Date: 20-05-24  Time: 19:31 pm

Author Topic: speeding query  (Read 2804 times)

maddog04

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Pan ST1300
    • View Profile
speeding query
« on: 25 February 2017, 03:42:33 pm »
think I've been collared by a scamera van today, looked on google maps at where he was and he's on a single yellow line but I'll have to go down and see if there's a quantifying plate on the roadside or can the Police park where they like?
I didn't think they could operate outside of the law to catch you but we're talking about traffic here, not catching threats to the State!

have tried attaching an image of the area but if anyone knows the area around the new tunnel on Scotland Rd Liverpool, he was parked at the bottom of Juvenal St where it meets Scotty Rd. There's a fixed camera further back up the road where there's a built up area but the road opens up where the tunnel egress road comes onto Scotty. Can only think this is a pure revenue scam as no pedestrians cross the road here (railings across bottom of Juvenal St and no crossing across Scotty

about 50 in a 30 so expecting a NIP if he's got me
fire never sleeps

nordboy

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Re: speeding query
« Reply #1 on: 25 February 2017, 03:51:04 pm »
Looks like a solid white line rather than a single yellow line. If it's white then there is no parking restrictions. I can't seem to post images for some reason. If you use your google street map and look at the markings they seem to change from double yellow to single white.
« Last Edit: 25 February 2017, 03:58:18 pm by nordboy »

acid drop

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Yamaha MT-09
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 25 February 2017, 04:18:55 pm »
  I think these guys can park almost anywhere.

BBROWN1664

• Administrator
  • GP Hero
  • Should get out more!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tracer 900
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #3 on: 25 February 2017, 04:47:29 pm »
Nordboy - I suggest you have a read of the highway code again.

Solid white lines are clearways/ nothing to stop plod parking there though.
Another ex-Fazer rider that is a foccer again

maddog04

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Pan ST1300
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 25 February 2017, 04:47:47 pm »
I'll take a trip down there if a NIP arrives and have a look
fire never sleeps

maddog04

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Pan ST1300
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 25 February 2017, 04:52:45 pm »
it looked a single yellow to me when I googled the image

BB I've only ever seen double yellows on a clearway.......solid whites for no overtaking or do not cross, there's a side street by me with a perpendicular side street with bollards and a no entry sign into the perpendicular one. There's a solid white line from the main side street to the bollards which in effect means you cannot enter into the small area before the bollards.....but cars park up in there!
fire never sleeps

nordboy

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 25 February 2017, 05:05:55 pm »
Nordboy - I suggest you have a read of the highway code again.

Solid white lines are clearways/ nothing to stop plod parking there though.

Really? And there was me thinking that white lines can show the edge of carriageway and a clearway was when there is  a solid centre white line on one or both carriageways and is indicated by a circular blue sign with red outer and red cross in it. All these years!!
« Last Edit: 25 February 2017, 05:07:59 pm by nordboy »

Graham53

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • - FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 25 February 2017, 05:13:05 pm »
Was it a speed camera van or a tax/insurance check anpr one ?? Or did you not see, if memory serves me they have to put up warning signs at set distances to warn you they are operating speed cameras.

dickturpin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 25 February 2017, 09:58:55 pm »
In my view a solid white line has been marked to deter indiscriminate parking but there will be no traffic regulation order to support it or create an offence.
Yellow would be a different matter.

Cwodavids

• Cager in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 25 February 2017, 10:40:16 pm »
As a blue light driver I can tell you that you get 3 dispensations in law.

- Break the speed limit, where appropriate.
- Treat red traffic lights as a give way.
- And can drive right of a keep left sign.

Every other part of the Road Traffic Act has to be adhered to. When parking in an emergency then it may be necessary to park in less than ideal places however this is only to be for as long as is required for the emergency. If the emergency is resolved/de-escalated then you have to move your vehicle. If there is an accident caused as a result then regardless of how stupid the other driver is, the blue light driver will be held liable.

Cwodavids

• Cager in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 25 February 2017, 10:50:35 pm »
Oh and on a separate note, dont be a tw*t and drive at 50 in a 30! If you hit anyone it is almost certain you will kill them... Save the stupid speeds for the country or motorway where you are likely only to kill yourself 😀

Having attended numerous accidents over the years and seen the utter devastation that is caused to everyone involved and their families.

It is just not worth going to jail over or having guilt for the rest of your life about the 5 year old whose head you caved in and was unrecognisable to his parents just because you wanted to get somewhere 2 mins early. Trust me it is not something you wanted etched into your brain. Save the high speed for places that people are unlikely to be and pay the £140 to do your advanced riding with IAM. It doesn't mean you can ride like a tw*t but it will help you see dangers before most other riders will

Anyway, rant over! It's been a tough few months 😳
« Last Edit: 26 February 2017, 12:24:48 pm by Cwodavids »

lew600fazer

• GP Hero
  • There is only one form of racing, road racing.
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - 2017 MT-09 Tracer ABS
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 26 February 2017, 10:01:57 am »
Scotty road has seen it's fair share of carnage over the years. I think it was about 5 years ago some twat took out a couple of women using a crossing don't think they even stopped. Also coming out of the Wallasey tunnel it is like whacky races with nob heads jockeying for position.
MT-09 Tracer for those who no longer can handle a BIG boy Fazer

maddog04

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Pan ST1300
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 26 February 2017, 11:17:11 am »
Oh and on a separate note, dont be a tw*t and drive at 50 in a 30! If you hit anyone it is almost certain you will kill them... Save the stupid speeds for the country or motorway where you are likely only to kill yourself 😀

Having attended numerous accidents over the years and seen the utter devastation that is caused to everyone involved and their families.

It is just not worth going to jail over or having guilt for the rest of your life about the 5 year old whose head you caved in and was unrecognisable to his parents just because you wanted to get somewhere 2 mins early. Trust me it is not something you wanted etched into your brain. Save the high speed for places that people are unlikely to be and pay the £140 to do your advanced riding with IAM. It does mean you can ride like a tw*t but it will help you see dangers before most other riders will

I am an advanced rider already and do see the dangers ahead of most, there's a very slight brow to this road just enough to keep the van out of site. My doing 50 was because the road opens up to near dual carriageway, infact; it becomes about 5 or 6 lanes with turn offs to the right. The bit further back in the distance is a 30 with fixed cameras each side of the road and pedestrian crossings. I don't think its justified as a 30 once through that bit. I'll take it on the chin if I have to and you're right about speeding btw, but the road doesn't justify a 30 and its a scamera's paradise.......once bitten!

fire never sleeps

maddog04

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Pan ST1300
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 26 February 2017, 11:24:16 am »
Was it a speed camera van or a tax/insurance check anpr one ?? Or did you not see, if memory serves me they have to put up warning signs at set distances to warn you they are operating speed cameras.

dunno, just clocked the black window at the back but it wasn't open so maybe my luck's in (can they record through the back black window or does it have to be open?)

no signs other than those for the fixed roadside cameras further back
fire never sleeps

maddog04

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Pan ST1300
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 26 February 2017, 11:30:32 am »
lew, the carnage was on/near the crossing.... is where the fixed cameras are now.....bus stop by the Church where everyone used to get off for Greaty market.
Where he's parked is just after the exit from the tunnel and at first I thought he was actually in the chevrons (I missed him as there was a broken down car in the chevrons with his boot and bonnet up..... infront of the van!!! and I was looking at him (maybe it was his best attempt to block the camera lol)
saw the van, saw me speed, thought...Bollox :lol
fire never sleeps

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 26 February 2017, 02:24:46 pm »

dunno, just clocked the black window at the back but it wasn't open so maybe my luck's in (can they record through the back black window or does it have to be open?)

no signs other than those for the fixed roadside cameras further back

They wouldn't record through a closed window, they really don't need to be that devious.
More people are born because of alcohol than will ever die from it.

Dudeofrude

• GP Hero
  • Rude, Crude and Tattooed
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 26 February 2017, 07:11:54 pm »
If they were using a radar gun thingy then it has to be clear air between you and the device, glass would distort it and possibly give an incorrect speed. That's the reason you never see them at the side of the road when it's raining as it's too hard to get a decent lock with all the movement in the air 🖖