Date: 18-04-24  Time: 12:51 pm

Author Topic: New trousers for wearing on the bike  (Read 1751 times)

nakedadder

• "Fat lad from Derby"
    imageSept 08
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Triumph Tiger 1050
    • View Profile
New trousers for wearing on the bike
« on: 17 August 2012, 11:02:06 pm »
Looking to buy some new trousers soon, and will be considering leather as well as textile. I've never had leather ones in the past, and looking around on t'internet it seems that leather trousers are designed to be worn with the leg bottoms inside yer boots. No good for me, as I've got chunky calf muscles and there's definitely no room inside my boots for anything other than me.
Has anyone got any recommendations for any leather trousers which can be worn outside the boot and still look stylish?
Sent from a fat foccer sitting in front of his pooter

AdieR

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
Re: New trousers for wearing on the bike
« Reply #1 on: 17 August 2012, 11:28:52 pm »
I've got Rayven leather trousers and tend to wear them over rather than under boots (I find leathers under boots are foccin uncomfy).

Beware however, some zips aren't keen on being stretched over boots - try before you buy.

Khaotik

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 17 August 2012, 11:44:01 pm »
Richa TG1 or Richa Ballistic

karlo

• WSB Pack Hound
  • By Fazer I Fly!
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Swadlincote, S.Derbys
    • View Profile
    • UK Bikers
« Reply #3 on: 17 August 2012, 11:45:18 pm »
got mine from JTS @ Coalville.

Lazarus

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 18 August 2012, 08:13:33 am »
ive got a pair of RKSports leathers which have a double zip at the bottom of the leg.
one zip does the usual and opens the bottom of the leg to let you get it on. the other expands the bottom "hole" and allows them to be fitted over the boot.

like these :http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/rk-sports-armoured-leather-bike-trousers-/110935196276?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Clothing&hash=item19d440c274
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - strawberries in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming - WOO HOO! What a Ride!"

nakedadder

• "Fat lad from Derby"
    imageSept 08
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Triumph Tiger 1050
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 19 August 2012, 04:48:57 pm »
Richa TG1 or Richa Ballistic

Like the look of the TG1's, will have to find a local stockist and check some out  :)
Sent from a fat foccer sitting in front of his pooter

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 19 August 2012, 05:51:00 pm »
I got a set of Scott leathers a few years back.  I find it hard to get anything to fit me right.

So I got measured up at The Scottish Bike show, and got to specify what I wanted -  stretch panel only on the rear of the knees, no perforated leather bits and chose the liner I wanted. 

Cost me 550 quid for jacket and trousers.  Dominator Jacket and troosers I think it was.

The downside was it was a bit of a wait to get em.  And take some breaking in!  Just getting them on the first time was a laugh.  And if you are more of a summer sunny Sunday rider you might not be too keen on them as the leather is seriously extra heavy duty and is rather sticky off the bike on warmer days.   On the other hand, great on cooler days and they hold up against the rain surprisingly well for leathers.

Oh and if you do get measured up, pay attention, they do more racers than anything else, so I kept saying 'add a wee bit more on - eh?'  Those racers must like em real tight, I felt mine were was neat as I'd like to go.

Some have moaned about customer service, but I got a good product at a great price.

http://www.scottleathers.co.uk/default.asp

MEM62

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 19 August 2012, 10:45:41 pm »
I have Scott leathers too and highly recommend them.  Well made and excellent value.