Date: 27-04-24  Time: 13:18 pm

Author Topic: FZ6 S2 2008 NO LIGHTS ON DASH WHEN KEY IS ON  (Read 585 times)

Max737

• Cager in Training
  • Fz6 S2
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
FZ6 S2 2008 NO LIGHTS ON DASH WHEN KEY IS ON
« on: 25 January 2024, 07:22:11 pm »
Hello All

Admin, thanks for adding me.

I'm new to 600cc bikes and recently acquired a 2008 FZ6 S2 model from an auction. Unfortunately, the wires near the immobilizer and ignition were cut due to hot wiring. I successfully soldered the wires back together, but upon turning the key, nothing happened. The small clock on the dash appears when I press a button, indicating power is reaching the dash.

I've checked and replaced the indicators fuse, ensured all other fuses are not blown, inspected the battery, which reads 12.4v without any voltage fluctuations when key turned ON.

I have checked the continuity from the battery and everything seems fine :(

I visited a nearby motorcycle dealership where I was informed about the possibility of the ECU being locked, which blew my mind. Seems like £££££

Is there a solution that doesn't involve replacing the entire ignition system with an immobilizer?

Could someone kindly guide me in the right direction to bring this bike back to life?

Edited to remove all sorts of control codes to make the post readable - GrahamM: Moderator
« Last Edit: 25 January 2024, 08:20:54 pm by Grahamm »

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
    • Affordable Leather Products
Re: FZ6 S2 2008 NO LIGHTS ON DASH WHEN KEY IS ON
« Reply #1 on: 25 January 2024, 08:24:18 pm »
I've not heard of the ECU being "locked", but there may be a problem with the Immobiliser.

You can buy an Immobiliser emulator which might help fix the problem.

There's also thread on the 600 Riders forum from a few years ago that might be of interest:

Besides the immobilizer there may be another problem with the bike that is very common from attempted theft when that involved cutting the ignition switch wires. Shorting those wires can damage the diodes in a relay assembly called the, "Starter circuit cut-off relay assembly" This unit is next to the headlamp relay and costs about $35 US. It interrupts fuel pump/injection power and starter ability when specific safety protocol are not met.

https://600riders.com/threads/fz6-immobilized-problem.58844/