Date: 17-05-24  Time: 04:46 am

Author Topic: FZ1 Supercharger  (Read 2938 times)

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
FZ1 Supercharger
« on: 26 July 2015, 09:54:38 am »
just thought id share this.....because it's raining outside n all that.

200bhp :eek

http://www.tts-performance.co.uk/#!yamaha-fazer-1000/c24fm
Easiest way to go fast........don't buy a blue bike

pilninggas

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
Re: FZ1 Supercharger
« Reply #1 on: 27 July 2015, 05:35:02 pm »
A lad from Soton has that kit over on 998cc.org.

I think he fitted it himself and then TTS dynoed it and set the PC5 up for him and it took a bit of playing. I believe a few guys over in Canada/US have also exported the kit.

If I had a bit of cash doing nowt, i'd consider it - the hard work has been done in the kit [plenum, supercharger drive system], the worst job is swapping out the head gasket for a thicker one, but even that is procedural and still less work than most car head gaskets - unlike some bikes a thicker head gasket does not chuck valve timing out either. Being EFI fueling is just a map and can be tweaked to really get it tuned correctly.

Run a bar of boost and have a real street sleeper......

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 27 July 2015, 05:43:18 pm »
I wonder how it affects longevity of the engine.....only folk i can see getting one is either someone like me with a bit of a ratty one ie doesnt give a foc if it lasts.....or someone with enough splashble cash to buy a new one so whats anothe 3k type thing.

Also not that it is my priority in life but would be keen to find out if economy gets better...i always thought that superchargers were economical........butbat the same time going full chat eberywhere with 200 brake i dont think would be :lol

I couldnt imagie my bike with another 50-60bhp.......thats a whole bikes worth on top of what i already have......id be ditching my Renthal high bars for sure.
Easiest way to go fast........don't buy a blue bike

pilninggas

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 27 July 2015, 06:01:50 pm »
I wonder how it affects longevity of the engine.....only folk i can see getting one is either someone like me with a bit of a ratty one ie doesnt give a foc if it lasts.....or someone with enough splashble cash to buy a new one so whats anothe 3k type thing.

Also not that it is my priority in life but would be keen to find out if economy gets better...i always thought that superchargers were economical........butbat the same time going full chat eberywhere with 200 brake i dont think would be :lol

I couldnt imagie my bike with another 50-60bhp.......thats a whole bikes worth on top of what i already have......id be ditching my Renthal high bars for sure.

I'd be inclined to think the engine and gearbox could handle it. That R1-variant engine was pulled apart by MCN years ago and was shown to be close to blueprinted in terms of tolerances. Early clutch weaknesses from the 90s were ironed out by Yamaha in their litre bikes, but maybe an uprated clutch might be worth a look. In R1 trim that engine revs quite a bit higher; i think TTS only produce these kits for engines they believe have the bottom end for the increased power without work being done to it. It would be interesting to compared EGTs between a normally aspirated engine and boosted versions at full chat and see if it is running significantly hotter.
« Last Edit: 27 July 2015, 07:09:14 pm by pilninggas »

hotmetal

• Weekend Warrior
  • Set Fazer to stun
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 27 July 2015, 11:22:23 pm »
Strewth! I wonder what the insurance company would make of that? "Any performance modifications sir?" "Erm..."
__
There's no replacement for displacement