Date: 19-04-24  Time: 00:07 am

Author Topic: TFT Dash - First Ride  (Read 792 times)

Geowulf

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - TDM 850 Mk II
    • View Profile
TFT Dash - First Ride
« on: 22 October 2019, 08:54:00 am »
I took the plunge and bought the first TFT dash from Danny.

Here is what I found:

Hardware
  • The TFT screen and bezel has a decent build quality.
  • It was extremely easy to fit (three bolts and plug, find a place for the two button control and thermo sensor); it was especially easy for me as my bike is a streetfighter and has no fairing.
  • I mounted the two button control on the rearward side of the brake fluid reservoir with the supplied 3M double sided sticky patch, it looks like it's meant to be there.
  • I mounted the thermo sensor on the bottom edge of the screen bezel as I have no fairing.
Operation
  • As Danny says, it is plug and play, the only thing you need to do before use is set the mileage on the odometer.
  • The display is clear and easy to read with the option of several colour themes (my favourite is the yellow on black).
  • The menu is easy to access and operate with the two button control.
  • There are some minor software tweaks required (gear indicator not always displaying the correct gear). Danny is currently working on this and an update should be available shortly.
Opinion
It is a great improvement on the original clocks, it displays a lot more information than the original clocks and is customisable. The display is big and bold and easy to read and is a genuine head-turner.

Thank you Danny for all your hard work.
« Last Edit: 22 October 2019, 06:04:12 pm by Geowulf »
If it aint broke, make it better