Date: 05-05-24  Time: 13:56 pm

Author Topic: New 04 FZ6 Owner With a Few Questions.  (Read 2850 times)

Bonner

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
New 04 FZ6 Owner With a Few Questions.
« on: 19 March 2012, 10:56:18 am »
Afternoon all. I picked myself up an 04 FZ6 (15k on the clock, full service history, dry weather bike with rack, topbox and a Scottoiler!) yesterday after my Kawasaki ER-5 blew the engine on Friday. From the test rides and general inspection it seems like a cracking bike and a massive step up from what I had before, however I have a few questions.

1) Common problems, what are they? Anything I should keep an eye out for?

2) Is it possible to buy 33bhp restrictors for these as unfortunately I'm still on my restricted license for another couple of months.

3) Anything else new owners need to know?

I'm a bit mechanically inclined with plenty of tools, so I'm not afraid of doing a bit of wrenching myself if need be  :lol

Cheers all!

clanadam

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Re: New 04 FZ6 Owner With a Few Questions.
« Reply #1 on: 20 March 2012, 12:16:13 am »
Congrats on the purchase. Best advice is to have a trawl through the posts on the forum here - loads of good advice and tips to be found there.

I don't think there are many (any?) common problems on the FZ-6 so long as you look after it well.

Enjoy and ask away - the FZ-6 corner is rather quiet compared to the rest of the site - would be good to liven it up a bit!!

Bonner

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 20 March 2012, 08:52:48 am »
Well that's really good to hear about the problems actually. The ER-5 had a few crippling ones at times.

Tori

• Tent Pole Erector / Truck Hunter
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 20 March 2012, 02:16:13 pm »
I've had my 04 since new, and had no problems whatsoever, although it did have a new battery last season after bump starting ym friends Blackbird fried it lol (That may be something not to do...bump starting lol)

chaz

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 21 March 2012, 02:35:42 pm »
make sure that the front sprocket isn't loose, it's a fault on the 04-05 bikes, all it would have needed is a drop of loc-tite but because I didn't know about this fault its going to cost me a packet to put right.

It was sorted in the US free of charge when it went in for servicing but not here another case of "RIP OFF BRITAIN"

SEE MY OTHER THREADS.