Date: 27-04-24  Time: 18:29 pm

Author Topic: Cops doing a dangerous U Turn to catch a couple of bikes coming the other way  (Read 1155 times)

Camshaft

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Going downhill (Sydney's Old Pacific Hwy,, Northern side of " Pie In The Sky " for any locals reading), if not Google Earth it, great piece of road.

One minute before the decent a cop pulled out well in front of me so I just kept riding behind him when we began descending which involves several medium corners. When rounding a left 2 guys coming up the other way lean't right over and absolutely flying came past us in the other direction, they were really flying!!! .........A couple of corners later the cop decided to do a U-Turn over the double yellows and in the process nearly took out a P plater coming up the other way. This poor bloke had his rear locked up and was leaving a trail of smoke.

I pulled over and spoke to a guy on a new looking Bandit 1250 who was stopped by the side of the road only metres uphill from this event.  I asked him "did you see that cop nearly take out the P plater" he didn't. If he was 10 metres downhill he would have a box seat.

I rode back up to the Pie In The Sky hoping to see the P plater to console him but could not see him.

Obviously some cops are above the law and want to put their foot down just as much as any bike rider wants to wind on that throttle. A onboard video could have made an arse of those cops. Tested my new tank mount for my  camera today. Works a treat ebay [size=78%]zahangzixing2008[/size] ( item number if works  180856042303)[/size][size=78%] very cheap and very effective. No vibs very clear playback. Thick alumunium section for the FZS1000.[/size]
« Last Edit: 30 July 2013, 10:49:49 am by Camshaft »
where does the muffler go?

JZS 600

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - VFR 1200 FD
    • View Profile
Barstewards!

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
  • FOC-U official topiary expert
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
My old man did a police driving course when he was in the Met and he's one of the worst drivers I've ever had the misfortune to meet... :rolleyes

ChristoT

• Alleged Foc-u Daphnis & Chloe expert
  • GP Hero
  • Fluent in English, French and bullshit!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - Saab 9-3, caravan, hang glider
    • View Profile
My old man did a police driving course when he was in the Met and he's one of the worst drivers I've ever had the misfortune to meet... :rolleyes

And don't get me started on ex-RAF and army drivers!!  :rollin :rollin
The Deef's apprentice

stevierst

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - XSR900
    • View Profile
Oi, careful! Don't let me get my PTSD out of the box and go medieval on yas!
Stop polishing it and ride the bloody thing!!

ChristoT

• Alleged Foc-u Daphnis & Chloe expert
  • GP Hero
  • Fluent in English, French and bullshit!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - Saab 9-3, caravan, hang glider
    • View Profile
Oi, careful! Don't let me get my PTSD out of the box and go medieval on yas!

LOL! That was more an aside at Nick - can't speak for you, never met you!  :lol
The Deef's apprentice

stevierst

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - XSR900
    • View Profile
Yep, I'm crap too! Ex Army, and police advanced trained driver. Must be the services for ya. ::)
Stop polishing it and ride the bloody thing!!

keithfzs1000

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
those bikes could have been nicked ?? a robbery or killing?? not saying the uturn was correct but i know if it was my bike nicked and they did that i would be happy for them to wipe the p plate out to chase them lol
"Dont confuse my personality with my attitude My personality is who I am. My attitude depends on who you are..."

Camshaft

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Yes, p platers are easily replaced. There are new ones today, tomorrow and the day after  :lol   

But these cops were total fuckers and the cop behind the wheel probably had only just started shaving judging buy his lack of judgment. I've seen a 20 year looking cop get out of a highway patrol car before. If it was a local cop car running errands that would be ok.

My regards to all the good cops who only bust someone who is REALLY fucking up ;)
« Last Edit: 03 August 2013, 01:21:07 pm by Camshaft »
where does the muffler go?