Date: 22-05-24  Time: 13:33 pm

Author Topic: Maxxis Diamonds Tyres  (Read 2464 times)

sure2ride

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Fazer8
    • - Royal Enfield
    • View Profile
Maxxis Diamonds Tyres
« on: 02 April 2013, 11:12:18 am »
Looking for a new set of tyres for my fazer 8. My Yam dealer recommending Maxxis Diamonds as good grip and hard wearing?
Anyone used a set of these or have any views on them?
Muchachas gracias  :)
If you want to give God a good laugh, tell him your plans.

sure2ride

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Fazer8
    • - Royal Enfield
    • View Profile
Re: Maxxis Diamonds Tyres
« Reply #1 on: 02 April 2013, 12:43:14 pm »
OK, sorry to be a pain :o   used the search box and did some reading....going for the Bridgestone 023  full set £225 fitted. Gonna get them  now as sun is shining  :)

padster247

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Fz600
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 02 April 2013, 12:46:05 pm »
Here you go. Hope this helps

Maxxis Supermaxx Diamond tyre test review on a Z1000 | www.visordown.com

BBROWN1664

• Administrator
  • GP Hero
  • Should get out more!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tracer 900
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #3 on: 02 April 2013, 01:01:13 pm »
So on a dry track they appear to be OK (assuming it was the track making the bars wobble not the tyres) but no idea what they are like on a wet diesel splattered road.
Another ex-Fazer rider that is a foccer again

JoeRock

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 02 April 2013, 01:23:35 pm »
Looking for a new set of tyres for my fazer 8. My Yam dealer recommending Maxxis Diamonds as good grip and hard wearing?
Anyone used a set of these or have any views on them?
Muchachas gracias  :)

They are quite good actually, I wouldn't put them as having quite the outstanding wet grip that the Pilot Road 3s have, and if you really get a shift on (I do mean almost dry track day levels of shifting), then you can feel the tyre "flexing" a bit - it's a bit of an odd feeling but they never let go!
They are (or were when a mate of mine was looking) a fair bit cheaper than the main alternatives too, but the main reason I ended up with the Michelins was that I just preferred the "feel" I had with them!

sure2ride

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Fazer8
    • - Royal Enfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 02 April 2013, 07:05:49 pm »
Thanks for the replies. Just had a bit of a panic as I'm off for a long weekend in a couple of weeks and didn't think the current 021's had enough tread on them. (Previous owner only did 5.2K on them and they really squared off. Sould have paid more attention when I bought the bike from the dealer Oh well. My local dealer recommended the Maxxis, but I had never heard of them so had a quick look on internet, then searched this forum and decided to go for the Bridgestone 023's. I could have got the pilot roads for another £25 but in the end decided to stick to Bridgestone as I have always had them (although not 023's) ! Dumb reason I know, but there you go!
I wanted to get them today cos the weather is really good, did 99.1 miles on the new tyres, and no need for the heated grips...fine day  :D
Thanks for commments and lets hope the good weather (down here in the South anyway) gets even better. :)

ghostbiker

• Muck Spreader
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - GSX600F Katana
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 02 April 2013, 11:48:32 pm »
I tend to stick with pilot roads 2 or 3 but was happy with the 023 when I tried a set, but found the front wore very fast and a odd profile. Grippy though and good wet n dry.
Heard mixed reports on the maxxis, some love some not so much. If I was just doing work runs I would try a set but I like to play as well :)