Date: 30-04-24  Time: 14:47 pm

Author Topic: insurance  (Read 2160 times)

rjd1

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
insurance
« on: 15 July 2012, 07:05:26 pm »
who do we all use
mine is up for renewal and has more than doubled with no changes ;)
mce quoted £172 but is there a cheaper one or better linked to this site forum discount that sort of thing

cheer`s

tomlinscote

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Re: insurance
« Reply #1 on: 15 July 2012, 07:35:50 pm »
Hiya,
I had the same shock with this year's renewal so I searched for compare motorcycle insurance on google and there are loads of compare the market type sites for bikes. I got mine down to £87 and that wasn't the cheapest but gave me the things I need foreign travel protect NCB etc I think the site I used was bikeinsurance.co.uk
Happy form filling!!
P

« Last Edit: 15 July 2012, 07:37:35 pm by tomlinscote »

solorider

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 15 July 2012, 08:11:52 pm »
i pay £126 fully comp with a quote,that is with protected ncb and also riding other bikes

AdieR

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 15 July 2012, 08:52:16 pm »
I usually use Aviva, they've generally been quite competitive.
Sometimes insurers will offer a better price if you go to them as a "new" customer, rather than accepting their renewal quotes.

james43

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - A cage eugh
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 15 July 2012, 10:47:46 pm »
Dial Direct for me 5yrs no claims £86.00 proper bargain I think.

dickturpin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 15 July 2012, 11:21:17 pm »
I ended up with these guys

http://www.motorcycledirect.co.uk/

Not used them before but £97 FC inc Business use and protected NCB.....oh and only £50 xs.

D

ghostbiker

• Muck Spreader
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - GSX600F Katana
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 15 July 2012, 11:27:29 pm »
I was with motorcycle direct untill my off last month and now as the bike is cat C they won't insure my bike. So had to go with another company (forget who right now) at 3x the cost because its cat C
But they have handled the claim well.

Rustyz nutzz

• CBT Wobbler
  • Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • - R1 - modified
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 16 July 2012, 04:00:37 am »
I always check on Bike insurer and then ring my broker , I found it £127 cheaper on line quote with Bike insurer..... and it was my own insurance  company :rolleyes  so I rang them back and asked how come??
They were great no arguement so I'm with Motorcycle direct again. 198.00 Fully comp and a modified R1 with extra's included .  :D
If it's got more than 2 wheels it's a car!

DryRob

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - SV650s
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 16 July 2012, 08:30:57 am »
I've just renewed, the price I was offered was the same as anything I could find after a quick look round on the compare sites even with my mods added in so I took it. Don't know how or why but my base premium went up despite having an extra year no claims bonus, bastids.
thou shalt not kick

steeeve66

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - KTM SD 990, CBR600FS, CB500
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 16 July 2012, 10:09:33 am »
I was with MCE and the premium doubled at my last renewal, service was pretty dreadful too and i'll not bother with them again. I'm with Bennets now at a fraction over what my original MCE price was. I have 3 bikes on my policy tho which, obviously, does make a difference.
Someone sent me a postcard picture of the earth. On the back it said, "Wish you were here."

Steven Wright

Lazarus

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 16 July 2012, 10:23:00 am »
havent managed to protect my no claims yet (had a claim for the last 2 years although the last was no fault)

when i came to renew last year, i had an open claim. they put my insurance up to £752 (bastards) which i refused to pay and SORNd the bike instead.

once the claim was settled, i used comparethemarket to find a quote for £220 which include EU cover, Helmets and leather cover, roadside recovery, legal protection and life cover. this was CHEAPER than the previous year.

can i got a cuddly toy from Compare the market too :)
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - strawberries in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming - WOO HOO! What a Ride!"