Date: 29-03-24  Time: 00:08 am

Author Topic: Ivan slip on kit bypass holes  (Read 2844 times)

Johnrambo20

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Ivan slip on kit bypass holes
« on: 08 September 2020, 02:35:54 pm »
Hi just need something clearing iv fitting the Ivan’s slip on kit to my ge1 Fazer carbs now I’ve read that I only need to enlarge 1 bypass hole eg the middle one but Ivan’s instructions say enlarge 2 holes 1middle and the back one so can I clear this up for me plz do I need both as per instructions or just the middle one I’ve read that from u on one of the forums thanksKit is slip on only not the full monty Also r the jets different in the 2 kits

SkidT

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - R1200GS LC
    • View Profile
Re: Ivan slip on kit bypass holes
« Reply #1 on: 08 September 2020, 04:39:08 pm »
You’d do well to search on posts by “Falcon” on the forum. He has fitted the vast majority of these kits on UK Gen1 bikes.
I’m pretty sure that he posted his own guide some time back.
I believe I also saw a post from him recently answering a similar question. Have a search of his recent posts.
Good luck.

Johnrambo20

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 08 September 2020, 05:22:57 pm »
That where I read it from Falcon I also private messaged him in the morning but he hasn’t replied hence y I put it on the forum so maybe someone else has read the update or has done 1 bypass hole the middle one I haven’t drilled the 2nd one yet waiting to see if I get a reply from falcon269

SkidT

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - R1200GS LC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 08 September 2020, 05:46:48 pm »
No worries mate. Mike isn’t on the forum as much these days,[size=78%], but he does still pop by from time to time. [/size]
[/size][size=78%]IIRC I think Ogri did a Full monty instal some time back and is very knowledgeable. [/size]
[/size]I’m sure somebody will be along shortly to help sort you out. Best of luck with it. [size=78%]

Trebus

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile

Johnrambo20

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 08 September 2020, 06:40:38 pm »
I checked the 2 links above but falcon269 wrote on this forum that if he was to do a write up now On the Ivan’s kit he would only drill one hole see if he gets back to me
« Last Edit: 08 September 2020, 06:44:45 pm by Johnrambo20 »

Falcon 269

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Yamaha R1 1999
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 09 September 2020, 02:04:29 pm »
Replied by PM yesterday. :)

Here's what I wrote in case anyone else is wondering:

You can enlarge the second hole but it makes very little difference to performance and tends to make the mixture a little too rich at part throttle.  Also, it's more difficult to get at the rear hole, so overall it is easier and just as effective to enlarge only the middle hole.The Slip-On kit has 122.5 main jets, the MB kit (used for Full Monty) has 127.5 mains and a different needle profile.  The MB kit is designed to flow more fuel to work with less restrictive full system exhausts.  However, with the appropriate mods to the inlet rubbers and airbox lid, it works very well with the stock headers and a less restrictive end can.Hope this helps. Mike

Johnrambo20

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 09 September 2020, 04:43:40 pm »
Thanks @ falcon269 for clearing that up

ArchDruid

• DAS Born Again
  • wearing my tyres with pride
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Tiger 1050; YZF750/1000
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 09 September 2020, 10:58:11 pm »
I only did one hole with the slip on kit. Happy with the result.

kralik

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 16 September 2020, 12:16:47 pm »
Replied by PM yesterday. :)

Here's what I wrote in case anyone else is wondering:

You can enlarge the second hole but it makes very little difference to performance and tends to make the mixture a little too rich at part throttle.  Also, it's more difficult to get at the rear hole, so overall it is easier and just as effective to enlarge only the middle hole.The Slip-On kit has 122.5 main jets, the MB kit (used for Full Monty) has 127.5 mains and a different needle profile.  The MB kit is designed to flow more fuel to work with less restrictive full system exhausts.  However, with the appropriate mods to the inlet rubbers and airbox lid, it works very well with the stock headers and a less restrictive end can.Hope this helps. Mike
hello Mike & all,thank you for the useful info.One question, I read a lot about the Full Monty kit but I still cannot find what is it all about. I know it contains Ivans MB kit, but what else?If I would fit slip-on with or without less restrictive 4-2-1 headers, do I need full monty kit, or is the MB kit enough?
Thanks in advanceMarek

Johnrambo20

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 21 September 2020, 10:00:37 pm »
Have look on Ivan’s website from what I know u can use it with a slip on but u have to modify the air box and the intake ports and when I spoke to Ivan he said it will give u about 5-7 bhp more after 7k rpm

Falcon 269

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Yamaha R1 1999
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 22 September 2020, 07:31:22 am »
Missed this earlier, sorry.

Two options with Ivan's kits and stock headers:

Fit Slip-On kit and keep stock silencer or fit aftermarket end can.  The latter will give around 128bhp with no other mods.  The stock silencer will give less peak bhp but the midrange gains and smoother throttle response from idle will be the same.

Fit MB kit and aftermarket end can.  You will also have to modify the airbox lid, fit a performance air filter and profile the intake stubs.  This combination is what is know as the Full Monty.  Will give up to 136bhp on a good engine, maybe more if you're lucky.

You should not fit an MB kit without the other mods and certainly not with a stock silencer.

Hope this helps. :)

kralik

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 28 September 2020, 07:34:46 am »
Missed this earlier, sorry.

Two options with Ivan's kits and stock headers:

Fit Slip-On kit and keep stock silencer or fit aftermarket end can.  The latter will give around 128bhp with no other mods.  The stock silencer will give less peak bhp but the midrange gains and smoother throttle response from idle will be the same.

Fit MB kit and aftermarket end can.  You will also have to modify the airbox lid, fit a performance air filter and profile the intake stubs.  This combination is what is know as the Full Monty.  Will give up to 136bhp on a good engine, maybe more if you're lucky.

You should not fit an MB kit without the other mods and certainly not with a stock silencer.

Hope this helps. :)
Thanks, yes, this definitely helps.Just one remark.
I use slip-on on the fazer with stock headers yet. I will probably keep stock headers. Only if would anyone show me that I will not loose the current midrange performance.However, I have modified the airbox lid already and plan is to modify intake boots too. However, I am not sure I want to use performance airfilter.
I will have to clean up the carbs this winter, therefore I would like to buy one of the Ivan`s kit. Now, I need to decide which kit to use.