Date: 27-04-24  Time: 16:40 pm

Author Topic: BREXIT  (Read 226867 times)

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
Re: Just for VNA a brexit thread
« Reply #1775 on: 22 January 2019, 06:58:20 pm »
None of these are anything to do with Brexit......it's all down to saving money with cheaper labour.
And certainly, BREXIT will make UK labour cheaper with a weak pound and high unemployment.  The Tory party of course dream of a low wage economy.

Of course, to avoid import tariffs and quotas on major goods like cars quite a number of manufacturing companies have set up in the UK.  But if we leave the single market that takes away the very reason they came here.  They will leave too.

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #1776 on: 22 January 2019, 08:03:39 pm »
I saw in the news that car insurance is going up and one of the reasons quoted was brexit. Hows - that then.
I think there are a lot of people / companies using brexit as an excuse to hike prices.

I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Triumph Speed Trip & Tiger 800
    • View Profile
« Reply #1777 on: 22 January 2019, 10:39:40 pm »
I saw in the news that car insurance is going up and one of the reasons quoted was brexit. Hows - that then.I think there are a lot of people / companies using brexit as an excuse to hike prices.

Think you are right, and if we were to stay they'd probably use that as an excuse as well.
Noticed in the news Brittany Ferries are moving people's existing bookings so that they can provide extra freight, in case there's No Deal after 29 March.

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #1778 on: 23 January 2019, 09:38:31 am »

Who are Remain trying to influence with their Project Fear lies?.

The referendum is over and they already have Parliament on side. The Commons is stuffed full of Remainers who are going to see that Brexit never happens, Deal or No Deal.

If there's another referendum and Leave win again (highly unlikely due to Leave voter apathy) Parliament will still reject the result.

The only result that will ever be accepted is Remain and they'll just keep us voting until they get the answer they want. I think they've done this before elsewhere.

The trouble is Remain are going to demand further integration after all this is settled.

Millietant

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Apr RSV, FJ1200, FZS1000 & 600
    • View Profile
« Reply #1779 on: 23 January 2019, 11:02:10 am »
Remain won't need to demand it, if we stay, I gather we're already committed to it under the terms of the Treaty of Lisbon.

As a separate issue, as much as I detest Mrs May, the process of buying a car last week had me thinking about our negotiation position on Brexit with the EU and I actually felt a tinge of sympathy (not a lot, because I think she's a bit of a devious toad in general  :lol ) if I parallel this process, the following is how I would be approaching the car-buying deal

I start by him telling the dealer I want to buy a car and they'll need to be keen to get my business, otherwise I won't be buying one from them.

As we're talking, my wife says to the salesman, "but remember, he doesn't have the final say, because I don't want to buy the same car as him and I have to approve everything he agrees with you before he can sign up to buying the car. Oh and by the way, I won't do that unless you sell him the Paintwork Protection extra, the Extended Warranty extra, the GAP insurance extra and the Puncture Protection insurance extra....oh and by the way, I don't trust him to negotiate on my behalf..........Oh and by the way, if he doesn't give you what you want, I'll divorce him and get somebody else to come and buy the car who thinks like I do".

Does anybody really think I'm being supported in my negotiation position by my wife, and am I going to be able to get a good deal from the salesman ??

Anyone who approached a deal like that in the business world (or real world, outside of politics), would be a laughing stock with zero credibility.

Now I can see why getting anything other than a shit deal out of the EU whilst our Parliament undermines our national negotiating position, is living in cloud cuckoo land.

Whether we like it or not, taking away the threat from the salesman that you will not buy a car from him is commercial suicide, just like taking away the "No Deal" option is commercial and political suicide for our nation in any Brexit negotiations.
« Last Edit: 23 January 2019, 11:04:43 am by Millietant »

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #1780 on: 23 January 2019, 11:16:23 am »
I see Sony Europe is now departing for Amsterdam. It's not Project Fear, it's Project Fact. Whilst Leave continue to promote Project Fantasy - 'everything will be fine'  :rolleyes

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #1781 on: 23 January 2019, 12:24:09 pm »
I see that PP&O ferries are another company also using brexit as their cover story for their long held plans to move the registration of their ships to Cyprus.   

Here is the real reason. Cyprus has an extremely beneficial tax regime for shipping operations. Tax is charged on the basis of the tonnage and the age of the vessel, rather than on profit, which offers substantial savings compared with conventional taxations.There is no tax on profits from the operation or management or on dividends received from a vessel-owning company, and the wages of officers and crew are exempt from income tax. There is no capital gains tax on the sale or transfer of a Cyprus-registered vessel or the shares of a vessel-owning company, and no stamp duty on ship mortgage deeds.

Cyprus is one of the world’s top five ship management centres worldwide, I wonder why  :rolleyes
As VNA always likes to remind us - remainers kicking leavers - you are kicking the wrong target.

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #1782 on: 23 January 2019, 01:12:56 pm »
Meanwhile the Brexit rats leave the sinking ship as Dyson announces he is moving his head office to Singapore  :(
I see it differently It makes sense to move closer to their biggest customers which is the Asian market, it is part of Brexit that we look beyond the EU to wider global market. Its only the corporate headquarters a few people moving and he will still be paying UK tax, the company also employs 4,500 people in the UK and has a research and development in the UK, relocating the HQ will not lead to job cuts in the UK, Dyson has insisted.
What is annoying is that a big brexiteer like Dyson did not see that his timing on this would be weaponised by the remain campaign. It seems that his beef with the EU revolves around the (already sited by me ) stupid power limits on vacuums that actually favoured German manufactures that heavily lobbied the EU and got their way.
Anyway I am not a fan of dysons I think they are a load of plastic sh1t and as noisy as FOC. Give me a Henry any day - a proper UK company. 

dazza

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - MT10
    • View Profile
« Reply #1783 on: 23 January 2019, 01:38:17 pm »
Yes Fazersharp....A Henry all day long.
And just to show that us Bexiteers are not racist.....I've given mine a makeover. :D

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #1784 on: 23 January 2019, 01:56:04 pm »
Yes Fazersharp....A Henry all day long.
And just to show that us Bexiteers are not racist.....I've given mine a makeover. :D
:rollin But watch out or you will trigger the snowflakes with your racial stereotyping of names

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #1785 on: 23 January 2019, 03:03:59 pm »
Are you sure Dazza? I thought this one was yours :) 

BREXITEER VOWS TO STOP SHAGGING HIS DYSON AS THEY ANNOUNCE MOVE TO SINGAPORE

Brexiteer vows to stop shagging his Dyson as company announces Singapore move
Brexiteer vows to stop shagging his Dyson as company announces Singapore move
« Last Edit: 23 January 2019, 03:05:39 pm by mtread »

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #1786 on: 23 January 2019, 03:43:20 pm »
Do you remember this?

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #1787 on: 23 January 2019, 04:17:11 pm »
He is investing in the UK. Its only a few top brass moving to Singapore as far as I can tell

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #1788 on: 23 January 2019, 04:35:11 pm »
He is investing in the UK. Its only a few top brass moving to Singapore as far as I can tell
Yup by moving manufactuering and then the company headquaters to Singapore.
Yes big invetsment in the UK there fazersharp.

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #1789 on: 23 January 2019, 04:35:54 pm »

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #1790 on: 23 January 2019, 04:42:34 pm »
He moved his entire manufacturing operation to Malaysia in 2002
That was 17 years ago. 14 years before the referendum. 5 years into a Labour government.

Go on VNA/mtread, enlighten us all as to how that was due to Brexit or Thatcher :rolleyes

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #1791 on: 23 January 2019, 06:17:43 pm »
Only if you tell us which bit of Dyson is 'investing in the UK', and why Brexiteers listened to Jeremy Dyson (or Tim Martin for that matter) in the first place.

Grayo

• WSB Pack Hound
  • Another ex Fazer owner still hanging around.
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Triumph Tiger 1050 Sport
    • View Profile
« Reply #1792 on: 23 January 2019, 06:22:45 pm »
Only if you tell us which bit of Dyson is 'investing in the UK', and why Brexiteers listened to Jeremy Dyson (or Tim Martin for that matter) in the first place.
Think you mean James Dyson.  :rolleyes
I could change my opinion, but then we'd both be wrong.

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #1793 on: 23 January 2019, 06:46:30 pm »
See, he can't even get his own name right  :lol

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #1794 on: 23 January 2019, 06:56:35 pm »
I thought there'd be a catch :rolleyes .
Another one for the file marked 'Project Fear' then. Blimey it's getting a bit full :lol

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #1795 on: 23 January 2019, 08:37:29 pm »
Will this do https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2017/feb/28/dyson-shrugs-off-brexit-fears-with-massive-uk-expansion-plan

dazza

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - MT10
    • View Profile
« Reply #1796 on: 23 January 2019, 09:12:52 pm »
 :D

dazza

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - MT10
    • View Profile
« Reply #1797 on: 23 January 2019, 09:16:42 pm »
And just to preemptive the response  :D

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #1798 on: 24 January 2019, 12:06:30 pm »
You seem to be oblivious to political events in Scotland, perhaps you're focusing too hard on events here. Let me enlighten you. The First Minister of Scotland is facing a misconduct investigation for holding a series of meetings with a former First Minister of Scotland, who was recently under investigation himself, but has been successful in his judicial review of the allegations made against him. Why the First Minister felt the need to claim these meetings were unofficial, when  government officials were present, at here home, has yet to be revealed.
This one still has some mileage to go yet. Cant wait  :lol
Oh, and do try and keep up ;)

As I pointed out previously the judicial review brought by Mr Salmond was in respect of the government being in breach of it’s own procedures in their investigation of allegations made against him.  It was not as you said a review of the actual allegations made against him.
This one still has some mileage to go yet. Cant wait  :lol
That was the only bit you got right agricola. :lol

Former Scottish First Minister Alex Salmond arrested - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-46984747

Yes this one could run for a wee while. :eek

steve 10562cc

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - KAWASAKI Z1000
    • View Profile
« Reply #1799 on: 24 January 2019, 04:48:42 pm »
Quite a list of various charges the ex first minister is facing.