Date: 22-05-24  Time: 15:17 pm

Author Topic: next stage from scooter  (Read 6150 times)

Punkstig

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
Re: next stage from scooter
« Reply #25 on: 01 August 2013, 08:13:45 pm »
this is what my comprehensive insurance says for my tiger 1050
Mr David Wildman - The insured, who may also drive for Third Party cover a motorcycle not belonging to him and not hired to him
under a hire purchase agreement in respect of which no Insurance is afforded to him under any other Insurance applying to such motorcycleso does this mean im insured if theres no insurance on the other bike??

No, you are not covered because the other bike is privately owned and requires its own insurance to be on the road.
Just take your insurance in as per the producer requirement and don't say anything, if its questioned about the other bike then say as far as you were concerned it wasn't on the road, if pushed you could say the bike was taken there in a van but if you go down this way you're opening up a can of worms which if pushed could result in perverting the course of justice!
« Last Edit: 01 August 2013, 08:20:47 pm by Punkstig »
Some say...

ddtwelve

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - triumph tiger 1050
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 01 August 2013, 08:50:07 pm »
punk cant say that police saw us ride onto the industrial estate arrr

Punkstig

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 01 August 2013, 10:16:05 pm »
Partly why I said you're opening a can of worms- obviously its not going to be the officer that saw you that you'll be showing your documents to, any idea what information he wrote down- is it specifically for that bike or has he simply asked you to go prove that you're insured?
Some say...

ddtwelve

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - triumph tiger 1050
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 01 August 2013, 10:41:18 pm »
it was for the bike but ill plea I thought I was insured with my bike hence why I was driving so might be fucked depends what the original police officer says as my partner said that she phoned that day to insure from 8 but buttons wasent pressed it seems

Punkstig

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 02 August 2013, 08:09:55 am »
it was for the bike but ill plea I thought I was insured with my bike hence why I was driving so might be fucked depends what the original police officer says as my partner said that she phoned that day to insure from 8 but buttons wasent pressed it seems
Was you stopped after 8?
Insurers record all phonecalls, if what you're saying is correct and the phonecall confirms cover from 8 then that can be used in your defence, no point getting a fine etc if you have the evidence.
Are you saying you've got back in contact with the insurers and they say its not covered with regard to button pushing?
Some say...