Date: 27-04-24  Time: 10:58 am

Author Topic: What the actual F.....  (Read 224 times)

b1k3rdude

• Foc-u Helpful Foccer
  • Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • - GSF 1250
    • View Profile
What the actual F.....
« on: 20 March 2024, 03:13:04 pm »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-68600346

As a motorcyclist of over 20yrs I am beyond furious at the complete and utter disregard and lack of respect shown in this ad. I have to ask, where the Marketing/advertising dept. at JDS drunk or on drugs when they created then approved this. How was it possible that at no point, was in a shred of common sense applied..?

It’s bad enough that they have portrayed and painted all young riders, a law breaking scumbags.  But how exactly did they magically think that trainers and tracksuits were somehow now safety equipment of any kind???. But this isnt the first time JDS has portrayed young people as irresponsible and having no respect for other people or their enviroment.

I know JDS aren’t exactly highbrow, appealing to the lowest common denominator. But seriously, what the actual F.

Complete and utter imbeciles.

« Last Edit: 20 March 2024, 04:56:49 pm by b1k3rdude »

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
Re: Whats the actual F.....
« Reply #1 on: 20 March 2024, 04:03:06 pm »

The complainants argue that a model in the ad is wearing shoes that would be unsafe to wear when riding a motorcycle, which is irresponsible."
Actually they are perfectly safe for riding - its crashing when they are not safe :lol
It actually might start the conversation how bike gear is considered fashion and not protection and is therefore subject to VAT

I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Triumph Speed Trip & Tiger 800
    • View Profile
Re: What the actual F.....
« Reply #2 on: 20 March 2024, 05:26:59 pm »

Unfortunately it's only helmets that are zero rated for VAT. All your boots, gloves, jackets, back protectors etc, even if CE approved, are 20% VAT

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
    • Affordable Leather Products
« Reply #3 on: 21 March 2024, 10:52:31 am »
I just found the ad on YouTube and it says at the bottom "stunts are performed by professionals, do not try at home".

But IMO any "professional" rider wouldn't be part of such a stupid advert that apparently promotes irresponsible riding in completely unsuitable footwear!

:foc

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 21 March 2024, 12:44:41 pm »
Although I do not condone such behaviour I have always thought it odd that you can be done for not having proper control of your bike if you are caught pulling wheelies when to pull a wheelie takes a lot of control of your bike - does it not  :lurk
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.