Bikes, Hints'n'Tips > FZS600 Fazer

Replacement Fuel Hose/Fuel Line

(1/1)

Friar:
My FZS600 decided to spring a pinhole leak in the pipe connecting the fuel tank to the fuel filter.

I bought a replacement hose from Halfords (8mm internal diameter) but it's not flexible enough to route through the same location as the previous pipe. It's reinforced and doesn't have the same bend radius.

Has anyone had any luck purchasing a suitable replacement fuel pipe online or at a brick-and-mortar store, that has the needed flexibility? Any recommendations?

The old pipe also had some kind of sheathing on it. Does anyone know what this is and whether a replacement hose needs it?

Thanks

BBROWN1664:
I used a similar pipe to you. Just make sure its long enough to compensate.

Friar:
Thanks for the reply! So you just looped in a slightly different position to the original? That might be a reasonable idea.

BBROWN1664:

--- Quote from: Friar on 20 September 2021, 08:49:45 pm ---Thanks for the reply! So you just looped in a slightly different position to the original? That might be a reasonable idea.

--- End quote ---
yep

unfazed:

--- Quote from: Friar on 19 September 2021, 06:52:34 pm ---My FZS600 decided to spring a pinhole leak in the pipe connecting the fuel tank to the fuel filter.
I bought a replacement hose from Halfords (8mm internal diameter) but it's not flexible enough to route through the same location as the previous pipe. It's reinforced and doesn't have the same bend radius.
Has anyone had any luck purchasing a suitable replacement fuel pipe online or at a brick-and-mortar store, that has the needed flexibility? Any recommendations?
The old pipe also had some kind of sheathing on it. Does anyone know what this is and whether a replacement hose needs it?Thanks

--- End quote ---
My reply in another post is also relevant here
https://foc-u.co.uk/index.php?topic=27123.msg327206#msg327206

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version