Date: 17-05-24  Time: 13:38 pm

Author Topic: new bike  (Read 7440 times)

ade the blade

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - xl1000v varadero
    • View Profile
Re: new bike
« Reply #25 on: 14 May 2012, 09:41:28 am »
ah yes it worked.........your thoughts please peoples...good, bad or funny  :)
are you sat down...........then we`ll begin ! i have never seen such a crappy piece of sh*te in all me life. tucked up big time there mate.  :groan  only kidding, ya tarty bimbo. cracking looking machine. looks like a nice buy. well done mate. have fun fettling the little darling. good health to enjoy. ride safe ;) :thumbup

cheers ade......handle bars to sort first,ill take some more pictures,parhaps from behind the bike so you lot can see the bars,i`ll start another post and see what all you other foccers have fitted  ;)
:groan ...............please dont put us all through more handlebar misery, pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeze. :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin oh, i`ll start things off. I had handlebars fitted to her bike too. crucial bit of kit :lol

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600,CB400/4,X7,CB250
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 14 May 2012, 07:57:24 pm »
ade,ive taken the picture now..........ill start a new thread as i think they are way to wide but i could be wrong......sorry mate,iam going to do it now................
One, is never going to be enough.....

know your limitations

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 16 May 2012, 12:30:58 am »

cheers kyl.........yes happy with the old girl,lots of bike for the money.....how long you had yours  :)

I bought my latest one in mid-March this year Red. I got my first on New Years Day and had it for a whole 17 days until a guy in an Astra thought it would look better embedded in the side of his car (a story for another post).
I bought the old one back off the insurance for £95 (not a typing error) and flogged it on ebay.
The pic is the only time I had both in my possesion. I'd just got home with the new(er) one and dragged the old one out ready for the guy who bought it.
You can't really tell it's that damaged in the pic but it was proper bent and written off.
I'll leave the smart arses to ask, "which one's which then?" :lol
« Last Edit: 16 May 2012, 12:33:03 am by know your limitations »
The fact that you can, doesn't always mean you should.

I NEVER watch Emergency Bikers for the emergencies...

Tmation

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 16 May 2012, 03:55:21 am »
What screen do you have fitted to the bike in the second picture?

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 16 May 2012, 06:39:56 am »

nice bike kyl...£95 bargain...looks like you`ve got foam grips on the new bike,are they any good  :)

know your limitations

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 16 May 2012, 05:10:50 pm »
That's the Genuine Yamaha Touring Screen. Not as pretty as the Puig smoked double bubble fitted to the old one in pic 1 but it is awesome (no exaggeration) for high speed cruising. I get more of a draught if I leave the window open in my lounge, even when doing 100+.
It also comes with a surround which fills in the gaps around the clocks which I think makes the dash look neater.
If you're an arse in the air speed freak then it's high profile will probably knock a fair amount off your top end but for me it's perfect.
When I picked the bike up, I'll admit I thought, "That's the first thing to go", but a 35 mile ride home on the M56 and M6 had me sold and it's definitely a keeper.
The Puig was good to a point but not even in the same ball park for all-day comfort.

know your limitations

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 16 May 2012, 05:27:56 pm »
nice bike kyl...£95 bargain...looks like you`ve got foam grips on the new bike,are they any good  :)
Similar to the screen, they were on the bike when I bought it and wouldn't have been my first choice but I was really impressed with them.
Super comfy with good throttle feel and unless I'm imagining it, really warm too. Not, heated grips warm, but miles better than standard.
As I ride all year, I've had to swap them for my old Hein Gericke heated grips so I have no use for them now.
I'd be happy for them to go to a good home for free though if collected or if P+P was covered.
I'll even give you first refusal Red  ;)

Tmation

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 16 May 2012, 05:46:31 pm »
I don't think it is a genuine Yamaha Touring screen , in fact I know its not, as I had one. That looks like one of the American made ones, but I have not seen one with a curve in it like that, they are normally like a barn door flat screen

That is the top half of a genuine Yamaha Touring screen added to a MRA Vario, which was horrible and a waste of time as it flapped about in the wind  :(

know your limitations

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 16 May 2012, 06:13:05 pm »
I don't think it is a genuine Yamaha Touring screen , in fact I know its not, as I had one. That looks like one of the American made ones, but I have not seen one with a curve in it like that, they are normally like a barn door flat screen
In that case Tmation, I'm happy to bow to your superior knowledge. This was one of those occasions where my logic took me to a well meaning but ultimately wrong conclusion  :rolleyes
As it was branded "Yamaha", and it clearly isn't for track days nor is it standard, I've made the massive mental leap that it was the touring screen, as it's unquestionably perfect for erm..... touring.
When I say "branded", it's got a Yamaha sticker on it.
There's no doubt that it's good quality though but short of dismantling it for any other distinguishing marks I'm afraid I can't shed any more light on it.
I can't be the only one to have one, but I'm sure even as we speak there's a Foccer out there ready to put us out of our misery.
Here's the view from the front.....

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 16 May 2012, 06:39:05 pm »
Similar to the screen, they were on the bike when I bought it and wouldn't have been my first choice but I was really impressed with them.
Super comfy with good throttle feel and unless I'm imagining it, really warm too. Not, heated grips warm, but miles better than standard.
As I ride all year, I've had to swap them for my old Hein Gericke heated grips so I have no use for them now.
I'd be happy for them to go to a good home for free though if collected or if P+P was covered.
I'll even give you first refusal Red  ;)

hi kyl....i`ll take you up on that offer,just let me know how much p&p is and how you would like to be paid and i`ll wizz the money to you.......ive been getting pins and needles in my right hand lately,these grips might help    :)

know your limitations

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 16 May 2012, 06:55:12 pm »
Red,
You've got a PM

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 16 May 2012, 07:14:08 pm »
Red,
You've got a PM

all done kyl......details in pm

cant believe nobodys suggested changing hands yet  :rollin :rollin

Tmation

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 17 May 2012, 06:07:59 am »
Didn't want to seem rude KYL, but was hoping you might have known or had paperwork from previous owner. I have seen one with the built in clock surround before but a long time ago. Maybe Falcon or Devilsyam will recognise it.

Normally (but not always) genuine Yam stuff is properly branded, like the USA touring screen here [size=78%]

And this is the usual American barn door offering 

I like the idea of a big screen for touring and I can carry a smaller screen with me for when I arrive at destination (I have a bargin Tech 7 screen for town and back road work)[/size]

Tmation

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 17 May 2012, 06:11:55 am »

Falcon 269

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Yamaha R1 1999
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 17 May 2012, 06:23:07 am »
Gustafson do an extensive range of touring type screens.  Could be one of theirs?

pitternator

• "I'll be back"
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 17 May 2012, 07:57:14 am »
it looks very much like the gen2 yam touring screen!
I had one on my gen2 and it looks very similar...I liked it  tbh...wonder if a gen2 screen would fit a gen1 ??

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 08 June 2012, 08:21:10 pm »
ive been looking for a standard can for the thou since i bought it and have just got one on ebay along with a standard screen.....all for £17.....iam happy with that  :D