Date: 01-05-24  Time: 16:04 pm

Author Topic: Intercom  (Read 1107 times)

Andy FZS

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Intercom
« on: 15 August 2012, 10:28:56 am »
Does anyone use an intercom? Are they any good? Are some better than others? Should some be avoided? Any info or experiences good or bad of intercoms appreciated.
Thanks
Andy :)

Lazarus

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
Re: Intercom
« Reply #1 on: 15 August 2012, 02:25:34 pm »
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - strawberries in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming - WOO HOO! What a Ride!"

bwizz

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600 02
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 17 August 2012, 10:31:42 am »
I have only used cheepo ones but I have found then very good. for a while I was using home made headsets (made from small microphone and walkman speakers)  The very cheep ones with boom that clips to your ear are very hard to get into the helmet and tend to dig into the side of your head . these are ok up to about 50mph. I am using an oxford bike mike one at the moment , this was bought cheep on e bay . this is good up to around 65 mph on a still day.
I have some amplifier/ controll units from the very cheep units if you want to make your own .

MEM62

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 17 August 2012, 10:56:34 am »
My girlfriend has recently taken to riding pillion so I purchased a set of Interphone Bluetooth headsets.  They were easy to fit and are really clear.  Recommended.   

Andy FZS

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 17 August 2012, 03:01:17 pm »
Is "Interphone" a specific brand as I've seen several on Ebay, which are yours and do you have an approx idea of price.
Cheers
Andy :)

MEM62

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 19 August 2012, 11:08:41 pm »
Interphone is a brand.  I have a pair of F4 units as these have all the functionality I need.  Tested so far up to around 80 mph and clear enough.