Date: 27-04-24  Time: 19:57 pm

Author Topic: Thinking of a Fazer 8  (Read 904 times)

Pal

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
Thinking of a Fazer 8
« on: 27 April 2023, 09:31:33 am »
Hi
Further to my post on another page about having my FZS600 Fazer stolen, it has since been recovered trashed, so thoughts turn to a replacement.
Thinking of a Fazer 8, but want to know what to look out for.
Things I've heard about so far are the rear shock being awful and the dip beam only acting on one light.
Suspension mods on 13 plate and later bikes.
Anything else I should know about.

I've read that they were unpopular when new as were quite expensive, but the second hand market shoul dhave ebvened things up by now.
Looking at getting around 13 plate

Soonmixdin

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      Fazer8
    • View Profile
Re: Thinking of a Fazer 8
« Reply #1 on: 04 May 2023, 02:05:55 pm »
Sorry to hear about your FZS600, sad that another classic goes to the scrapyard due to thievery.

Bought my Fazer 8 back in 2020, paid £4250 for a 14 plate minter with low mileage, Givi rack and box, heated grips and gear indicator fitted too.

Came to this from an SV650 and was so impressed at the build quality, power and finish on the bike. Can't comment how you would feel coming from the FZS600, but I think you'll like it?

Have original rear shock on mine and have to say I have no complaints about rideability or comfort, but then everyone has their individual tastes.

Pal

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
Re: Thinking of a Fazer 8
« Reply #2 on: 15 May 2023, 01:20:38 pm »
Well I took the plunge and now have a 2014 with under 20k, arrived a couple of days ago.

Went for a Sunday ride with some mates, and was quite impressed.

Handles well, and smooth over the potholed roads.

A couple of things, the seat isn't as comfy as the 600, and the tank capacity is down from 22 litres to 17, meaning instead of filling up every four days of my commute, it will be every there.

Also there id not a lot of space under the seat for a scottoiler. Where do other Fazer 8 owners put theirs?