS1000 2002 Spares or Repair – non-running, 40k, Nice mods, £800  (Read 1130 times)

Walkerfromwolves

• Cager in Training
    • View Profile
Hello everyone,

Pictures to follow.

Sadly I am having to put my 2002 FZS1000 up for sale as spare or repair due to an electrical fault. The symptoms of the fault are that when turning the key there is no power to any of the electrical system despite having a well charged battery. I initially attributed this problem to the datatool alarm system which was subsequently disabled by an auto electrician, but the problem is still there. The issue was originally intermittent but has become worse with time. Sadly with an upcoming wedding and a mortgage to pay I can’t afford to invest further time or money into it to sort it out. For those who are electrically minded, this may be a very easy fix.

Mileage: 40,463 (at last MOT, clocks aren’t illuminating with the ignition as described above)
MOT Expires 6 April 2024 (Registration LY02 NUE if you wish to check it’s history on gov website)

The good:
The bike was a good runner until its recent electrical fault. I have owned the bike for the past 8 years or so (purchased from a forum member) and have done plenty of touring on it. Mechanically the bike is sound and it has some desirable upgrades to make it a very competent all round machine.
Full Monty Ivans Jet Kit
K&N Air filter
Beowulf end can
4XV R1 front end
Braided brake lines
R6 rear shock.
Givi rear rack.

The bad:
In addition to the electrical problem above the bike is nowhere near a show bike. Cosmetically it could use some improvement as it has scratches on the tank and tail unit.
Sadly the service history has been lost and only comes with a few notes found in it’s Haynes Manual, I have serviced the bike myself and ensured the EXUP valve has been greased yearly.

V5 is present and in my name. I would prefer to sell this as a whole machine rather than breaking for parts. The bike will need trailering away.
Price: £800.
Contact details: Mark, please PM

[remove number is this will get scraped/spidered by bots. - bkd)
« Last Edit: 07 October 2023, 02:17:17 pm by Walkerfromwolves »

Walkerfromwolves

• Cager in Training
    • View Profile
Re: FZS1000 2002 Spares or Repair – non-running, 40k, Nice mods, £800
« Reply #1 on: 07 October 2023, 02:08:44 pm »
Good afternoon all,

Please see attached some photos- I've added a video to the original post. Managed to get it running today but the electrical problem is still intermittent. Seat is included! I just had it removed to check a few other electrical things but still nothing obvious.
« Last Edit: 07 October 2023, 02:18:47 pm by Walkerfromwolves »