Date: 21-05-24  Time: 00:12 am

Author Topic: REMOVE YOUR HELMET!!!  (Read 39148 times)

bigralphie

• 6 Million Dollar Foccer
    Scenic Pisser
    FOC-U Equine Entrepreneur
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - ZZR1400
    • View Profile
Re: REMOVE YOUR HELMET!!!
« Reply #100 on: 19 September 2014, 03:00:37 pm »
I can see how you got your board name now  :lol
Its just a ride

Frosties

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tiger 900, CBF 1000,Bandit 650
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: 03 March 2016, 06:36:00 pm »
I appreciate this is a very old thread but does anyone happen to know the current BP policy regarding having to remove your helmet.

The last I heard it was NOT a BP policy. Is it down to the individual manager to apply at their discretion? Seriously pissed off at moment after being to BP garage near Tesco's in Wokingham and told told to remove mine (left nozzle on floor and left). 1st time ever in last 13 odd years and I fill up all over the place including this garage 3 times a week.
« Last Edit: 03 March 2016, 08:09:05 pm by Frosties »
Those are my principles...if you don't like them I have others.

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: 03 March 2016, 06:53:52 pm »
I've never removed my crash helmet in any garage before, and never been asked to either!
More people are born because of alcohol than will ever die from it.

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Triumph Speed Trip & Tiger 800
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: 03 March 2016, 11:45:58 pm »
I tend to use 'pay at pump' to avoid this problem.

As said before in this thread, in this cold wet weather the last thing you want to do is take your helmet off.

Solution is to calmly put the nozzle down on the floor and ride off to the next petrol station !

midden

• Operation Foc-UTree
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Falcon Stealth
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: 04 March 2016, 12:24:57 am »
Putting the nozzle back in the pump and riding away would get the point in protest across without being thought a prat .........
just a thought ;)

Is  it worth the hassle in the hope the next station will allow helmet on.
Women have chocolate men have bikes.....
including ones who like chocolate....;)

Exupnut

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
REMOVE YOUR HELMET!!!
« Reply #105 on: 04 March 2016, 02:04:26 am »
I just take off my lid to fill up then put it back on and go and pay.  The reason they ask you to take it off is that if one of us were to foc off without paying the cashier has to pay the fuel loss out of there wages which I think is very unfair.
« Last Edit: 04 March 2016, 02:10:46 am by Exupnut »
Just flapping about on this stagnant little pond on the outer rim of the internet.....yup....  :-))

the cueball

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - zx12r, H2, RC51, MT09, Pan
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: 04 March 2016, 07:17:35 am »
never been asked to remove my helmet for fuel once... in the UK or mainland Europe...

I think some of you foccers just look dodgy!  :rollin

:b

Frosties

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: 04 March 2016, 08:06:53 am »
never been asked to remove my helmet for fuel once... in the UK or mainland Europe...

Could be right fella - 3 or 4 young lads on motocross 125's I can understand but a guy in Rukka gear on a CBF.

I just take off my lid to fill up then put it back on and go and pay.  The reason they ask you to take it off is that if one of us were to foc off without paying the cashier has to pay the fuel loss out of there wages which I think is very unfair.

I get that Exup but if I drove my car in with a sodding great beard, sunglasses and baseball cap on you just know you'd get served....or even anyone wearing a Burka. Remove it wouldn't even be mentioned. So, discrimination for NOT being of a certain religion or looking like a hillbilly??

Wasn't in the mood to go and argue the toss with the bloke and we're not talking about a young girl on her own in a remote filling station who would be scared - I get that and would remove my helmet.

This garage is well used, well lit and on a main drag. I've also used this same garage 2/3 times a week for the last 13yrs so not happy in the slightest - only filled up there with no issue on Tuesday at similar time of 6pm. Am off today so going back tonight when hopefully the same bellend is on shift to ask what the crack is.

midden

• Operation Foc-UTree
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Falcon Stealth
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: 04 March 2016, 10:42:06 am »

Could be right fella - 3 or 4 young lads on motocross 125's I can understand but a guy in Rukka gear on a CBF.

I get that Exup but if I drove my car in with a sodding great beard, sunglasses and baseball cap on you just know you'd get served....or even anyone wearing a Burka. Remove it wouldn't even be mentioned. So, discrimination for NOT being of a certain religion or looking like a hillbilly??

Wasn't in the mood to go and argue the toss with the bloke and we're not talking about a young girl on her own in a remote filling station who would be scared - I get that and would remove my helmet.

This garage is well used, well lit and on a main drag. I've also used this same garage 2/3 times a week for the last 13yrs so not happy in the slightest - only filled up there with no issue on Tuesday at similar time of 6pm. Am off today so going back tonight when hopefully the same bellend is on shift to ask what the crack is.
So it's okay for you to discriminate but not okay for them ;)

Frosties

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: 04 March 2016, 11:14:32 am »
Go on then Midden - take me to school about my discrimination :thumbup
« Last Edit: 04 March 2016, 02:06:16 pm by Frosties »

Exupnut

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: 04 March 2016, 12:29:23 pm »
Frosties....just wear a burka under your foccin lid ....sorted :-)
Just flapping about on this stagnant little pond on the outer rim of the internet.....yup....  :-))

slappy

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT09
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: 04 March 2016, 01:08:24 pm »
The reason they ask you to take it off is that if one of us were to foc off without paying the cashier has to pay the fuel loss out of there wages which I think is very unfair.

I thought that was illegal now.

Frosties

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: 04 March 2016, 02:11:26 pm »
Frosties....just wear a burka under your foccin lid ....sorted :-)

Already got the Mrs on that one.....may have to visit tomorrow  :lol

The reason they ask you to take it off is that if one of us were to foc off without paying the cashier has to pay the fuel loss out of there wages which I think is very unfair.

I thought that was illegal now.

Illegal to ask me to remove it? This is what I'm trying to find out - if it is then happy days. Any info appreciated  :D

Wear one of these under your lid.  :lol

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Meltdown-Mask-Burned-Melted-Skin-Fancy-Dress-Halloween-Adult-Costume-Accessory/251659858731?_trksid=p2045573.c100033.m2042&_trkparms=aid%3D111001%26algo%3DREC.SEED%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20131017132637%26meid%3De794201c53584cbdaa344b9b6dbce33d%26pid%3D100033%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D4%26sd%3D251659858731

Laughing my nuts off here.....and there's a fancy dress place down the road  :lol :lol . Decisions decisions - mask with a Burka and then helmet ????

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: 04 March 2016, 02:59:34 pm »
Can't find any recent up to date info, other than some Tory politician who wanted to ban the burka but in doing so would mean lids being removed too so as not to be biased.
Our politicians are too weak to ban anything remotely muslim so that won't ever happen.

That's not to say a garage worker using their own discretion can simply refuse to turn the pump on if they don't like the look of you, which i think is what you or me would do too if you were in their position.
What i tend to do is not look at them whilst waiting for the pump to be turned on to lessen the chance of them asking me to remove it.

I s'pose you have to remember it only takes one wanker to go into a garage and do something silly wearing a crash helmet and it will totally spoil it for everyone else. For all you know the young person in the shop could've been robbed the week before, so you can't go too hard on them if they ask you to remove it, even if it is an inconvenience.
More people are born because of alcohol than will ever die from it.

Frosties

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: 04 March 2016, 03:04:39 pm »
Can't find any recent up to date info, other than some Tory politician who wanted to ban the burka but in doing so would mean lids being removed too so as not to be biased.
Our politicians are too weak to ban anything remotely muslim so that won't ever happen.

That's not to say a garage worker using their own discretion can simply refuse to turn the pump on if they don't like the look of you, which i think is what you or me would do too if you were in their position.
What i tend to do is not look at them whilst waiting for the pump to be turned on to lessen the chance of them asking me to remove it.

I s'pose you have to remember it only takes one wanker to go into a garage and do something silly wearing a crash helmet and it will totally spoil it for everyone else. For all you know the young person in the shop could've been robbed the week before, so you can't go too hard on them if they ask you to remove it, even if it is an inconvenience.

Just happened to me a male Asian bloke about 40ish. Delusions of grandeur and position me thinks.

BBROWN1664

• Administrator
  • GP Hero
  • Should get out more!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tracer 900
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #116 on: 04 March 2016, 03:38:00 pm »
I have never been asked to remove my crash helmet in a petrol station and always leave mine on.
The law doesn't say you have to as to do so would require veils to be removed too. It is just down to site (or individual cashier) policy.
Drive off's, contrary to what some are saying, do not get paid for by the cashier but by the business. When they are only making about 1p per litre on the stuff, it take a lot of fuel sales to recover any stolen fuel value.

The worst stories I have heard of are the ones where the cashier lets you fill up with the lid on, lets you queue up with your lid on but then refuses to take your CASH until you take off the helmet. That is just power crazy.
Another ex-Fazer rider that is a foccer again

Mick-H

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: 04 March 2016, 03:45:17 pm »
Not often I swear on a public site but this quote from Frosties, referring to people looking dodgy and taking helmets off is an absolute fucking stunner.

I'm lost for words, please someone tell me I'm reading this wrong.
3 or 4 young lads on motocross 125's ...... according to Frosties look dodgy sorry lads take your helmets off.
someone else not actually sure of age but because he or she has Rukka gear on and rides a CBF100 no mate your ok you can keep your helmet on.
I must be reading it wrong surely!!!

« Last Edit: 04 March 2016, 03:53:04 pm by Mick-H »

Gnasher

• Foc-u Brake Doctor
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - ZX10R, XJR1300, X10, GSF1000GT
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: 04 March 2016, 03:45:58 pm »
The worst stories I have heard of are the ones where the cashier lets you fill up with the lid on, lets you queue up with your lid on but then refuses to take your CASH until you take off the helmet. That is just power crazy.

In this case leave your name and address with them and leave, phone the local police and explain.  They refused to take your money, you've not committed any offence as you've tried to pay and left your details and reported it.
Later

lew600fazer

• GP Hero
  • There is only one form of racing, road racing.
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - 2017 MT-09 Tracer ABS
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: 04 March 2016, 04:26:57 pm »
If told to take your helmet off , turn your back and remove your helmet, wear one of these underneath, should be amusing.

I posted the thread on the MT-09 forum and this was one reply!!!!!!!

Yes, late at night whilst attempting to obtain petrol from a pay at the pump machine that had already approved my credit card.
 The female cashier inside the locked garage wearing a black head covering with just an eye slit refused to activate the pump until I'd removed my helmet stating it was company policy.
 I removed my helmet to reveal my own head covering with just an eye slit (balaclava) to be told she wasn't serving me until I could be identified - this is with my credit card details already obtained and my registration number quite clearly in view of the cctv camera.

A row ensued, the police arrived after the panic button was activated and I was politely directed to another petrol station (I was unaware of) just over a mile away.
 PS the balaclava on the whole time, and I believe the woman was either sacked or transferred after my letter of complaint arrived.
« Last Edit: 04 March 2016, 11:42:36 pm by lew600fazer »
MT-09 Tracer for those who no longer can handle a BIG boy Fazer

Frosties

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: 04 March 2016, 06:13:21 pm »
Not often I swear on a public site but this quote from Frosties, referring to people looking dodgy and taking helmets off is an absolute fucking stunner.

I'm lost for words, please someone tell me I'm reading this wrong.
3 or 4 young lads on motocross 125's ...... according to Frosties look dodgy sorry lads take your helmets off.
someone else not actually sure of age but because he or she has Rukka gear on and rides a CBF100 no mate your ok you can keep your helmet on.
I must be reading it wrong surely!!!

You're reading this wrong! Take the cashier's perspective.

Frosties

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: 04 March 2016, 06:15:02 pm »
If told to take your helmet off , turn your back and remove your helmet, wear one of these underneath, should be amusing.

Like it.....a biker Burka. :lol

midden

• Operation Foc-UTree
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Falcon Stealth
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: 04 March 2016, 06:21:01 pm »
At times it can be inconvenient to the point of being annoying but those times i tend to use pay at pump. Besides, I think when raining it's more hassle taking gloves off than it is the helmet and at the end of the day, who goes in to banks and shops with it on.

dazza

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - MT10
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: 04 March 2016, 06:49:33 pm »

slappy

• GP Hero
    • Main bike: