Bikes, Hints'n'Tips > FZ6 / Fazer

2003 vs 2004 model

(1/3) > >>

Cruiser89:
Hello! can anyone tell me what is the difference between a 04 Fazer and a 03 one? Im looking to buy a fazer and I heard different stories about these two... my friend sais that older models are more reliable and faster from newones so anything up to 2003 is good (thats his opinion:P) . From what I read there has been some changes since 2007? (less BHP) I really like the looks of a 2004 model but I dont know whether I should go for a 2003 or 2004 Fazer...

is 2004 model better or worse from a 2003 fz6?

Cheers!

AdieR:
'03 will be the last of the line Thundercat-powered (carb-fed) FZS6 Fazers (killed off by emissions rules), replaced in '04 by the R6-powered (albeit detuned) (fuel-injected) FZ6 Fazers.

The general consensus is that the older Fazers were nicer to ride (carb-fed, so no snatchy fuelling at low speeds), although some will no doubt disagree.

The 2007 (S2 models) brought a few changes: new swingarm, bolt-on pillion pegs (rather than the previous welded-on ones), slightly different front mudguard, differences in the fairing, different clocks, 4-pot monobloc brakes from the R6 (rather than the 2-pot sliding pin calipers), and a different fuel map.

breadlord:
The 2007+ models have also lost about 20 horses for the standard version.

AdieR:
IIRC, the '07-on was "retuned" for more midrange - the "numerical" lower power is probably a trade off.

TCLeics:
I just bought an 04 FZ6, was originally looking for an earlier model, but after seeing the FZ6 under seat twin exhaust system as opposed to an exposed chrome exahust, it convinced me 04> was the one to go for.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version