Date: 18-05-24  Time: 01:39 am

Author Topic: bouncey rear shocker  (Read 949 times)

Metal Merv

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
bouncey rear shocker
« on: 15 March 2016, 06:18:26 pm »
took fz1 out and gave it bit more on the corners than I have been sunday.i found it had me out of the seat couple of times.that made me think rebounding to quickly.also had some very spongy moments or should I call it wollowing.the wollowing made me think spring to soft so up I went with preload it made no difference.i then tried uping the compression still I have the same probs.can it be that I need a harder spring.i weigh a very light 14 stone dry.any ideas anyone.i have seen things about putting r1 or r6 rear shock on.has this worked for anybody. :rolleyes

devilsyam

• GP Hero
  • Veteran fazer modder
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - streetfighter
    • View Profile
Re: bouncey rear shocker
« Reply #1 on: 15 March 2016, 07:31:01 pm »
Gen2 the r6 sadly won't work the r1 unit works with an adapter more info on usa site
Otherwise it's after market I'm afraid
www.Devilsyam.com (Fazerpedia)

JoeRock

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 15 March 2016, 10:02:42 pm »
Put the year of your bike up mate and I'll check the spring rate for it - will be able to let you know how close it is.
In general though the FZ1 shock isn't particularly good from what I've experienced, for my (10 and a bit stone weight) it was relatively seriously oversprung and also underdamped, best (but most expensive) bet budget allowing is to buy a decent aftermarket shock for it. My personal vote would be one of the Nitron range

Metal Merv

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 17 March 2016, 06:00:13 pm »
my bike is an 07 model.its like the spring is to soft and making it pogo.thanks for your post fello fzer