fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
Re: Crash
« Reply #25 on: 02 February 2017, 04:09:31 pm »

Some might disagree, but I'd not have swerved, simply emergency braked and controlled the bike to stay upright.  I don't mean deliberately hit them, simply make a controlled stop with a blast on the horn.
Thats a tricky one without actually being there as there are times when an emergency stop is just not enough, many a creature has ran out infront of me at the last second and a swerve was the only thing that had saved me from having to clean up a right mess. And then I think after wards "how the Foc did I manage to swerve around that" 
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

Grant1Shepherd

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 02 February 2017, 04:10:09 pm »
The engine will be fine.

A guy recently drained the oil out of an old merc on YouTube and it ran for about 17 minutes before failing.  It actually takes a little while for the surfaces to run dry, so a few seconds will not impact anything.

As said, replace the side casing and all good.  Looks like the silencer will slide straight back on.  You could fix that up for less than £100 I reckon.

As mentioned above though, did the ped's not hang around to make sure you were alright.  Technically they have just left the scene of an accident, especially as you were avoiding them.  If you had a helmet cam with footage you could take them to small claims court to cover the cost of your bike repairs.  For the price to repair you may not be bothered about that though, but a helmet/bike cam is worth the investment for things like this.

Some might disagree, but I'd not have swerved, simply emergency braked and controlled the bike to stay upright.  I don't mean deliberately hit them, simply make a controlled stop with a blast on the horn.  It's easy for someone to nip out of the way of a bike compared to a car so probably wouldn't amount to anything.

Cheers thanks for the advice mate. I know exactly what video you're on about as well from CarThrottle  :lol

The exhaust could be put back on but I'm thinking to replace it now anyway with another brand :)

Sadly to answer the question i forgot earlier no the peds did not hang about, I don't remember much from the accident apart from what I've been told by another bypasser who said I came off, immediately crawled to the bike and turned it off (kill switch) bypasser had no idea what I was on about when I asked if it was kill switch :lol  and then apparently just screamed in agony holding my right arm, apparently I did shout at the peds who ran across the road to help me but she said that 4 people she recalls ran off down another street (I'm not angry about this, just disappointment in human compassion).

Thank you for the tip about just braking next time, I will take that on bored and remember it in case it happens again, I only swerved as I remember being told to avoid sudden incidents like that when I did my A2 Testing in the summer last year.

Grant1Shepherd

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 02 February 2017, 04:11:57 pm »

Some might disagree, but I'd not have swerved, simply emergency braked and controlled the bike to stay upright.  I don't mean deliberately hit them, simply make a controlled stop with a blast on the horn.
Thats a tricky one without actually being there as there are times when an emergency stop is just not enough, many a creature has ran out infront of me at the last second and a swerve was the only thing that had saved me from having to clean up a right mess. And then I think after wards "how the Foc did I manage to swerve around that"

Sadly I only have my word for it and my memory is a little all over the place from my head smacking off the road but from what I recall they did just run out of nowhere, it was so dark on the path and my light was green I didn't see them until they were less than 10 feet in front of me, and at 30mph I just did not have time to brake

celticdog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 02 February 2017, 07:02:52 pm »

Sadly I only have my word for it and my memory is a little all over the place from my head smacking off the road but from what I recall they did just run out of nowhere, it was so dark on the path and my light was green I didn't see them until they were less than 10 feet in front of me, and at 30mph I just did not have time to brake

Any crash you can walk away from is a 'good crash' grant  :)
It's good that you focus on the bike, by the time you get it fixed up you'll be ready to get back in the saddle.
Treat everything in life the way a dog would- if you can't eat it or foc it, forget it.

Chris

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 02 February 2017, 11:05:20 pm »
I've got a standard 600 exhaust in good condition in the shed if you need it. I'll not be putting it back on as I do love the sound of my blueflame can.

PM if you're interested.

Chris

It wouldn't be fun if it was easy, I just wish it wasn't this much fun.

Grant1Shepherd

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 03 February 2017, 04:02:52 pm »

Any crash you can walk away from is a 'good crash' grant  :)
It's good that you focus on the bike, by the time you get it fixed up you'll be ready to get back in the saddle.

I know buddy and I should be more grateful about how lucky I was, just can't help thinking about the bike :'(
I will get it fixed up and be back riding in no time I promise that :).

Grant1Shepherd

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 03 February 2017, 04:04:09 pm »
I've got a standard 600 exhaust in good condition in the shed if you need it. I'll not be putting it back on as I do love the sound of my blueflame can.

PM if you're interested.

Chris

Thanks for the offer Chris, honestly I really appreciate that, I'm gonna replace it with an SP one I've wanted for some time (no better time than now I suppose) but nice of you to offer mate :).

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Triumph Speed Trip & Tiger 800
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 03 February 2017, 04:46:36 pm »
I've got a standard 600 exhaust in good condition in the shed if you need it

So have I, so's Graham53. I think there are more standard exhausts sitting in sheds and garages, than there are on bikes  :)

Chris

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 03 February 2017, 05:15:21 pm »
No worries, Might well get an aftermarket one now as you say.  :)

Hahaha, mtread, you are probably right!

Chris

It wouldn't be fun if it was easy, I just wish it wasn't this much fun.

ogri48

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - XJR1300 , evo fatty
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 05 February 2017, 09:03:12 pm »
Seconded, the engine will be fine mate, and sorry for your spill. Get it back on the road and come spring I'll Fill and paint it for free if you want, finished in 2k lacquer as long as I've got the basecolour you want in stock. Did it for another feller on here a few years back in a similar predicament, his bike was a helluva state, been attacked with a hammer.
« Last Edit: 05 February 2017, 09:06:05 pm by ogri48 »

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 05 February 2017, 11:16:45 pm »
Seconded, the engine will be fine mate, and sorry for your spill. Get it back on the road and come spring I'll Fill and paint it for free if you want, finished in 2k lacquer as long as I've got the basecolour you want in stock. Did it for another feller on here a few years back in a similar predicament, his bike was a helluva state, been attacked with a hammer.
Fantastic offer there, from all the Focers ---- what a community we have here on FOC-U   
« Last Edit: 05 February 2017, 11:27:46 pm by fazersharp »
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

HarryHornby

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 06 February 2017, 02:13:31 pm »
I've got a standard 600 exhaust in good condition in the shed if you need it

So have I, so's Graham53. I think there are more standard exhausts sitting in sheds and garages, than there are on bikes  :)

Don't listen to any of them...... I have a stock exhaust sitting in my garage..... LOADS better than all those other stock exhausts that have been offered.......have mine!  :D
Money doesn't buy happiness, but it buys beer, and that helps!

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 06 February 2017, 04:21:01 pm »
Don't listen to Harry his is off a Red Boxeye, don't fit his as it will not help with your top speed, but, with saying that yours is a slow red one anyway.

Grant1Shepherd

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 06 February 2017, 11:36:34 pm »
Don't listen to Harry his is off a Red Boxeye, don't fit his as it will not help with your top speed, but, with saying that yours is a slow red one anyway.

Aha you lot are all mental  ;)  love FOC-U so much

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 07 February 2017, 12:41:00 am »

If he had a fast silver one he would have been long gone before those pedestrians even got out of their house.

Grant1Shepherd

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 07 February 2017, 01:29:32 pm »

If he had a fast silver one he would have been long gone before those pedestrians even got out of their house.

Haha can't argue with you there you've got me  ;) :lol

Fazer99

• Club Racer
  • Private sign do not read
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - VFR800FI
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 07 February 2017, 02:11:15 pm »
Glad you're OK and on the mend.

If you're looking at replacing your brake and Clutch leavers I have some original ones sat in my garage that you can have as well as the original bar end weights.

Don't listen to tommy as we all know that the red ones are the fastest. He wont admit it but his is a red one really but it's just still in the primer stage  :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin
RIP my beautiful red beast 1999 to 2017 😭🏍😭

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 08 February 2017, 11:21:54 pm »

If you're looking at replacing your brake and Clutch leavers I have some original ones sat in my garage that you can have as well as the original bar end weights.

Don't listen to tommy as we all know that the red ones are the fastest. He wont admit it but his is a red one really but it's just still in the primer stage  :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin

Oooohhhh! Below the belt ref

Fazer99

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - VFR800FI
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 09 February 2017, 07:31:13 am »

Oooohhhh! Below the belt ref

:book I checked with the ref he consulted the rule book and it's been allowed  :rollin :rollin :rollin

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 09 February 2017, 08:13:34 am »
I bet it's a bloody European ruling, when we pull out I'm going to lodge an apeal.  :rollin 

Fazer99

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - VFR800FI
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 09 February 2017, 08:45:34 am »
I bet it's a bloody European ruling, when we pull out I'm going to lodge an apeal.  :rollin

and when we pull out I'll agree with the appeal. However, the fact of the matter is that really you know I'm right  :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 09 February 2017, 05:02:36 pm »
Ooooooowwww OK! :'(

There is no such thing as a Silver FZS 600 only one in Primer.

I will write it out 25 times

OK I can't be arsed with this but I have learned my lesson.
But I still think in FZS 600 in PRIMER is still the fastest. :lol

Fazer99

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - VFR800FI
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 09 February 2017, 05:21:47 pm »
Ooooooowwww OK! :'(

I will write it out 25 times

OK I can't be arsed with this but I have learned my lesson.
But I still think in FZS 600 in PRIMER is still the fastest. :lol

:rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin

Grant1Shepherd

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 09 February 2017, 06:26:42 pm »

Thanks fr the kind offer mate, shouldn't need to replace the clutch level as the bike went down or it's right and sadly I've order brought a new brake lever  :rolleyes . Thanks anyway mate really appreciate the offer  :)

Fazer99

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - VFR800FI
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 10 February 2017, 07:28:00 am »

Thanks fr the kind offer mate, shouldn't need to replace the clutch level as the bike went down or it's right and sadly I've order brought a new brake lever  :rolleyes . Thanks anyway mate really appreciate the offer  :)

No probs buddy, hope you manage to get the bike back up and running soon. When I came off my last bike I cracked 3 ribs and I managed to repair the bike before I was repaired as like you my focus was on the bike, funny thing is that the doctors told me that I wouldn't be able to ride again for at least 3 months, to which I went home and said FOC that and 6 weeks later after I repaired the bike I was out riding again, it hurt like hell leaning on the bends especially as it was a sports bike  :lol