Date: 30-04-24  Time: 20:32 pm

Author Topic: Say hello to my new baby!  (Read 8993 times)

packie

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Bandit 1200
    • View Profile
Re: Say hello to my new baby!
« Reply #25 on: 22 January 2013, 11:30:19 am »
My old bike was white, always looked good and clean!
My Fazer is black, dirty bastard......cannot keep it clean at all, even after a wash, you still get water stains and any dirt looks, basically. dirty!!
As much as i love my bike, i wouldn't buy black again in all honesty, maybe grey or silver!

When your black engine is cold...spray tyre foam on it. Gets rid of water stains, dirty dusty look and makes the area you spray it on glossy and new even after a good few rides including the engine. Spray on any "dusty looking" bits but be careful in around the braking area. Works a treat on my all black Bandit 1200 and on the black engine of my Fazer.

I use Turtle Corkpit Shine on the plastics, cockpit, light & indicator switches, mudguard ect that put a lovely shinea with a nice smell as well!! I use and any good wax polish on the paintwork. Those 3 products will bring your bike back to life. If I had black downpipes, I'd give them a re-spray carefully on the bike with heated resistant paint every so often. The Barbeque Oven paint found in DIYs does a good job.

Tourx4

• DAS Born Again
  • Me and my fazer misbehaving on the roads of life!!
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - cg125
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 22 January 2013, 04:40:11 pm »
@Packie not me can't stand girly baby pink, much prefer blue, silver or even yellow!!!!!! :nana
My and my beloved fazer misbehaving on the roads of life!!!!

Foxwood

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 22 January 2013, 06:04:56 pm »
I had mine sprayed matte white last year and it looks way better than the old sun-raped red it was.  8)

swem

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - honda 400/4 supersport
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 22 January 2013, 10:25:02 pm »
 :b love the colour  scheme    :thumbup  was going to get mine painted white over the winter    but was told that because my fazer is red   its the hardest colour to paint over  :groan

packie

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Bandit 1200
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 22 January 2013, 11:44:35 pm »
@Packie not me can't stand girly baby pink, much prefer blue, silver or even yellow!!!!!! :nana

.......I better be on my guard then!!  :hijack

spoonlamp

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 01 March 2013, 12:51:07 pm »
lol - couldn't sleep last night and was thinking about how my bike would look painted white - now I know!

Lovely   :lol    :D

Tibbs

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 07 June 2013, 12:19:48 am »
Took my bike in the serviced & mot'd last Friday, and she passed with no advisories!

Couple things that got picked up on the service:

One half of the chain linkage had fallen off so nothing was really holding my chain together.

I'd messed up installing the scottoiller (it was dribbling in the wrong place) so he sorted that too. He's fitting some crash bungs for me as well tomorrow.

Just need a new pair of textile trousers and I'm ready for summer!

Best give him a shout out - Tom at Bill Bailey Motorcycles in Harrow. Great service, nice bunch of guys. Not too much sniggering as I wobbled off up the road on my brand new feeling bike!
« Last Edit: 07 June 2013, 12:24:18 am by Tibbs »

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 07 June 2013, 06:30:03 am »
Took my bike in the serviced & mot'd last Friday, and she passed with no advisories!

One half of the chain linkage had fallen off so nothing was really holding my chain together.

I'd messed up installing the scottoiller (it was dribbling in the wrong place) so he sorted that too. He's fitting some crash bungs for me as well tomorrow.

Best give him a shout out - Tom at Bill Bailey Motorcycles in Harrow. Great service, nice bunch of guys. Not too much sniggering as I wobbled off up the road on my brand new feeling bike!

That's the first time i've ever heard that shop being called by that name?  :rolleyes
More people are born because of alcohol than will ever die from it.

Paul

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 07 June 2013, 06:52:20 am »
If it were me I'd clean out the carbs and see if there was a difference.

The fazer I use on a regular basis I've never had a problem with, but the other one I've got which has only done around 700 miles from new has given me problems.

It's needed a new battery, carbs cleaned out (twice) and a new set of plugs and its only done 700 miles in 12 years.

Tibbs

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 07 June 2013, 01:14:24 pm »

That's the first time i've ever heard that shop being called by that name?  :rolleyes

That's the name on yell.com and their website: http://billbaileymotorcycles.co.uk/contacts/

What do you know it as?

Tom did say my bike needed a good service (the spark plugs were quite corroded), and she seems much smoother. I need to go home via the motorway to see if it's totally sorted.

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 07 June 2013, 01:43:33 pm »
Sent you a PM.

Crikey you were lucky with the chain link, that could've ended badly  :eek
More people are born because of alcohol than will ever die from it.