Would you be willing to take a covid vaccine  

yes
35 (71.4%)
no
6 (12.2%)
Dont know
8 (16.3%)

Total Members Voted: 49

Author Topic: The Covid thread  (Read 69252 times)

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
The Covid thread
« on: 11 November 2020, 02:01:39 pm »
Their seems to be a lot of talk about vaccine at the moment. Get ready for a massive campaign at least as vigorous as the one used to scare the sh1t out of the population about covid in the first place, calling anyone who has genuine concerns an "Anti vaxer". Remember in the middle of the BSE mad cow disease scandal the then agri minister John Gummer feeding his 4 year old daughter a burger, expect to also see that kind of thing.

I don't feel it will be directly compulsory but I predict it may as well be because without a piece paper saying you have had the vaccine you will not be allowed to do almost anything, along the lines of
Public transport, visit the doctors, use a supermarket in person, visit a footy match, get a loan or mortgage.One is reminded of     
revelation 13:16-17 

16 And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark
17 And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark.

MY POLL - MY RULES. NO NAME CALLING, STAY POLITE AND DON'T GIVE THE MODS AN EXCUSE TO CANCEL
« Last Edit: 08 April 2021, 09:32:58 pm by fazersharp »
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Triumph Speed Trip & Tiger 800
    • View Profile
Re: POLL Will you take the Vax
« Reply #1 on: 11 November 2020, 03:18:09 pm »
Why wouldn't you? In fact I have volunteered for the COVID-19 vaccine trials that Imperial College are running in partnership with Oxford University.

I'm doing it because I think it's important that we all do our part to beat this virus. The vaccine is the one that has been developed in Russia. I received my first dose this morning 06:20 am, and I wanted to let you all know that it’s completely safe, with иo side effects whatsoeveя, and that I feelshκι я чувю себя немного стрно и я думю, что вытл осные уши. чувству себя немго страо

agricola

• GP Hero
  • Man on a mission
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 11 November 2020, 04:13:29 pm »
I'm going to wait 20 years, to see if there are any side effects.

As a child of the 1950's, I remember the govt dustcarts spraying the streets with watered down versions of chemical warfare agents

BBROWN1664

• Administrator
  • GP Hero
  • Should get out more!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tracer 900
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #3 on: 11 November 2020, 04:18:58 pm »
On one of my local faceache groups there is a similar poll going on at the moment and the no vote is about 60% of everyone that has voted.
I cannot understand why people would not want it. Some are saying their immune system is better protection. Some are saying they dont trust vaccines full stop and some are saying they want to wait 10 years to see the side effects on this one first. The final group dont care if they get it as they are young/fit/etc so wont be badly affected by Covid.

Personally I think the final group are selfish feccers as they are the ones that will spread it to the more vulnerable people. As for not trusting vaccines, look at the people who are affected by Covid. It is the people who didnt have vaccines when they were younger for MMR, Polio etc. Maybe the MMR/Polio/Tetanus jabs are actually the reason so many younger people are less affected by Covid.
Another ex-Fazer rider that is a foccer again

agricola

• GP Hero
  • Man on a mission
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 11 November 2020, 04:42:47 pm »
My comment was tongue in cheek.

I imagine there is a substantial number of people in front of me on the list of recipients, and rightly so. Hopefully, any side effects etc will be apparent before I get my shot, at which point I will decide.

The final group to which you refer arent going to get the vaccine as they are not at serious risk of harm from the virus, as I understand it
« Last Edit: 11 November 2020, 04:44:31 pm by agricola »

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 11 November 2020, 04:47:56 pm »
Why wouldn't you? In fact I have volunteered for the COVID-19 vaccine trials that Imperial College are running in partnership with Oxford University.

I'm doing it because I think it's important that we all do our part to beat this virus. The vaccine is the one that has been developed in Russia. I received my first dose this morning 06:20 am, and I wanted to let you all know that it’s completely safe, with иo side effects whatsoeveя, and that I feelshκι я чувю себя немного стрно и я думю, что вытл осные уши. чувству себя немго страо
:rollin

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 11 November 2020, 04:49:56 pm »
As I understand it the vaccine in the news right now is not suitable/ does not work on the young.

Which then leads me to the question - how is it that we are told that it is not known why the young are largely unaffected and yet they know how to develop a vaccine directed at the old and not the young.   
« Last Edit: 11 November 2020, 04:52:41 pm by fazersharp »

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 11 November 2020, 05:40:25 pm »
Nothing to see here - quoted my own post instead of editing it. 
« Last Edit: 11 November 2020, 05:42:58 pm by fazersharp »

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
    • Affordable Leather Products
« Reply #8 on: 11 November 2020, 05:58:33 pm »
MY POLL - MY RULES. NO NAME CALLING, STAY POLITE AND DON'T GIVE THE MODS AN EXCUSE TO CANCEL

Not cancelling, but one post and the reply quoting it have been removed.

Please keep this civil and on topic.

GrahamM
Moderator.

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 11 November 2020, 06:00:34 pm »

GrahamM
Moderator.
Thank you - that is what was needed.

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 11 November 2020, 06:04:13 pm »
As regards the vaccine, I'm currently in the Don't Know category.

I want there to be a vaccine, I support vaccines, but I also know that they need a rigorous and comprehensive testing programme before they're rolled out to everyone.

I'm tempted to say that I'll take it a week after every Government Minister has had theirs...

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 11 November 2020, 06:38:33 pm »

Yes, I noticed my perfectly civil post was deleted.

This is a political thread.  It is conspiracy theory nonsense.  Fazersharp complains that the government has spread propaganda in order to scare the population.

Is it propaganda that almost 50,000 people have died so far during this pandemic?  Is it propaganda that our country had to be placed in lockdown in order to protect our health services from collapse and in turn prevent many more 10,000’s Covid deaths?  Is it propaganda that 10,000’s of people are suffering long term effects post Covid?  Is it propaganda that many are struggling, and indeed a fair number have died patiently waiting for routine treatement that our NHS stuggles to provide becuase it is dealing with the pandemic.

I also take great exception to Covid19 and this alleged propaganda being compared to climate change and “"climate denier”.  Man made climate change is a fact.  Covid19 is a fact.  This thread is an insult to us all.

The idea of people being forced to take allegedly dangerous vaccines and/or excluded from society if they choose not to are nasty and downright dangerous fake news conspiracy stories.

Such dangerous and clearly political, and the very worst sort of politics, should not be entertained on foc u.

I will message this to you Grahamn, so that if you choose to delet my post a record of it will remain.

This thread should be locked or deleted.

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 11 November 2020, 07:03:38 pm »

Yes, I noticed my perfectly civil post was deleted.

This is a political thread.  It is conspiracy theory nonsense.  Fazersharp complains that the government has spread propaganda in order to scare the population.

Is it propaganda that almost 50,000 people have died so far during this pandemic?  Is it propaganda that our country had to be placed in lockdown in order to protect our health services from collapse and in turn prevent many more 10,000’s Covid deaths?  Is it propaganda that 10,000’s of people are suffering long term effects post Covid?  Is it propaganda that many are struggling, and indeed a fair number have died patiently waiting for routine treatement that our NHS stuggles to provide becuase it is dealing with the pandemic.

I also take great exception to Covid19 and this alleged propaganda being compared to climate change and “"climate denier”.  Man made climate change is a fact.  Covid19 is a fact.  This thread is an insult to us all.

The idea of people being forced to take allegedly dangerous vaccines and/or excluded from society if they choose not to are nasty and downright dangerous fake news conspiracy stories.

Such dangerous and clearly political, and the very worst sort of politics, should not be entertained on foc u.

I will message this to you Grahamn, so that if you choose to delet my post a record of it will remain.

This thread should be locked or deleted.

Happy to remove the word propaganda for you if you do not like it, but it perfectly describes what was done and needed for the UK to take the virus seriously.Here is the definition of the word Propaganda
  Propaganda is communication that is used primarily to influence an audience and further an agenda, which may not be objective and may be presenting facts selectively to encourage a particular synthesis or perception, or using loaded language to produce an emotional rather than a rational response to the information that is presented.[1]

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 11 November 2020, 07:09:51 pm »
 What you are doing is dangerous Fazersharp, and it is wrong.
The spread of this miss-information has the ability to cost lives.

A new report by the Centre for Countering Digital Hate (CCDH) has lambasted social media companies for allowing the anti-vaccine movement to remain on their platforms. The report's authors noted that social media accounts held by so-called anti-vaxxers have increased their following by at least 7·8 million people since 2019. “The decision to continue hosting known misinformation content and actors left online anti-vaxxers ready to pounce on the opportunity presented by coronavirus”, stated the report. The CCDH warned that the growing anti-vaccine movement could undermine the roll-out of any future vaccine against COVID-19.
https://www.thelancet.com/journals/landig/article/PIIS2589-7500(20)30227-2/fulltext

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 11 November 2020, 07:20:47 pm »
What you are doing is dangerous Fazersharp, and it is wrong.
The spread of this miss-information has the ability to cost lives.

A new report by the Centre for Countering Digital Hate (CCDH) has lambasted social media companies for allowing the anti-vaccine movement to remain on their platforms. The report's authors noted that social media accounts held by so-called anti-vaxxers have increased their following by at least 7·8 million people since 2019. “The decision to continue hosting known misinformation content and actors left online anti-vaxxers ready to pounce on the opportunity presented by coronavirus”, stated the report. The CCDH warned that the growing anti-vaccine movement could undermine the roll-out of any future vaccine against COVID-19.
https://www.thelancet.com/journals/landig/article/PIIS2589-7500(20)30227-2/fulltext
To please you I have removed the word "propaganda" there is nothing in my post that is spreading miss information whatsoever.

You can not go around demanding post to be cancelled just because you and only you do not agree with it. Any normal person reading my post would not read into it any form of miss information.

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 11 November 2020, 07:21:42 pm »
Happy to remove the word propaganda for you if you do not like it, but it perfectly describes what was done and needed for the UK to take the virus seriously.Here is the definition of the word Propaganda
  Propaganda is communication that is used primarily to influence an audience and further an agenda, which may not be objective and may be presenting facts selectively to encourage a particular synthesis or perception, or using loaded language to produce an emotional rather than a rational response to the information that is presented.[1]

Covid19 is not an agenda, It is not perception, it is not a myth pushed on the back of loaded language in order to produce an emotive result.

50,000 deaths in the UK, 10,000’s with long term health issues.  What is it that you do not understand?

It is real.    This thread is an insult to everybody that has been touched by Covid19.  I mean honestly, I am lost for words.  It is sickening.

This is the very worst kind of politics.  If you want to peddle this kind of crap, there is facebook and twitter.  Though I have to say that you may find that shortly the anti-vax accounts start getting shut down on those platforms – at least I certainly hope so.  In the meantime, I’d ask you not to peddle this crap here.  Your thread is deeply insulting and some may find it distressing.  It is not something we need on a bike forum.

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 11 November 2020, 07:48:23 pm »
Joking aside..... of course I'll be having the vaccine. I trust scientists far more than conspiracy theorists, and even more than politicians. It is going to take time to get through everybody, and it would be good if those who refuse immunisation to be denied the privileges of society, so they don't risk spreading to those still waiting.

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 11 November 2020, 08:31:30 pm »
Joking aside..... of course I'll be having the vaccine. I trust scientists far more than conspiracy theorists, and even more than politicians.
Yes I think that is going to be one of the biggest hurdles to a mass take up of any vaccination, people just do not trust this Government. I think we will see a mass advertising campaign using well known and loved celebrities.
 I wonder how many of those that do not want the vaccine will change their mind if £50 is flashed in front of them.     
« Last Edit: 11 November 2020, 08:33:02 pm by fazersharp »

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 11 November 2020, 08:59:24 pm »
I wonder how many of those that do not want the vaccine will change their mind if £50 is flashed in front of them.   
I doubt very much that will happen. The vast majority of people will be desperate for it.
Jonathan Van Tam said he would be first in the queue, if he could. That's good enough for me. As long as it's run by the proper NHS and not Typhoid Dido (Harding).
« Last Edit: 11 November 2020, 10:43:06 pm by mtread »

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 11 November 2020, 09:22:55 pm »
I doubt very much that will happen. The vast majority of people will be desperate for it.
Jonathan Van Tamm said he would be first in the queue, if he could.
I think he said he first wanted to test it out on his mum  :rollin
I know that the survey being carried out by the ONS have been paying paying £50 for the first covid 19 test you take and then a further £25 for each subsequent one you have in the form of vouchers. Could be the way to go maybe. 

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 11 November 2020, 10:35:34 pm »
If anyone has a problem with a post, they are free to use the Report facility.

Moderation decisions are final and discussions will not be entered into.

GrahamM
Moderator.

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 11 November 2020, 10:47:54 pm »
I think he said he first wanted to test it out on his mum 

Yes said that only because he knew he wouldn't be first in the queue. But his 78 year old mum would be.
Somebody on the news suggested Bozo should be first  :D

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 11 November 2020, 11:20:23 pm »
I think he said he first wanted to test it out on his mum 

Yes said that only because he knew he wouldn't be first in the queue. But his 78 year old mum would be.
Somebody on the news suggested Bozo should be first  :D

Maybe they should sell tickets for it :lol
But I also heard it mentioned something about having a antibody test first, if so he may still have them and not be eligible.

Oldgit

• foccerwithoutaspacebar
  • GP Hero
  • Old Age & Treachery will Overcome Youth & Skill
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - BMW R1200RS Sport SE
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 12 November 2020, 10:16:14 am »
Probably this vaccine will be similar to the so called flu vaccine, which only works 35% to 40% of the time, and that we are all being used as part of a great medical experiment. The best example of a vaccine that works is the polio vaccine which works 100% of the time and I for one am hoping against hope that the Covid 19 vaccine will be as effective as the polio one, but I shall not hold my breath on that.

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 12 November 2020, 10:57:38 am »
Probably this vaccine will be similar to the so called flu vaccine, which only works 35% to 40% of the time,

Even if it does only work a third of the time, that would still have the positive benefit of reducing the R number and cause the number of cases to diminish, taking the pressure off the NHS.