Bikes, Hints'n'Tips > FZS600 Fazer

Fitting/Bending Replacement fuel lines

<< < (2/2)

unfazed:
The pipes from the filter to the fuel pump and fuel pump to carbs are no longer available, which immediately limits your options, but on the plus side do not have the range of bends the pipe from the tank to the filter has. Obviously buying OEM is the simplest option, but at a cost.  As stated previously a slightly longer pipe rerouted to prevent kinking is probably a good option.
You will need to be cautious with the connection to the carbs as this is plastic and can be prone to breaking as they become brittle with age. However these are still available, but usually need to be ordered.
Getting the correct I.D pipe and using a former to maintain the bend is probable the best option.
The pipe from the pump to the carbs has to able for pressure of 5psi as the pump operates at 0.2 bar about 3psi and therefore will need to be as thick as the Original pipe.
The sheath over the pipes can be removed with difficulty or alternatively use shrink wrap tubing as it is to prevent wear/damage from rubbing due to vibration.WD40 is your friend for reconnecting the pipes as it will not effect the pipes, but aids fitting, prevents corrosion and any excess will if it gets into the carbs and finally to the engine burn off.   
Try looking for the part number as NOS, New Old Stock or Yamaha Fuel Pipe NOS.

CountFazer:
Cheers Gnasher and unfazed for the replies. This is a massive help!

The fuel joiner solution seems like the easiest and will solve the leakage problem.

Although, I will probably replace all the old hoses due to wear around the ends of the hoses thanks to some impatience on my part when working on the bike. This is what caused my leak in the first place - lessons were learned. Thanks unfazer for setting out how to do this.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version