Date: 19-05-24  Time: 22:47 pm

Author Topic: Dirty RAC!  (Read 19071 times)

BennyBoy

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
Re: Dirty RAC!
« Reply #50 on: 06 November 2012, 09:01:07 pm »
You live, you learn!

I'm pretty sure that my refusal to sign the second set of forms when the bike was taken to the garage was the reason the truck driver disappeared and didnt give me the lift back from bradford to Colne that I was promised.

DeeDub

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Honda F6C
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 07 November 2012, 11:53:21 am »
Bennyboy.......name and shame the contractor on here too.

They sound like an utter shower of lying, cheating scum bags.
put there web address and details on here to warn others and so that we can spread the word about them and the RAC to other bikers.  :evil

Andy FZS

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 07 November 2012, 12:55:31 pm »
It makes you think you need to take pictures of your bike at the side of the road before collection, how far would you go? You don't expect this to happen do you.

Good Luck
Andy

BennyBoy

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 07 November 2012, 09:25:17 pm »
Here is my "RTA Damaged" fazer as it stood at 9am today.

Clearly a wreck...

You cant see the damage to the bike caused by the contractor in this shot.. but in short:

bard are bent - not hugely, but enough to notice when astride it.. also evident from the looseness of the bars as the mounting point is damaged.

clutch bent round.  cable attachment point (dunno what its called) is snapped off.

LH switch gear cracked, not functioning.. crack is not visible in pic causing all electrics on that side to fail.

black nobble on indicator switch missing.

...but the point is, they are claiming this is an accident damaged or dropped bike.  Thoughts?

BennyBoy

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 07 November 2012, 09:36:33 pm »
Some of the damage caused by them.  Doesn't look too bad, but sure as hell feels like it when you cant steer the bike, turn your lights, indicators, horn, high beams etc on or off or change the bike into or out of gear.

More pics to follow

BennyBoy

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 08 November 2012, 10:44:26 am »
Great..

..now the bloody contractor has agreed to maybe pay for it, but they need to drive all the way to the shop to inspect the bike.  They will then make a decision

pitternator

• "I'll be back"
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 13 November 2012, 05:56:25 pm »
I reckon they aint got a leg to stand on !

BennyBoy

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 13 November 2012, 06:24:20 pm »
Definitely, I think thy are starting to get that too.

They have agreed to pay for most of the damage to my bike.  They have agreed to replace my bard and LH switch set.. just arguing over the final few bits now.

They still wont accept liability for my phonebill, lost wages or other losses yet though.

BennyBoy

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 14 November 2012, 12:06:51 am »
Conversation on the RAC Facebook Page:

Ben Bell
After getting a puncture, the RAC recovered my vehicle, causing it further damage! They offered me a courtesy car for 2.5 of the 13 days its been unuseable.  They refuse to offer more and told me i should be greatful I got that because its not what they normally do.  They "lost" my mechanics report twice despite me having an email confirmation it was received.  They still havent given my vehicle repairs the green light.  I have a definitive report froma mechanic stating the damage was caused by them, but they wont accept it until their recovery agent admits it was their fault.  Congratulations RAC on acting unlawfully while also managing to seriously disappoint a customer, leaving them hundreds of pounds out of pocket.
Like · · 5 November at 13:56

RAC
HI Ben. I am sorry for any dissatisfaction you may feel with the way we handled your concerns. However, I understand my colleague has now reached a resolution with you.
 - Monday at 16:40 · Like

Ben Bell
Not really, no. After 3 weeks, the RAC are finally repairing MOST of the damage they caused.. leaving me to pay for the rest of the repairs myself. I've lost a days wages through broken RAC promises which the RAC refuses to pay for, I'm down £60 in phonecalls and nearly £50 in charges from the courtesy car which i was not informed of beforehand despite the hire car telling me (afterwards) that you had to do so.. by law!
 - 3 hours ago · Like · 1

snapper

• GP Hero
  • Life is an accident waiting to happen
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - panther M120
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 18 December 2012, 04:52:03 pm »
was there a final outcome to this or is it still ongoing ?

BennyBoy

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 18 December 2012, 04:55:57 pm »
Long & short.. kinda sorted.

Ive had everything sorted.

It only happened this past week or so and I avent been on here much to update you all.

Turned ou tin the end, the way to fix it was to obtain a copy of the RAC companies house report which listed all the directors.. the with a bit of spade work on the web, start calling them 7 or 8 times an HOUR.

..After a day and a half, they gave in and authorised it all just to get rid of me.

Surely it shouldn't have to be this hard?  Thankfully - I've got my bike back.. just in time to wrap it up and not ride ti for months!

Win some, loose some, want to attack some others with a cattle prod right

locksmith

• FOC-U Official Selfish Bastard
    A bit of a cheapskate
    imageJune 09
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT-09 :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 18 December 2012, 08:25:14 pm »
Got to admire your resolve Bennyboy. I imagine most of us would have given up and just moaned about it.

Good for you :thumbup

chris.biker

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Hornet 600
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 18 December 2012, 09:57:03 pm »
Hows it go '' speak to the organ grinder not the monkey'' well done.

BennyBoy

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 19 December 2012, 12:22:41 am »
Cheers folks.

To be honest, I was beginning to give up myself.. but without my bike, I can't get to work.. and I don't earn enough to be able to shell out better part of a grand to repair it.  Its one of those situations where you succeed or potentially end up out of a home.

Still, all sorted and I will (at some point) provide a lit of names, numbers, etc of people who are useful to shout at.

Ben

pitternator

• "I'll be back"
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 19 December 2012, 07:37:24 am »
next step is to send all this info to the bike press, and see if they will also follow it through...its crazy to think you have to call directors of a company to get a result. Its certainly made me think twice of ever using RAC again. As it is, I dont , though did pay for years with them.I get breakdown cover through my insurance companies/ bank accounts...FWIW...just hope they dont send these contractors!

Fatherbiker

• DAS Born Again
  • My cat climbed in and sat looking at me!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 24 December 2012, 12:55:52 pm »
Well done Benny boy! That is what you might call determination!....lol. Its great to know that you got there in the end although the summer has long since buggered off.
Have a fantastic Christmas now mate!
Live life, Love life.

cable tie

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
Dirty RAC!
« Reply #66 on: 24 December 2012, 02:41:10 pm »

Turned ou tin the end, the way to fix it was to obtain a copy of the RAC companies house report which listed all the directors.. the with a bit of spade work on the web, start calling them 7 or 8 times an HOUR.

I did exactly the same with yell0w pages, they made a c0ck up regarding charges and 2 years down the line tried it on for £4k, I got threats of court action and debt collectors they even offered a discount if I paid it now, I was getting no where fast with the staff and managers on the phone, and so took it upon myself to find the CEO and everyone under him, I sent them all several pages of my complaint and detailed emails, I had also recorded all conversations for my own purpose so that I could go over exactly what they had said and out the blue I got a call from the PA of the CEO and they agreed to cancel the £4k and gave me a years advertisements totalling £12k FOC and its not the 1st time I've been in dispute with a company and won. It's the best feeling ever be persistent .