Date: 17-05-24  Time: 15:42 pm

Author Topic: Tatty thou  (Read 916 times)

squitbit

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Tatty thou
« on: 10 August 2012, 12:00:20 am »
Hey fellas and ladies, I've had my Gen 1 thou since Nov 04, new then. Since then it's taken me on a coupla continental trips and never missed a beat. Due to circumstances I've had to rely on it for daily transport so it now has 61 plus thou on the clock, battered tank, dirty, cracked nose fairing, Devilsyam has seen it and and almost cried. But the bits that matter are fine, still pulls like a train, ivanised by Mike in 05, R6 shock.  I'm seriously thinking of selling. I'm 54 tomorrow and don't think I can handle another winter of commuting 300 plus miles a week. It's got a good set of BT023's, recent new front pads ( Carbone Lorraine A3+) serviced regularly by me, ( I do know what I'm doing!) Any idea what I can ask for it? I swear the bike is sound, despite the looks. I'll get some pics on here when I can. Just thought I'd offer you guys an option for a restoration project or just as a winter hack. I won't sell to just anyone, I want the bike to be looked after like I used to be able to afford to. Any comments welcome.

know your limitations

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Re: Tatty thou
« Reply #1 on: 10 August 2012, 01:53:26 am »
It's rubbish when your bike's usage isn't what you planned for, whichever way it works.
Either by not getting out enough or having to use it more than you'd like. I feel for you.
When you've put up some pics, I'll chuck in another two pen'orth re: value :)
The fact that you can, doesn't always mean you should.

I NEVER watch Emergency Bikers for the emergencies...

devilsyam

• GP Hero
  • Veteran fazer modder
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - streetfighter
    • View Profile
Re: Tatty thou
« Reply #2 on: 10 August 2012, 10:26:10 am »
Squid you have pm I feel a project coming on I have a turbo kicking about lol no honest I have
www.Devilsyam.com (Fazerpedia)